Late knee to Russell Wilsons head

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I can't remember who it was but it was OBVIOUS that a Rams defender came in after he was down and gave RW a knee to the head on purpose. It gave RW a few chirpers when he got up.

There better be a hefty fine coming down for that sh*t!!!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm assuming that was the one Pete was most upset about in his presser, could have easily concussed him. That tape will no doubt be sent to the NFL and hopefully we'll hear about the fine this week.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1zmu9023 said:
I'm assuming that was the one Pete was most upset about in his presser, could have easily concussed him. That tape will no doubt be sent to the NFL and hopefully we'll hear about a HUGE fine this week.
FIFY

seahawks187

Reaction score
there was that one then the one when he slid down and the guy took a shot at him.. announcers of coursed said it was clean because he got down late but IDK looked like some BS

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Rams were taking cheap shots all game. The Seahawks get all this talk as a "dirty team" but I seriously don't know why more people don't talk about the Rams. That team is just filthy and they are always out to injure people.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It certainly should have been called, maybe a bad angle for the ref to see the knee hit Russell's head.

Cartire

Reaction score
Without a doubt should have been called. However, I dont think it was intentional after rewatching it.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
seahawks187":240cgf7j said:
there was that one then the one when he slid down and the guy took a shot at him.. announcers of coursed said it was clean because he got down late but IDK looked like some BS

He did slide late, nothing wrong with that one.

White Devil

Reaction score
I've tried to find something about it online and haven't seen anything. The reason is that they only showed the replay one time, very quick, and they didn't even have to comment on it before the play clock was running down and the next play happened.

Would have been a flag on any other team in the league. ET gets flagged for a finger brushing the helmet.

hoxrox

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":xdz0emzk said:
seahawks187":xdz0emzk said:

Doesn't matter. QBs can't be hit like that once he starts the slide.

White Devil

Reaction score
Barthawk":29975lqu said:
Okung pushed the DB in the direction of Russell if we are talking about the one in the pocket after he released the ball. Completely incidental and not a penalty since Okung pushed the guy into RW.

ahhhh.... I never got a good look at it. Thanks for the info.

253hawk

Reaction score
This is the same team that had 4 unnecessary roughness, 4 unsportsmanlike conducts, 1 taunting penalty and an ejection in week 17 against us last year. That's not even counting the ones that were ignored on multi-penalty plays.

So now they've got Gregg Williams and there wasn't a single defensive penalty against them all day? What?

Osprey

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a lambs apologists:
Two separate incidents...
One was Jenkins in the backfield pushed by Okung.
Second was the run when the defender had already begun to launch before Wilson slid.

BASF

Reaction score
That was far from the worst. The one that had me as angry as I have been in a long time was the end zone camera angle Brian Walters sitting on the ground after getting tagged on one of his punt returns. The shot clearly shows the guy who hit him celebrating in the end zone. No big deal right, but then, you see one of their gunners running full speed to congratulate the guy and put his knee into Walters head. I will have to rewatch for the exact moment, but I would love to get a gif of that.

mikeak

Reaction score
hoxrox":1cxvmls9 said:
TorontoHawk":1cxvmls9 said:
seahawks187":1cxvmls9 said:

Yes he can if the defensive player initiates the tackle prior to the slide

That was a bang-bang play and I had zero issue with the no-call

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":39taawrr said:
TorontoHawk":39taawrr said:
seahawks187":39taawrr said:

Yes it does, if the player is in the act of a tackle and the QB slides then it is not a foul.