Cooper Helfet

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
This guy has impressed the hell out of me as a receiving TE in the absence of Miller and Willson. He's not the greatest blocker in the world.

I'd like to see him continue to get plenty of reps even when Miller and Willson come back. Lots of 3 TE sets maybe.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
3 TEs in a rotation would not be a bad thing. I also like what we did with our new WRs. Go Hawks.

pehawk

Reaction score
He also skews the Seahawks "hottie" factor, ALOT. Dude's just good looking.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
One thing to note, he lives with Marshawn Lynch. How crazy is that. I hope he gives some Marshawn stories.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1fv4k5g0 said:
One thing to note, he lives with Marshawn Lynch. How crazy is that. I hope he gives some Marshawn stories.

Seriously?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Really pleased for him, he's had to wait a long time for his opportunity.

He would have lost Practice Squad eligibility after next year and probably found it pretty hard going to land himself on a team. That performance against the Rams should ensure he stays in the NFL for at least another season; whether with us or elsewhere.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I thought that 3TE sets were supposed to be a staple of our offense. Currently, we're running a tackle out there when we go heavy.

Yeah, Helfet has impressed for a young guy. I hope he maintains it.

Basis4day

Reaction score

razgriz737

Reaction score
Yeah, he does seem to have great hands. Hope he can improve on the blocking front but it won't be as vital when we get Miller back.

Spokanefan

Reaction score
Don't know if anybody else had picked this up, but in the Dallas game program, they had an Q&A with Helfet, and to the question as to his best friend, he answered Marshawn. I was kinda surprised, thought it was cool, and so of course this latest news makes sense. To me, it speaks once again to the Marshawn's complexity, and how much he keeps hidden from most everyone on the outside....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The guy is good enough to be the big WR we covet.

He also is one of the worst blocking tight ends of all time. Safety, linebacker, corner, or defensive end, he whiffs equally bad on all.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":32in1p1t said:
The guy is good enough to be the big WR we covet.

He also is one of the worst blocking tight ends of all time. Safety, linebacker, corner, or defensive end, he whiffs equally bad on all.

Sounds like a consistent TE blocker to me....You said them all. :mrgreen:

gabel

Reaction score
I sat next to his parents last year at the San Diego Pre-Season game, really nice people. His mother was particularly friendly and out going. He made a really bad drop in that game and you could have heard a pin drop in our section. Super glad he has kept working at it and seems to have turned the corner.

Largent80

Reaction score
pehawk":2ulnvg3p said:
He also skews the Seahawks "hottie" factor, ALOT. Dude's just good looking.

Yeah, if you started that thread you did many years ago, I would pick him.....ummm, damn.

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3t3il825 said:
My wife likes him and Kam.

Size queen...

I'm interested in Scotte's take here though. If he sees that, and I trust him, why isn't it happening? Wasn't it 2012 when all of us thought the Hawks we're going to go all NE Pats, and have two WR/TE hybrids? So, it's not crazy to think they'd think along those lines, right?

Or, maybe, he's so bad as a blocker opposing defenses would know if he'd split wide, it's a pass? Is he even a bad blocker as a WR?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":3b5ztqfl said:
Basis4day":3b5ztqfl said:
My wife likes him and Kam.

Size queen...

I'm interested in Scotte's take here though. If he sees that, and I trust him, why isn't it happening? Wasn't it 2012 when all of us thought the Hawks we're going to go all NE Pats, and have two WR/TE hybrids? So, it's not crazy to think they'd think along those lines, right?

Or, maybe, he's so bad as a blocker opposing defenses would know if he'd split wide, it's a pass? Is he even a bad blocker as a WR?
He certainly whiffed when he and Kearse were blocking a screen for Norwood.

kearly

Reaction score
Watching Helfet in the Rams game felt like I had been transported to an alternate universe where the Seahawks had signed Eric Decker last offseason. Then moved him to TE.