Sick of Dean Blandino

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Anybody else feel like this guy is corrupt to the core... Watching his explanation of the end of the Ram robbery and he sickens me. This guy never admits fault and most of the time I watch his piece on the NFL Network I just shake my head in disgust. Does the NFL really think its viewers are this gullible? Just had to weigh in on this crap.... Looked for a post about Blandino in the first page of this forum.... if I missed it I apologize (feel free to remove or lock if I messed up).

Subzero717

Reaction score
Yup. That and he gloating about how the uptick in penalties are a good thing and clubbing with Cowboys in offseason.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Bagdad Mike also spun things. The refs stick together both as a union and as coworkers. It is very much inline with never throw a teammate under the bus mentality. Hate to see it cause no one learns if mistakes aren't put out there.

It seems that the refs have been way more involved in the game than they have been in the past. It is making it miserable to watch and has affected the outcomes of more games than usual this year. The thing that bothers me is if someone is to speak out about the amount of suck the refs are showing it leads to fines. It can also lead to retaliation and I am hoping we don't get that due to the comments of ET.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
corporate stooge to the very definition of the term. These guys are an NFL plants.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
There is something about the tone and substance of Blandino's comments since even preseason that just feels like he was put out there specifically to put the screws to Seattle.

Otherwise, I don't really see, or have too many problems with the interpretation of the rulings against us. While I thought the Carpenter unnecessary roughness call was lame -- ultimately the play was pretty much a textbook violation. Carpenter didn't HAVE to dive on him. He was on the ground. He could have stood over him and just kept one hand to keep him down. It wasn't NECESSARY to do that. I'd be surprised if any seahawk duplicates that penalty this year.

We didn't get the fumble call. But then we certainly aren't giving back the Percy 51 yd. touchdown that wasn't against SD either. At the very least, the fumble was far more questionable than the Percy TD. That was just patently obvious.

Reading around fan forums across the league, pretty much every fan base feels they get the shaft. With 'proof positive' complete with examples or anecdotes. We're really no different than every other fan of every other team. Except we do have a earned reputation around the league from the bitter tears of XL. It's really nothing more than confirmation bias at that point however.

hoxrox

Reaction score
He did admit fault on the phantom OPI call against the Rams, that led to the 9er come back.

Maybe last week, they felt the need to give them make up calls / non calls. (With Fisher being on the competition committee and all)