Turbin is the Mini BEAST

seabowl

Reaction score
Have to admit Robert Turbin has played great this year and is making a case to remain long term on this team. Thoughts?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He still can't break tackles worth a damn. I like him better at fullback than Coleman, just think he needs more time to develop there.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Great this year....ehhh.

Great at FB the past two weeks? I would say it seems so.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I've always liked Turbin and think he fits in well with zone blocking. I think he has gotten and unfair shake because we are so spoiled with Lynch who breaks tackles like no back in the league.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawknation2014":di0ymyol said:
He still can't break tackles worth a damn. I like him better at fullback than Coleman, just think he needs more time to develop there.

He carried Kueeeeeeeeeeeeccchlly on his back for a first down.

No small task

kearly

Reaction score
Turbin is a nice player in many ways, but for a guy that was drafted in the 4th round precisely because of his big play ability, he hasn't done dick for explosive plays in the NFL.

Good game today though. He had a really tough catch on for a nice gain in the 4th quarter on a swing pass. Bailed Wilson out on a high throw. He was worth a consistent 3-4 yards per run too, which means his iffy YPC today helped the team more than it looked.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":1yrpjt1n said:
Turbin is a nice player in many ways, but for a guy that was drafted in the 4th round precisely because of his big play ability, he hasn't done dick for explosive plays in the NFL.

Good game today though. He had a really tough catch on for a nice gain in the 4th quarter on a swing pass. Bailed Wilson out on a high throw. He was worth a consistent 3-4 yards per run too, which means his iffy YPC today helped the team more than it looked.

To be fair he has shown big play ability. It is just all his big runs get called back on OLine penalties. It's science.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Well I might not be in the majority here .
He kinda goes down really easy . Not a good quality in a RB IMO

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kearly":2hfew3hb said:

Was he really drafted for "big play ability" The FO had to have know the plays at BYU and OHIO etc,,,,, wouldn't exactly mean another Marshawn. I don't know I could be wrong. I just think he runs exactly like he did in college and it has amounted to him being a decent player in the NFL.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Iirc, he averages about 5 ypc and it would be much higher if it were not for the likes of Okung, Breno, Carpenter and all the scrubs that keep showing up on the offenSive line.

I don't think any player in the league has been as victimized by his offensive line like Turbin has. But he never complains, just keeps doing his job, even if that job is going from running back to full back.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sloooooowly but surely .net.

With all respect, unsure why anyone would think he was drafted to make big plays for us. Is it because of his nickname? He was brought in to do exactly what he's been doing and that's why the hate for him from people that fail to understand the position or Turbin's role at the position.

Turbin is working out nicely for Pete. Pete wanted a guy that would give us 3 or 4 while resting Lynch and more importantly, a guy that will hold onto the rock. Unfortunately, the O-line seems to also rest while Lynch is out, so Turbin gets damn near zero blocking or some asshat holds, negating his runs that would probably have him ahead of ML in YPC.

Pete's big play guy was our first pick last year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I will never get over that wide open deep pass he dropped against the 49ers in his rookie year. I like the guy, but that play always comes to mind when I hear his name.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1cpk1pe4 said:
Sloooooowly but surely .net.

With all respect, unsure why anyone would think he was drafted to make big plays for us. Is it because of his nickname? He was brought in to do exactly what he's been doing and that's why the hate for him from people that fail to understand the position or Turbin's role at the position.

Turbin is working out nicely for Pete. Pete wanted a guy that would give us 3 or 4 while resting Lynch and more importantly, a guy that will hold onto the rock. Unfortunately, the O-line seems to also rest while Lynch is out, so Turbin gets damn near zero blocking or some asshat holds, negating his runs that would probably have him ahead of ML in YPC.

Pete's big play guy was our first pick last year.

So true. I mean, since when does a team look for a big play running back in the fourth round? That would be idiotic. "Yea he's a first round big play talent but we waited until the fourth round to pick him"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Turbin gives big effort on his receptions. I've noticed that. We should find ways to keep him involved in that aspect, despite the drop vs the 49ers that has fans scarred for life. ;)

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3s140vqh said:
Well I might not be in the majority here .
He kinda goes down really easy . Not a good quality in a RB IMO

I get what you are saying. He hasn't quite figured out how to put his head down as effectively as a power back should

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":wh6ktdwq said:
I will never get over that wide open deep pass he dropped against the 49ers in his rookie year. I like the guy, but that play always comes to mind when I hear his name.

Yep. You hate to blame a loss on a single player, but if you were ever going to do so, I think that drop would qualify Turbin.. But you can bet he's learned from that, too. So there's that. ; )