Rams Game: The Ugly

HawkHack

Reaction score
Ugly: Getting no pass rush on a third-string QB, though I will admit that Davis was unexpectedly mobile. As has been noted in many other threads, this is starting to be an issue, and is affecting our decimated DB play.

Ugly: The refereeing. Not so much the refereeing through the game (we're used to that kind of a beating), but the fact that they didn't review that fumble at the end. That was really just mind-boggling, and the NY team claiming that they did look at it and saw no reason to review it is just talking out of their rear ends.

Ugly: Injuries. I'm starting to think that a relatively injury-free season is a prerequisite for a deep playoff run, and we sure don't have that. We did in 2005 and again in 2013. When your starting FB breaks his foot in pre-game warmups, you're having a bad injury season. Weren't we playing our fourth-string CB at various times?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Good post and don't feel obligated to sugar coat our inability to get after Davis. The 9ers had him peeing himself just the week before (all 2nd half). The Rams did switch a few things up for him, and his YPP was Ponder-esque, but still, he looked too damn comfortable out there to me.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkWow":2c0ooxtj said:
Good post and don't feel obligated to sugar coat our inability to get after Davis. The 9ers had him peeing himself just the week before (all 2nd half). The Rams did switch a few things up for him, and his YPP was Ponder-esque, but still, he looked too damn comfortable out there to me.

I think it sucks too, but it's the reality have to deal with. As one of the coaches said, our "rotation is not the same as last year," meaning we don't have the same depth of talent on the D line. Our pass rushers have to play more snaps now. Last year they just came in with fresh legs and got after it. We were spoiled last year.

That said, I hope Quinn and Carroll can come up with something to improve the situation with present personnel. Pete hinted at something in his latest presser. Hopefully whatever plan they have will make enough of a difference to start winning some games. Having Wagner out and Kam at less than full strength isn't helping the situation either. Never imagined our D getting weaker in all areas, but the injuries aren't discriminating this season, sheesh!