Rumor: Hawks open to moving Lynch before deadline

jblaze

Reaction score
Rumor:

Three major media outlets are reporting/speculating this morning that the Hawks have put the word out that they're willing to trade Lynch before the deadline Tuesday. Then shortly afterwards there was another "leak" stating it would have to be a significant sum to get him but he's definitely on the block.

Sources are the NFL Network, Peter King and ESPN.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Odd. Did I not just hear a report that they're not willing to trade Lynch?

Honestly I'm tired of all the media speculation.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
If Lynch gets traded we don't have a shot at repeating this year. He's that important to the team.

I'd be shocked if he gets traded.

Polaris

Reaction score
I would be stunned if Lynch were traded this year. Frankly I think it's more media speculation and trying to justify to themselves how they were 'right' about the Seahawks being in a state of collapse. [That doesn't mean I necessarily think Lynch will be here next year].

All that said, other than Russell Wilson, I don't see anyone on this team that is utterly indispensable. If some other team is willing to be fleeced to get Lynch, I'd at least listen if I were John and Pete.

KPA

Reaction score
Im sure if a team was willing to surrender thier next 3 years of 1st round draft picks... then yes, Seattle is shopping Marshawn Lynch

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We need to listen to what kind of value we get and if we get good value, I think we've got to pull the trigger. Good value being a second and a depth player that we like from a team that wants to win *now*.

Unlikely, but if that does happen, I can't be angry about that.

WITH THAT SAID, it is absolutely preferable that we keep the beast.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Polaris":f0rxz531 said:
I would be stunned if Lynch were traded this year. Frankly I think it's more media speculation and trying to justify to themselves how they were 'right' about the Seahawks being in a state of collapse. [That doesn't mean I necessarily think Lynch will be here next year].

All that said, other than Russell Wilson, I don't see anyone on this team that is utterly indispensable. If some other team is willing to be fleeced to get Lynch, I'd at least listen if I were John and Pete.

I think we keep Lynch, but anytime a team is planning to move forward without a player after a season, it's not unlikely for that player to be trade bait. Lynch is valuable though, so we aren't trading him away for a late round pick, but they'll listen to offers, I just doubt anyone is going to give up what it would take to get him.

Cartire

Reaction score
Ive checked all your "sources". No one is reporting he on the trading block.

Can I get a link to your info?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
This sounds like the home owner who puts a for sale by owner sign on their house at way above market value. If someone's desperate or dumb enough to meet the price then you think about making a deal.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
It was on television and stated by Davis Hsu on twitter. Davis has always been a very credible source.

On ESPN it was on Mort Report this morning specifically.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Making Lynch available for a trade is all media hype. Pete and John both know that this teams gets its physical identity from guys like Lynch & Kam.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
I think this is probably in regards to the reports that were talked about prior to the game yesterday that said Lynch definitely wouldn't be in Seattle next year.

According to Mort and another person (Whose name escapes me at the moment) on the pre-game shows they were reporting that Seattle has grown tired of Lynch's attitude and have no plans at all to have him in Seattle next year.

If those reports are true, and obviously I have zero way of knowing if they are or not (I'll leave that to you fine folks who are dialed in far more to the Seattle side of things) then it would only make sense that they would put it out there that he's on the trading block to see if they can get anything for him, rather than getting nothing for him when they let him go this off season.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3ec8xw6m said:
If Lynch gets traded we don't have a shot at repeating this year. He's that important to the team.

AMEN.

Don't do it Seahawks, don't do it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Honestly, Lynch seemed checked out of the game yesterday.. and I love him.. but dude goes to the beat of his own drum.

A lot of players would be motivated by the fact they're likely headed to another contract season.. I don't think Marshawn cares all that much.. and his play would be noticeably affected by that.

Tough spot for the Seahawks to be in. And again, like Harvin, I really think this falls at the feet of our OC.. he's the guy that doesn't want to feed him the ball.

Polaris

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":1afc5c12 said:
I think this is probably in regards to the reports that were talked about prior to the game yesterday that said Lynch definitely wouldn't be in Seattle next year.

According to Mort and another person (Whose name escapes me at the moment) on the pre-game shows they were reporting that Seattle has grown tired of Lynch's attitude and have no plans at all to have him in Seattle next year.

If those reports are true, and obviously I have zero way of knowing if they are or not (I'll leave that to you fine folks who are dialed in far more to the Seattle side of things) then it would only make sense that they would put it out there that he's on the trading block to see if they can get anything for him, rather than getting nothing for him when they let him go this off season.

Actually Lynch IIRC has one more year on his contract, however, the way the 'hawks generally do things, is they generally don't like to play long term players on the last year of their contract (and will generally either cut/trade/remove the player or extend the player rather than let that player play on that last year). The bone of contention between Lynch and the 'hawks prior to training camp was that Lynch wanted to renegotiate an extension with two years left and ultimately the 'hawks said 'no' ( but added a couple of minor sweeteners).

So if the 'hawks were listening to offers, I wouldn't be at all surprised but as I already said, Lynch is important enough to this team that I don't see any way he's leaving the team this year unless another franchise quite literally offers a king's ransom with picks, players, or both.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I love what Lynch has done. I love him on the team. Only way we trade him is if we get OL/DL help and a 2nd rdr + pick.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
More stupid rumors.

I agree with earlier posters, though, in that it is probably unlikely Lynch plays for us next year, so if you can get something reasonable for him, of course you'd consider it. Imagine a 2nd round pick and a quality offensive or defensive lineman, plus dumping all that salary...

Hendo66

Reaction score
Where there's smoke. I don't like it but could see it. As it has pointed out numerous times on the board, they seem to be going away from the smash mouth run game as seen by the play calling / lack of volume for the beast for several weeks now.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Polaris":3ac6vf46 said:
BraveHeartFan":3ac6vf46 said:

Actually Lynch IIRC has one more year on his contract, however, the way the 'hawks generally do things, is they generally don't like to play long term players on the last year of their contract (and will generally either cut/trade/remove the player or extend the player rather than let that player play on that last year). The bone of contention between Lynch and the 'hawks prior to training camp was that Lynch wanted to renegotiate an extension with two years left and ultimately the 'hawks said 'no' ( but added a couple of minor sweeteners).

So if the 'hawks were listening to offers, I wouldn't be at all surprised but as I already said, Lynch is important enough to this team that I don't see any way he's leaving the team this year unless another franchise quite literally offers a king's ransom with picks, players, or both.

Lynch is under contract through the 2015 season. After this year he has an estimated 8.5 Million dollar cap number with 1.5 million in dead money for 2015. That's is a prime example of a team asking a player to restructure, then released if he doesn't agree

That's why this year was realistically his last before the season even began.

pehawk

Reaction score
If there are truth to these rumors Cleveland and, dare I say Buffalo, are who they're talking too. San Diego being an outside possibility.

Latest posts