Seahawks suck in October

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I felt for quite a long time that October has been the Seahawks weakness. I remember it because it seems like the Seahawks suck when they wear pink. Whenever the Seahawks wear pink, I feel like they have a bad game. Now listen, I am not saying they suck because they are wearing pink. That is just the reason I remember that they play bad in October: It's the month when they wear pink.

I don't really know why they play bad in October, but they do. Ever since Carroll got here, look at their records in October:

2013: 3-1
L to Colts 34-28
W over Titans 20-13
W over Cardinals 34-22
W over Rams 14-9

This was probably our worst month last season. Experienced our first loss, played one of our most sloppy games of the year against the Titans (fortunate to win at home). and had that horrible Monday Night game against the Rams that we were fortunate to escape with a win as well. The Cardinals game we won handily, but even then our D gave up 22, which was the 3rd highest total they gave up all year. Record was good in the end, but the performance on the field was not.

2012: 2-2
W over Panthers 16-12
W over Patriots 24-23
L to 49ers 13-6
L to Lions 28-24

Shouldn't have to remind you guys that the Panthers game, 49ers game, and Lions game were excruciating to watch. Seattle did not play well in those games. The Patriots game was exciting and we came out on top, but we were losing for the majority of the game. Performance-wise, this was our worst month in 2012.

I don't pay too much attention to 2011 or 2010 because that is before Russell Wilson got here, but the October struggles remain.

2011: 1-3
L to Falcons 30-28
W over Giants 36-25
BYE
L to Browns 6-3
L to Bengals 34-12

Painful collapse against the Falcons. Browns game was horrible, despite starting Charlie Whitehurst. One of our last blowouts we've experienced to the Bengals.

2010: 2-2
L to Rams 20-3
BYE
W over Bears 23-20
W over Cardinals 22-10
L to Raiders 33-3

Destroyed by Rams and Raiders. (and got blown out 41-7 by the Giants on November 7th)

Again, I don't know the reason, but you only have to look at the records and the scores to see that we have probably played our worst football in the Pete Carroll era in the month of October. I feel like this season is no different: when the calendar hit October, the Seahawks went downhill.

If anyone know a good reason why, I would love to hear it, but I have hope that if we can survive until November, things will turn around. The Seahawks have sucked in October for years, this isn't new. They can turn it around just like they have every other time.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Jeezus... you just brought up that 6-3 loss in Cleveland. I had erased that travesty from storage. Gads, what a Tee-You-Are-Dee TURD of a game that one was.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1mvjsair said:
Jeezus... you just brought up that 6-3 loss in Cleveland. I had erased that travesty from storage. Gads, what a Tee-You-Are-Dee TURD of a game that one was.

We had a completely BS block in the back that took away our only touchdown too.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Thanks for this breakdown. I believe if you review Carroll's tenure at USC he also struggled in late September through October games. From his triple overtime loss at Cal in 2003, to their struggles against a bad Stanford team in 2004, to the "Bush push" game in 2005, to the unexpected loss to Oregon State in 2006, to one of the greatest upsets in college football history at home against Stanford in 2007, to the loss at Oregon State in 2008 that spoiled their national title hopes, to the first blowout loss in 108-consecutive games to Oregon in 2009. For whatever reason, Carroll teams seem to struggled during this time period. But they are absolute money in November.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we suck in the 2nd quarter of games, I guess it just makes sense thay they suck in the 2nd quarter of the season.

:twisted:

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
sutz":3idluyq7 said:
Well, we suck in the 2nd quarter of games, I guess it just makes sense thay they suck in the 2nd quarter of the season.

:twisted:

Good point!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cec78ip said:
Hasselbeck":2cec78ip said:
The only logical thing is the Seahawks hate boobs

Or they get so distracted by them that they cannot focus on football?

Must be why I am watching the Rams game again......I saw cheerleaders being Photoed........again...and again....

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I meant to include this in my original post, but it was so long that I forgot. Here are the records broken down by month since Pete took over (not including this year, which is another bad October). October is the only month the Seahawks are not over .500 (other than 2 games in January) and as I detailed above, October includes some of our worst losses and least impressive wins. The thing I look at for hope this year is Pete Carroll teams finish strong in December usually (ironically, last year was probably our worst December even though it was our best season).

We have played more games in December than any other month because we don't have bye weeks in December, yet we have fewer losses than October.

September: 9-5 (11-6 if we include this year)

October: 8-8 (9-10 if we include this year)

November: 8-6

December: 12-6

January (Regular Season): 1-1

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
PC is clearly suffering from seasonal affective disorder and dragging the entire complexion and culture of the team down with him until he adjusts. Strap that man down and inject sunshine straight into his veins!