Random Musings/ feel good post

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I don't post on here too often, but there's a couple of things that I've been seeing on offense post Harvin that I've really liked and thought deserved a thread.

1. The emergence of our receiving corps. Richardson and Norwood are as advertised. Lockette is having a break out year. Helfet has been a revelation as a pass catching tight end (when the ball actually gets to him). I'm seeing guys able to get a lot more separation than I've seen in a while. The quick passing game is alive and well. Once we show that we can get consistent protection (maybe when Unger comes back), I expect we're going to see them open up the downfield game more. I don't think I've seen Richardson targeted downfield once since the preseason.

2. 2 back sets (not using Turbin as a full back). This is something we hadn't seen a lot of before shipping Harvin out and losing Coleman (for however long). Almost exclusively used with Turbin and CMike. I've seen throws out of this set work as well as runs by Turbin picking up 4-5 ypc. When Turbin runs, they usually send CMike out on a wheel route away from the play. I expect to see that one hit in the next few games. CMike in the open field usually pays dividends, so I'm looking forward to that.

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I've seen glimpses of what we can be and expect us to make a run down the stretch. Thought it might be time for a feel good post.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
RW threw deep to Richardson in the Carolina game. He was covered well and didn't come up with the catch.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1nk315an said:
RW threw deep to Richardson in the Carolina game. He was covered well and didn't come up with the catch.

Yea, but the very next play Beast bust out for like a 25 yd run up the gut. Deep ball set that up perfectly.