Does Sherman Follow Kelvin? Greg Olsen?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm genuinely worried about our matchup vs Greg Olsen.

Any thoughts on if you think Sherman might follow Kelvin, the Panthers only real threat at WR?

kidhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3f8qql13 said:

Any thoughts on if you think Sherman might follow Kelvin, the Panthers only real threat at WR?

It looks like there's a really good chance that Maxwell plays. If Maxwell plays, I think they go back to normal. If Maxwell is still out, then all bets are off and we could see Sherman anywhere as we have the last 2 games

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SonicHawk":35qesae0 said:

If Maxwell returns as Pete says is possible.. then probably not.

If he can't go.. then I can see this as a realistic option.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Sherman plays his side but it will be somewhat fluid depending on how the game goes. If Kelvin starts going off I think they slide Sherman over there like he did with Dez.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":14ndz0l3 said:
SonicHawk":14ndz0l3 said:

It looks like there's a really good chance that Maxwell plays. If Maxwell plays, I think they go back to normal. If Maxwell is still out, then all bets are off and we could see Sherman anywhere as we have the last 2 games

Hopefully Kam is ok.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Kam would only be okay if he'd gotten the surgery the week before the bye and came back week 11. By trying to milk 16 games out of him, the Hawks have effectively neutralized their key player all season.

kmedic

Reaction score
I can't see Kam on Olsen this week. He's just too hobbled right now. My best guess as worrisome as it might sound is that they will cover him with a LB or third safety depending on if they are in nickel or base defense. I agree that the smart thing to do might be to put Sherm on him man-to-man all game, but I don't sense that's Pete's style.

ctrcat

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":zal7emqh said:
Win or lose this week, Greg Olsen is going to have a field day.

He actually had some key drops in last year's game, the season opener. Still a good player having a good year.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think Sherman and the coaches give Maxwell too much credit. He's a solid #2 CB best suited to cover #2 receivers. I have full confidence he could neutralize the Panthers #2 WR.

But if they're going to keep Sherman on one side and let Maxwell cover Benjamin, then I actually think we may be a little better off giving Maxwell another week to rest and heal and put Sherman on Benjamin. Let Burley cover whoever the Panthers throw out there as the #2.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm not giving Benjamin the respect of the Sherman treatment until he earns it. If it looks like he is going to go off on us, we can always throw Sherman over there on him, but let's show him as much disrespect as we can until he proves he is going to step up.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm not giving Benjamin the respect of the Sherman treatment until he earns it. If it looks like he is going to go off on us, we can always throw Sherman over there on him, but let's show him as much disrespect as we can until he proves he is going to step up.

nanomoz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1tcnw6jk said:
SonicHawk":1tcnw6jk said:

Forgive my ignorance, Kid, but what is your avatar from? A bunch of folks seem to have these creepy, Henson-y avatars.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think they will have Sherman stay on his side unless we start getting burnt by the pass. Then they may switch it up and have him cover the hot receiver.

However missing Bobby Wagner scares me a ton with both Olsen and Cam. Wagner has played really well against Cam in the past and kept him from running all over us.