I know we don't really care about power rankings...

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Seattle's special teams unit was a huge part of the victory in Super Bowl XLVIII. It was the only thing that kept the Seahawks from getting blown out by Dallas in Week 6. And yet, on Sunday, it was responsible for the loss in St. Louis.

Oh, and at this point, anyone who thinks Russell Wilson is a glorified "game manager" -- or clearly inferior to Andrew Luck -- is crazy. Wilson threw for 313 yards and ran for 106 against the Rams -- without committing a single turnover.

dutchman063

Reaction score
He'll get his props when he can consistently lead the team to come from behind victories

NFLFan45

Reaction score
hawknation2014":15wi1mov said:
Seattle's special teams unit was a huge part of the victory in Super Bowl XLVIII. It was the only thing that kept the Seahawks from getting blown out by Dallas in Week 6. And yet, on Sunday, it was responsible for the loss in St. Louis.

Oh, and at this point, anyone who thinks Russell Wilson is a glorified "game manager" -- or clearly inferior to Andrew Luck -- is crazy. Wilson threw for 313 yards and ran for 106 against the Rams -- without committing a single turnover.

Wilson is not a "glorified game manager" and anyone saying that doesn't watch him play.

However, and I know I'm going to be called a hater or troll for this, but he isn't on Lucks level when you compare them as passers.

Luck is more of a prototype QB who, more often then not, plays from the pocket. He is deadly from the pocket.

Wilson, up to this point in his career, has lived on improvising and scrambling. ELITE level improvising and scrambling (don't take that as a slight). I don't think people realize the stress a running QB puts on the defense. The reason scrambling QB's rarely hurt the Hawks is that they play way more zone than other teams do so more often then not they have multiple players with eyes on the QB.

I'm not saying Wilson won't progress and eventually be deadly from the pocket but right now he isn't even close to Luck in that dept.

Don't take that as me saying Wilson isn't good. There is more than one way to skin a cat and Wilson's style is obviously effective. Wilson is better with his style of play then any other QB's that play his style too, like Kap or RG3.

When these guys came in the league though first thing I said was Luck would have a much longer career than RG3, Kap or Wilson. Unless the three scramblers learn to be deadly from the pocket they won't be as good later in their career when they won't be as effective running around. You take RG3, Kap or Wilsons legs from them right now and they aren't carving D's up from the pocket. They just aren't. In fact I think RG3 may be out of the league in 5 or 6 years.

I know I know, I'm gonna catch flak for daring to say I think Luck is better. I don't think anyone can argue that Luck is a better pure pocket passer. I'm bias towards that type of QB. I'll readily admit that. If you want a traditional pocket passer then Luck is your guy. If you like a guy with elite scrambling and improvisational skills then Wilson is your guy.

They are both great QB's.

Ozzy

Reaction score