Who needs a laugh? Time to trade Marshawn??

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
We get an undrafted free agent running back AND a 4th round pick.

And all we have to give up is the guy who creates our offensive identity?

Sign me up!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The guy who wrote this article is obviously a Chargers fan. This is the same sort of ridiculous trade scenario that we often see on here when we overvalue our players and think we can get star players for them.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If our plan is to let him go after this season?

Well, we'd better get at least a third and Oliver. I think I might pull the trigger then.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":31vrjman said:

Well, we'd better get at least a third and Oliver. I think I might pull the trigger then.

Yeah, Chargers are going to give up Oliver, a young stud and a 3rd round pick for a guy that everyone in the NFL knows will be available in the offseason.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2w5tslx2 said:
Maelstrom787":2w5tslx2 said:

Yeah, Chargers are going to give up Oliver, a young stud and a 3rd round pick for a guy that everyone in the NFL knows will be available in the offseason.

Exactly. As GM, I'd have to get a wacky good offer to let him go. Otherwise, the Beast stays a Seahawk for the remainder of the season.

Rat

Reaction score
That sounds like the kind of value we would get out of a trade, so I don't think it's THAT unlikely.

What happened to that backup TE Green that looked like he was going to take off for the Chargers last year? I don't think I've heard his name once this season, but he might be someone I'd consider asking for from them.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Two players for one. Sounds like a steal.

In other news: apparently the Andrew-Luck-for-two-bags-of-peanuts-and-a-box-of-Top-Pot-donuts is a thing. #Stats4Snacks

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Rat":14xolh5u said:
That sounds like the kind of value we would get out of a trade, so I don't think it's THAT unlikely.

What happened to that backup TE Green that looked like he was going to take off for the Chargers last year? I don't think I've heard his name once this season, but he might be someone I'd consider asking for from them.

No one is trading Lynch.

Rat

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2q29bkhv said:
Rat":2q29bkhv said:

No one is trading Lynch.

A lot of people would have said that about Harvin a few weeks ago.

I'm not saying I think it'll happen, but nothing surprises me with this team. For the right price, I'd think everyone aside from Wilson is available.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I suspect that the team would listen to offers if approached. However it would have to be a huge offer. I don't think they are pedaling , but I didn't see them moving Harvin either.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Trading Lynch this season would be throwing in the towel. I can definitely see him being either traded/released after this season though.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The reason this article exists is because the Chargers are contenders and could really use a RB. The author looked at all of the star RBs and decided that with Lynch's contract, our other upcoming contracts, and our depth in CMike and Turbin that we would be most willing to part with ours. It's a reasonable thought if you don't follow the team very closely.

He doesn't realize that Lynch's attitude and physicality are just as important for our team as his yardage, and he also sees CMike as a high draft pick but clearly doesn't know much about his struggle to be on our active roster.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Two problems with this article: Yes, the Chargers are contenders but so are the Seahawks, why would Seattle throw in the towel this early in the season? If you're asking them to give up the backbone of their offense you better be giving up more than a 4th round pick. 2nd and 4th. Yes, he's leaving at the end of the season, but the point of the trade is winning NOW and if you're asking the Hawks to bail on winning now so that your team can, then you better be willing to buck up a 2nd rd pick. The other problem is swapping us for their running back. If their RB is so good, why would they want Lynch to begin with? No, the guy's a step down from Lynch obviously. So why on earth would the Hawks step down?

I know pot is not yet legal in San Diego, but come on man, don't write when you're THAT stoned!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":21v865t9 said:
The reason this article exists is because the Chargers are contenders and could really use a RB. The author looked at all of the star RBs and decided that with Lynch's contract, our other upcoming contracts, and our depth in CMike and Turbin that we would be most willing to part with ours. It's a reasonable thought if you don't follow the team very closely.

He doesn't realize that Lynch's attitude and physicality are just as important for our team as his yardage, and he also sees CMike as a high draft pick but clearly doesn't know much about his struggle to be on our active roster.

Uh, their running stats have been pretty darn good with Branden Oliver, not to mention they are getting Mathews back in a few weeks.

There's nothing weak about their running game.

lobohawk

Reaction score
This is just one of four trades that are according to the lead, "...explosive, albeit unlikely, hypothetical deals". Just writers coming up with some what-if scenarios. Not actually a real proposal.

Proposals:
» Brady to Texans
» Suh to Bengals
» McCoy to Raiders
» Lynch to Chargers