Graph of Seahawks.NET optimism

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
8c9489dd8d.jpg

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Kitsap, the graph is incorrect. You're implying the start of time of the sinusoid at the beginning of the function, which is by definition sin(x).

Given the 19-0 type of craziness being exhibited on this very site at the beginning of the season, the function should start +pi/2 offset from where it is so it is at the max at the beginning. This would be cos(x).

I personally have found the optimism function here to be discontinuous at the transitions and I think it looks more like a series of rectangular pulses.

CANHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":dsjbi7sa said:
Kitsap, the graph is incorrect. You're implying the start of time of the sinusoid at the beginning of the function, which is by definition sin(x).

Given the 19-0 type of craziness being exhibited on this very site at the beginning of the season, the function should start +pi/2 offset from where it is so it is at the max at the beginning. This would be cos(x).

I personally have found the optimism function here to be discontinuous at the transitions and I think it looks more like a series of rectangular pulses.

NERRRRRRRDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
To be fair this site has always been prone to knee-jerk reactions. Ever since the days of Steve Harper (aka Tokadub?) there's been a seriously manic-depressive vibe going on.

NINEster

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1p37nu13 said:
Sarlacc83":1p37nu13 said:
peachesenregalia":1p37nu13 said:
UK_Seahawk":1p37nu13 said:

cosined,

XOXO

Haystacks Calhoun

Off on a tangent.

XOXO

Euler

On an actual tangent, how do you guys pronounce that name over here? My maths teacher in Northern Ireland always pronounced it like 'Oiler', but I've heard people say 'YOU-ler', too. Just curious.

Like the old Houston football team.

themunn

Reaction score
It looks like you would pronounce it "you-ler" because pretty much every word beginning with "Eu" is pronounced that way (Europe, euphemism, eucalyptus, eugenics, eulogy, eunuch, eureka etc). There's even another mathematician Euclid that is pronounced "You-clid".

Euler is the only exception to it that I know of. But then again he was an exceptional guy.

Anyway, I don't think Seahawk fan optimism can be accurately depicted in a time-graph as we're simultaneously massively optimistic while the sky falls around us

A

Anonymous

But stoichiometric air:fuel ratio is 14.7:1. Under hard acceleration, you'll need to be around 12.4:1.

How do you propose to completely consume all of your fuel running that rich a mixture without increasing oxygen also? I'll need to see your graph of torque against brake specific fuel consumption to get the jetting right.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If you send that sine wave thru a differentiation network, it would be more representative. More like a heartbeat for those that dont understand electronics. Peak up and delay to Peak down. In other words....Middle right side. Peak and Peak.Op amp differentiator waveforms 01

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JesterHawk":36syscq1 said:
Sarlacc83":36syscq1 said:
peachesenregalia":36syscq1 said:
UK_Seahawk":36syscq1 said:

cosined,

XOXO

Haystacks Calhoun

Off on a tangent.

XOXO

Euler
In verse sine.

XOXO

William Shakespeare

You went around my point. As such it's an arctangent.

P.S. Your maths are merely a form of my logic.

XOXO

B. Russell and A.N. Whitehead.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1zbfq4q8 said:
JesterHawk":1zbfq4q8 said:
Sarlacc83":1zbfq4q8 said:
peachesenregalia":1zbfq4q8 said:
UK_Seahawk said:

cosined,

XOXO

Haystacks Calhoun

Off on a tangent.

XOXO

Euler
In verse sine.

XOXO

William Shakespeare

You went around my point. As such it's an actangent.

P.S. Your maths are merely a form of my logic.

XOXO

B. Russell and A.N. Whitehead.
*CHAIR SLAM*

XOXO

Hulk Hogan

</match>