A couple plays a game I'd like to see Sherm at WR.

Rainman

Reaction score
At 6'3" I think he'd be our tallest WR and he does have a bit of experience from his Stanford days...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rainman":2094xr2n said:
At 6'3" I think he'd be our tallest WR and he does have a bit of experience from his Stanford days...

Sherman is elite at a position where we are sorely lacking in depth right now. Playing him at a position we have excess depth at is not a sound choice.

Basis4day

Reaction score
No, we shouldn't move Earl to Nickel Corner... oops
No, we shouldn't move Kam to linebacker... dang
ok
No we shouldn't move Browner to Safety... Shoot, hes not even on the team anymore.

Let's just leave the pro-bowlers alone and not get too gimicky, K ?

Reaction score
Now this is why I don't post anymore on this site, when ppl make dumb threads like this smh.. 3 and 4 years ago this board wasn't like this

Cartire

Reaction score
The last thing I want to see from this team is gimmick plays. They need to get back to hard mouth, confident play. And thats done through solid playmaking on well designed plays, not gimmicks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
i realize that becuase he doesn't have INT's and because our defense hasn't been nearly up to our standards that peole might think that sherman needs to do more but to be honest he's shutting guys down and QB's aren't throwing his way so really he's one of the few players on the defense who's playing up to his usual standards so lets not needlessly get him beat up.

Honestly I think by year's end we'll be pleasantly surprised about what we've got in Richardson and Norwood.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I understand the thinking behind it, but I don't feel it's worth the risk exposing him to additional chance of injury. Also, he hasn't played WR in several years now, and he's never done so at this level.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sc85sis":1w6rc3fo said:
I understand the thinking behind it, but I don't feel it's worth the risk exposing him to additional chance of injury. Also, he hasn't played WR in several years now, and he's never done so at this level.

Agreed and if you believe ADB, Sherm sucked as a WR while at the Tree (that horrible Tree). For all the negative stuff we heard that took place between Sherm and Harbaugh, Sherman should be sending Harbaugh X-mas cards if not a collection of MAD magazine originals.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think it would take up way too much of his time in practice to learn a few plays (and practice time is limited as is) and it would likely take away from his focus on playing CB. And that's why Pete ended the Earl Thomas at punt returner experiment.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
drummerseahawkboy":2lphmj2n said:
Now this is why I don't post anymore on this site, when ppl make dumb threads like this smh.. 3 and 4 years ago this board wasn't like this

One word. Senecat.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1eb3acjz said:
drummerseahawkboy":1eb3acjz said:

One word. Senecat.

IMO, this place isn't at it's best right now, but 2008-2009 was when .net hit rock bottom. This place just about broke into a civil war over late career Matt Hasselbeck. Kind of amazing to think about now, and perhaps it's a peak into a very distant future.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Asking a DB to play WR is actually asking a lot. But no, I don't think this is a dumb thread at all. DBs are perhaps the most talented athletes on the field, so why not utilize them more frequently? Many will say every DB started out wanting to play WR, and did, until their coaches learned they couldn't catch a football.

I've personally never seen a more gifted DB than Prime. Bo Jackson aside, I don't know if I've ever seen a more gifted athlete than Prime. But even Sanders only had moderate success when lining up wide. I love Sherm, but Sherm isn't near the athlete Sanders was.

OTOH, Sherm could ultimately prove to be the more complete DB between the two. Sanders wouldn't stick his head in there like Sherm does and I gain more respect for Sherm by the week. The guy's an animal. That scene that ended the game last week with Sherm at the bottom of the pile? Sanders would have been seen running over to grab a Gatorade.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Why is everyone so worried about Sherman getting injured if he played WR? It's football. There's a lot of injuries in football. We should be worried about everyone, not just Sherman.

That said, he has experience as a WR, I would love to see him play, use him sparingly. He's a CB, not a WR, soI don't think we would see Sherman at WR anytime soon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because other corners and/or safeties wouldn't just salivate at the chance to drill this guy. No thanks.