Any Pro-Bowlers here?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Now that Pro-bowl balloting has started do you honestly think that the Seahawks have any players with a pro-bowl shot?

At the Moment I could only vote for Wilson with a clear conscience. Bobby Wagner would be a close second were he healthy.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
so we're penalizing Sherman's chances because nobody throws at him?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah Wilson, Sherman, Thomas and Wagner if he comes back fast enough. Chancellor hasn't played great because of injuries and Bennett has played better than people realize so he has a shot as well.

OP
OP
Evil_Shenanigans

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hawknballs":mpoz95wa said:

Penalizing? Honestly I think Sherman is going to get overlooked a little bit just because of the way he is being used to offset the injuries to the secondary. He has gotten a couple of big plays hung on him this year that he normally would not, because of that. I still think he is the best performing member of the secondary at the moment FWIW.

Cartire

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2kirzpix said:
Hawknballs":2kirzpix said:

Penalizing? Honestly I think Sherman is going to get overlooked a little bit just because of the way he is being used to offset the injuries to the secondary. He has gotten a couple of big plays hung on him this year that he normally would not, because of that. I still think he is the best performing member of the secondary at the moment FWIW.

He really hasnt had any big plays hung on him. Which are you referring too? I cant find the numbers, the the guy HAS to be leading the league in fewest targets per snap. Im counting about 2 a game right now with SD being 5.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wilson is pretty much a lock right now. Fans of (almost) all teams love him, proven by the fact that he is leading in jersey sales. So you know a lot of fans will vote for Wilson with their 2nd QB vote just because he's someone they admire. Combine that with solid play and some great highlights this year, he may end up the NFC starter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3t2n45th said:

Sherman still gets a lot of props around the league, but yeah Pro Bowl DB's are usually the ones with the most picks. Fair or not, it's how that position is measured (at least for pro bowls/all pro).

If you'd ask me after the first three games, I would have said both Carp and Sweezy should get some serious consideration for guards, they were playing great. But now? Nope.........way too inconsistent.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
They might not be throwing at Sherman a lot, but it's not like they aren't having decent success when they do...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
RW = Lock
Wagner = In if he's healthy and continues playing like he does.
Sherman/ET = Bubble because they don't have the stats to back it up right now. When/IF the turnovers start coming their way, expect them to move to Locks. If the turnovers don't come, I think they're out.

OP
OP
Evil_Shenanigans

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Cartire":9oxuw01i said:
Evil_Shenanigans":9oxuw01i said:
Hawknballs":9oxuw01i said:

He really hasn't had any big plays hung on him. Which are you referring too? I cant find the numbers, the the guy HAS to be leading the league in fewest targets per snap. I'm counting about 2 a game right now with SD being 5.

The catch by Djax in the Washington game is the big one that comes to mind. But like I said I can't really blame him for it because Jackson had beat Chancellor and Sherm was just picking up the scraps.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lynch should be in there, not his fault his OC and OL are basically worthless

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1igh8g77 said:
Lockette. Not a better gunner out there.

Good one. He has been getting a lot of hype lately, he has as good a chance as any Special Teams gunner out there.

OP
OP
Evil_Shenanigans

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
HawkFan72":29zizzd1 said:
SomersetHawk":29zizzd1 said:
Lockette. Not a better gunner out there.

Good one. He has been getting a lot of hype lately, he has as good a chance as any Special Teams gunner out there.

Agreed, can't believe I overlooked him. :34853_doh:

davidonmi

Reaction score
Right now it's hard to name anyone other than RW and lynch. Wagner is he gets back soon probably

Steve2222

Reaction score
Like 80% of pro bowl balloting is done by casual fans and being one of the biggest names in football, there is no way Sherman doesn't win the fan vote.

All Pro is what really matters.

HHawk121

Reaction score
Sherman is widely regarded as the best CB in the NFL. There is no way he isn't in, even without int's.

Locks:
DangeRuss
MoneyLynch
Duece
Sherm

Bubble:
Bennett
Bane
BamBam
Canuck