Turbin's future

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting the vibe that this might be the perfect opportunity for Turbo to find "his place" on the team? Many feel that is is simply an "average" runner, and is not the most talented back out there. However he has proven to be a great teammate and a hard worker, so if does well and progresses at FB, that would be a great situation for him going forward. In an NFL where the FB position is being abandoned, and even we, a run first team, have started to use one less and less, he could be the FB when needed and solid go-to option at back up RB. As much as I love Coleman and his story, that would mean we wouldn't have to commit a 53-man or even 46?(active game day) body to a full-time FB.

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe this is his niche. I remember when we got M-Rob. He was still a little raw and blossomed. Here is to hoping the Hulk can get it going.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm not sure he'll ever be a M-Rob/Coleman type FB, but I'll be interested to see if these split-back/I-formation looks open things up a bit for Marshawn and Turbin since Turbin is a bigger threat to get a carry and dump off than either Coleman or M-Rob. Not sure it'll be optimal, but this is a good opp for Seattle to experiment. Seattle doesn't seem to rely on exceptional blocking at that position anyway and seem to prefer using "football players" over true fullbacks. Turbin seems to do just well enough at all the requisite skills to make this interesting. The hybrid RB/FB role could be what the doctor ordered (or it could be a whole lot of nothing). We'll see.

dunceface

Reaction score
Well Lynch already gave him compliments on his blocking so there may not be the same trust issues we saw when trying out the other new guys when MRob went out
so I'm all for it!

sutz

Reaction score
Well, if he and his agent will buy in, I'm all for it. FBs get smaller paychecks than RBs, typically.

Latest posts