Give a SB Ring to any Seahawk, ever...

pehawk

Reaction score
If you could give a 2014 SB ring to any Seahawk from the past, like some type of lifetime achievement award, whom would you choose?

For me it comes to Tez and Mudbone. The bias and little boy in me (alley-oop) would say Mudbone. But logically I'd have to say Tez.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I gotta agree with Tez, that dude was an intense bright spot in a very very dark period for the Hawks.

Honorable mention to Big Walt, he did kinda get screwed out of one though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
For me it comes down to Big Walt, Largent and Tez. The team's 3 HOFers none of which got a ring sadly. Can I choose all 3?

Cool idea for a thread man.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Big Walt. One of the most dominant players in NFL history, let alone at his position. You thinking we should steal back Percy's?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":20evbpz1 said:
Big Walt. One of the most dominant players in NFL history, let alone at his position. You thinking we should steal back Percy's?

Ha!

Sure feels like Percy got a ring without having to work for it, huh? IMO, he always felt separate from everyone else. And, I don't mean that from an injury sense...just a tao way (for lack of a better word).

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Obviously Largent!

I was glad to see that my old HS football coach, Sherman Smith received one. He is now coaching @ Seattle.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I gotta go with Dave Krieg. Lets face it he will never see the HOF. Largent, Walt, Tez all got their due. Give it to Mudbone!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3zgpylb1 said:
SomersetHawk":3zgpylb1 said:

Ha!

Sure feels like Percy got a ring without having to work for it, huh? IMO, he always felt separate from everyone else. And, I don't mean that from an injury sense...just a tao way (for lack of a better word).

Yep, Percy never felt like a Seahawk, even when he took to the field. I kind of feel the same way about Cliff Avril, less so now than last year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
All three of our HOF'ers. I can't pick just one. They all deserved a ring. At least Walt got to try for one.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Kenny Easley.

He was the best safety in the league (Ronnie Lott says so), and due to the brevity of his career, he's not even going to sniff the HoF. A SB ring to honor his time with the team would be a nice consolation.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Superbowl XL team.. ALL OF THEM!! They deserved it, should of had it, but were cheated.

OrFan

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be the all time leading scorer for the Seahawks? Norm Johnson.

Just kidding, I'd say big Walt, or possibly Mack Strong.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's not even close for me, Tez.

Dude won the defensive player of the year on a 2-14 team, the amount of resolve it must have taken to not quit when your offense can't even score a TD is insane.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
pehawk":1t64oyqu said:
SomersetHawk":1t64oyqu said:

Ha!

The crazy thing is that if we somehow won the Super Bowl again this year, Percy would get another ring. He'd have 2 rings for playing 8 games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hass.

I'd give him that SB MVP he was going to have too that was also stolen.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Tez and Walt.

The organization can give out rings to whomever they choose, hopefully they gave one to these Seahawk ambassadors.