O-line losing the battle up front..

2_0_6

Reaction score
Its been discussed umpteen times in various threads about how bad our O-line has been playing so far this year. I came across this picture on Twitter yesterday, and needless to say this is a perfect example of why Russell and Marshawn are being forced to work their magic for positive yards.

Talk about getting dominated, yikes.

Los

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Given the blue line is the LOS -- is that only one Rams player working the right side (manned by a second round rookie)? Hard to tell if there's another in the backfield.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Looks like its Britt getting beat and the other Hawk is Turbin in the backfield.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If it's only #95 in the backfield, in fairness all this picture shows is Britt getting beat. It looks worse because two linemen are on the turf a few yards beyond the LOS. But generally aside from that one rusher on the right side everyone else is being kept at bay at the LOS.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1que3wam said:
If it's only #95 in the backfield, in fairness all this picture shows is Britt getting beat. It looks worse because two linemen are on the turf a few yards beyond the LOS. But generally aside from that one rusher on the right side everyone else is being kept at bay at the LOS.

Except that this play is a run to Turbin. So what you are seeing is 3 hawks on the ground, 2 (including our All pro left talckle) completely whiffed on their blocks. and the third getting tossed like a rag. This is actually very telling. :pukeface:

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
I was more focusing on the Five Rams players that would be all in the back field in a second or two. Regardless of who you have running the ball, plays with protection like this are doomed from the start.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3mqa7sgp said:

Given that it's a running play, I can't get behind this. Three blockers on their asses (albeit one's Helfet) and Britt looks to have been destroyed with frightening ease. Turbin has no chance.

Admittedly, it's hard to judge a play from one freeze frame, and it'd be more beneficial to see a clip of that horrible horrible play.

EDIT: Tony got there first.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1fsd0ak9 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1fsd0ak9 said:

Given that it's a running play, I can't get behind this. Three blockers on their asses (albeit one's Helfet) and Britt looks to have been destroyed with frightening ease. Turbin has no chance.

Admittedly, it's hard to judge a play from one freeze frame, and it'd be more beneficial to see a clip of that horrible horrible play.

I tried to find the clip online with no luck.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":yrmgnl7g said:
Its been discussed umpteen times in various threads about how bad our O-line has been playing so far this year. I came across this picture on Twitter yesterday, and needless to say this is a perfect example of why Russell and Marshawn are being forced to work their magic for positive yards.

Talk about getting dominated, yikes.

Los
This picture should be posted at VMAC, preferably in Cables office.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's no good to support your point with one picture.

In fairness, I'd say our using a third-string center is having a lot to do with any O-line struggles we're having. It seemed like Lynch was always running into a knot in the center.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":tx07403d said:
It's no good to support your point with one picture.

In fairness, I'd say our using a third-string center is having a lot to do with any O-line struggles we're having. It seemed like Lynch was always running into a knot in the center.

I agree that one picture usually doesn't summarize a point, but it was like this for almost the entire first half and the first drive of the second.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Are the two O-lines on the deck cut blocking? How did they get into that position downfield?

pehawk

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic; Donald is a BEAST. Holy hell, he threw Carp around like he was Polumbus or Chris Gray. And as much as he struggled, Carp's not an easy dude to toss around.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
From that pic the only ones actually blocking are Carp and Sweezy. Helfet got thrown down, Okung and Shilling wiffed, and Britt got smoked. No idea what Kearse is doing

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":38qyymxq said:
Looks like its Britt getting beat and the other Hawk is Turbin in the backfield.

Britt was the least of the line's worry on that play.......look at Okung and Sweezy who got thrown five yards aside like rag dolls.

Embarrassing, utterly embarrassing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They don't just lose battles they get destroyed at times. They don't have to be great. Just give Wilson a little bit of time. I watched Britt more than once not even slow his guy down and I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

Cartire

Reaction score
Its a run play. Chances are extremely high that Okung and Sweezy had cut block assignments, thus why they are on the turf. One picture does not do this play justice.

I expected more knowledge here from people.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Cartire":3sqg2xwa said:
Its a run play. Chances are extremely high that Okung and Sweezy had cut block assignments, thus why they are on the turf. One picture does not do this play justice.

Nice pop shot about people and their "lack" of knowledge. Anyone who watched the game could easily tell that we were getting DOMINATED at the line of scrimmage for almost the entire game. I don't really think 30 pictures would be needed to prove this.

I'm no coach but if they were cut blocks, isn't it an issue that our guys are on the ground and their guys aren't?

Cartire

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1ld4ors1 said:
Cartire":1ld4ors1 said:

Nice pop shot about people and their "lack" of knowledge. Anyone who watched the game could easily tell that we were getting DOMINATED at the line of scrimmage for almost the entire game. I don't really think 30 pictures would be needed to prove this.

I'm no coach but if they were cut blocks, isn't it an issue that our guys are on the ground and their guys aren't?

My comment had nothing to say about their overall state of play. I know its garbage. I was simply referring to everyone mentioning them lieing on the ground as if they tripped over themselves.

Yes cut blocks should put the others on the ground, but thats a risk you take with the cut block. Defenses will look for the cut on certain plays and jump over it or around it. Sometimes (or in case of our oline, most the time) they will succeed in this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":3nl8evs2 said:

How is missing their cut blocking assignment and ending up on turf better than getting thrown aside on a regular block and ending up on the turf?