Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Boy these 2014 Seahawks are challenging my predictions.

Last week was one of those weird "Yeah we lost but I don't feel that bad about it" games. Our offense looked like they took some major strides now that PITA Percy is not being forced into the scheme. Back to 18-22 carries for Beast and some nice play action, move the chains. Baldwin and Kearse are still highly underrated in the league as far as I am concerned. Pedestrian my ass.

My heart tells me the Seahawks will pull out of their slump this weekend, but my mind says otherwise. The Panthers D is suffering but until we can get our OL and DL to shape up, I don't see us winning a 10AM away game at the moment. Perhaps they surprise and dominate at the line of scrimmage on both sides. No matter what, we all know Russell Wilson will have the team in position to win at the end. Will they?

Aros' Fearless Pick: Seahawks 23 - Panthers 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 3-3

Largent80

Reaction score
I actually feel better about this week than last week. At least on offense we moved the ball well, and I am feeling we are going to do well on offense in this game. It's our former strength=our defense that worries me.

If we get Maxwell back that is going to help a LOT. Also, Simon got a little exp. last week. Onward and upward we go.

Hawks 27
Panthers 21

SeatownJay

Reaction score
My faith in this team, on the road against a good team, is fading.

Seattle Seahawks 20
Carolina Panthers 24

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
We will be fine. The team practiced knowing they would be without the Party Pooper giving ADB, Kearse, Walters, PRich, and maybe Norwood some insight to their usage this week. Also Turbin got reps at FB instead of surprise.
Seattle 24
Carolina 20

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm just not feeling it. Too many injuries. The defense is a shell of last year's D. No ability to finish the job on sacks or turnovers. The O line is garbage. 10 am start. There just is not a lot to make me feel good about where this team is heading. I thnk it will be a very ugly game either way.

Panthers 17, Hawks 13

Hawknballs

Reaction score
SeatownJay":174l3r5s said:
My faith in this team, on the road against a good team, is fading.

Seattle Seahawks 20
Carolina Panthers 24

it's a good thing we aren't playing a good team then.

Two most impressive games this year for the panthers:

24-7 win over the Lions in week 2
tie with Cincinatti

Otherwise, this team barely beat crappy tampa, beat an inconsistent bears team by 1 TD at home, and was destroyed against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay by a combined score of 113-46, and 30 of those 46 points came when the game was already over.

Seahawks 27, Panthers 20.

4-2 on the year.

kearly

Reaction score
If DVOA is to be believed, this game should be a Seahawks blowout.

But, I think with our pass defense being so bent out of shape, Cam finally has a good game against us. He just missed several chunk plays against Seattle in 2013.

If Carolina's defense was a shadow of their former selves, we'd be in trouble. But their pass rush is weak and their run defense is the worst in the NFL.

I expect this to look like the St. Louis game, but without the Special Teams impact for the opponent.

Seahawks 31
Carolina 24

2_0_6

Reaction score
**Phrase of the week, Ignore the noise**

After a full week of the Percy drama, all the Russell isn't black enough crap, they use all of the outside noise as motivation and have a statement game this week. I am REALLY feeling good about this game.

My bold predictions:

Russell throws for 275+
Lynch runs for 100+
Defense get a pick and three sacks

Hawks get back on track and play their best game of the year.

Hawks 31
Panthers 10

RTD 4-2

Gregg Bell ‏@gbellseattle · 7m7 minutes ago  Renton, WA
Russell Wilson: "Percy Harvin & I never had differences...Ignore the noise...there is no division in our locker room" #Seahawks**

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seattle 31 Carolina 13

Seattle is much better than their record and they should be a little stronger in the secondary with a couple more bodies. I think Wilson and company silence the doubters this week with an impressive win. DVOA has a huge gap between Seattle and Carolina and I think it shows this week.

3-3 on the year

Chawks1

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":iro63ra9 said:
I'm just not feeling it. Too many injuries. The defense is a shell of last year's D. No ability to finish the job on sacks or turnovers. The O line is garbage. 10 am start. There just is not a lot to make me feel good about where this team is heading. I thnk it will be a very ugly game either way.

Panthers 17, Hawks 13

Yeah, this is about right.... We barely escaped 12 to 7 last year and 16 to 12 the year before that. This is our second consecutive 10am East Time Zone game....flying from Seattle to St. Louis to Seattle to Carolina??? Will be a tough game to regroup for.

Panthers 20
Hawks 17

Season Record 4-2

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We have a much happier Sunday afternoon

Seahawks 27
Panthers 19

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
After last week I was sure I was going to predict a loss for the Hawks for the first time since the 2012 season, but the Panthers may be a bigger mess then Seattle. Neither team is playing good defense.

Hawks 30
Panthers 28

To date 3-3

HawkFan72

Reaction score
10am two weeks in a row sucks. We will start out slow and we we have a ton of injuries.

But I am optimistic after watching the Offense last week. Lynch should have a big day.

Seahawks 20
Panthers 17

My Record to Date: 3-3