The Only Bad Taste I See Is Fox Sports

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The players love our uniforms. Remember how jealous everyone was of our uniforms when they were unveiled at that big Nike event? So many players were saying they wished their uniforms looked like ours.

I hear fans of other teams all the time say how much they love the Seahawk uniforms.

I think this is just a case of a writer or group of writers that have a taste for the old school look making a slideshow. Definitely their own lack of taste.

nsport

Reaction score
The only thing I've ever heard is the fluorescent green is a bit too much. It doesn't bother me any, but for traditionalists it can be a drain.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3mx2xshm said:

According to the article, they say that the uniforms under Holmgren were much better, and that's kind of funny, because I heard some sports guy within the last 2 weeks (can't remember who) mention something about the Saints game and in the same breath saying something about how at least we don't have to wear those ugly uniforms anymore

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree that the Holmgren era uniforms were the best iteration of our uniforms ever, because the neon green is terrible........and it always will be.

The uniforms that stand the test of time are the ones that don't date the design due to crazy colors or patterns. Everyone knows looking at the terrible teal of the Mariners or Marlins of the 90's knows EXACTLY when those colors were in style.

Same with the new Nike uniforms with the obnoxious neon green.........which is why I wish our wolf grey uniforms (without the neon trim) were our primary uniforms, because that's a classic looking design. Then swap out different colored helmets and pants.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9zmxqv3c said:
I agree that the Holmgren era uniforms were the best iteration of our uniforms ever, because the neon green is terrible........and it always will be.

The uniforms that stand the test of time are the ones that don't date the design due to crazy colors or patterns. Everyone knows looking at the terrible teal of the Mariners or Marlins of the 90's knows EXACTLY when those colors were in style.

Same with the new Nike uniforms with the obnoxious neon green.........which is why I wish our wolf grey uniforms (without the neon trim) were our primary uniforms, because that's a classic looking design. Then swap out different colored helmets and pants.

I'm ok with some neon green, I'm just ECSTATIC that we got rid of those neon green alternates. THOSE were the definition of bad

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2q11il2b said:
Sgt. Largent":2q11il2b said:

I'm ok with some neon green, I'm just ECSTATIC that we got rid of those neon green alternates. THOSE were the definition of bad

Yeah but they made Hass so much faster!

Hasselbeck green

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't mind our green trim at all. I absolutely LOVE our new uniforms. Seems like the article is nothing more than trying to get clicks and people talking. Meh. I thought the Holmgren Era Uniforms were dated-looking and tired. The only thing I would like to see (besides getting to wear the retros) are silver helmets as alternate helmets.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Our new uniforms make our older ones look pedestrian.

Power rankings of Seahawks unis IMHO

1. 2012 - present
2. Original - 2002
3. 2002 - 2011

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Speaking as a man with a degree in design, it's a silly list, as most of these are. The author's reasoning is suspect; green and blue go together in the natural world quite often; it's one of the most basic pairings possible.

Plus, someone didn't do their research (cf. "reptilian," and the idea that Seattle only integrated a neon green as a tertiary in 2012).

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2sbs91fa said:
Our new uniforms make our older ones look pedestrian.

Power rankings of Seahawks unis IMHO

1. 2012 - present
2. Original - 2002
3. 2002 - 2011

Agreed.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
2002-2011 were the worst NFL uniforms in the history of the NFL. I mean that 100%. I couldn't buy a Jersey until we switched.