Quick Play Clock?

evergreen

Reaction score
I looked up the rules on NFL.com for, what it's worth, on the play clock. this is what they said:

Time between plays will be 40 seconds from the end of a given play until the snap of the ball for the next play, or a 25-second interval after certain administrative stoppages and game delays.

On RW's delay of game from inside the 10 yard line just before halftime, I timed the interval between the plays and it was 36.7 seconds from when RW handed the ball to the refs until the play clock went down. That means they must've started the play clock as soon as he went out of bounds. Hmm... Does that seem a little quick to you?

I was screaming at him about the clock on the TV. No wonder no one new. It was a little fast.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If only they had giant play clocks on the field to let the players know how much time is left.

RamBall

Reaction score
Wasnt the play over when he went out of bounds? This would be when they start the play clock according to the rule as you posted it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Doe snot matter the delay of game was on the center Rw was stamping his foot, and yelling for the ball but the new center missed it.