Lynch: The writing was on the wall

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Remember how upset he was getting when they had red zone situations and weren't using him? Many .netters were crying for Bevell's head. We were debating whether he gave the sideline the finger, remember that? Then he was jawing with Carroll during the Super Bowl: "Can we score more points?"

People tried to make light of it. But it was an issue. It's been an issue for a while now. And you know what? Lynch might be right. Bevell does some stupid stuff. Did Bevell throw deep to Harvin? Nope. First game with the Jets they go deep to Harvin. Did Bevell give Lynch the ball 10 times in a game that wasn't out of reach, a game where we needed to stick to our philosophy and pound the ball? Yep. Did the coaching staff multiple times in goal line situations line up Wilson alone in the backfield and tell the whole world they were passing for THE THIRD STRAIGHT PLAY when everyone and their dog was screaming GIVE THE #$$%^ BALL TO LYNCH!!! Yep, that happened too.

The thought that he's turning 29 and shouldn't resign him anyways is a legitimate line of thinking. But whether that's the reason or not, the reality is that Lynch may very well have good reason to be pissed at a coaching staff that plays too conservatively, relies too much on the defense to win games and makes stupid decisions in critical moments of the game that keep the offense from really rolling along.

Maybe they should have listened to Lynch and just scored more points.

Whatever the case, there's been plenty of incidents that have been right there in our faces all along telling us that there was a rift between our star player and PC. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

endzorn

Reaction score
Jawing with Carroll during the Super Bowl? That comment actually made me bust out laughing and beat my face on a table simultaneously.

Largent80

Reaction score
So is is this a trade Lynch or Fire Bevell thread?

I say we stick with them and let the idiots mouth off, and the other idiots that listen to them...Frak off.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":13q4jffu said:
Jawing with Carroll during the Super Bowl? That comment actually made me bust out laughing and beat my face on a table simultaneously.

MV5BMTY4ODg5MTgzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDUwOTkwOQ@@._V1_SY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Carroll: Hey, 24, nice job. Isn't it nice having the lead?

Lynch: Can we extend it?

Carroll: What's that?

Lynch: Is it alright if we, uh, score more points?

Carroll: Oh yeah, we can score some more. Hell yeah, we better freakin' score some more. We're going to need some more.

Lynch: Can we? Can we?

Carroll: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can. We can and we will.

Lynch: Alright, I just wanted to make sure.

[youtube]Hif9TW6-JvM[/youtube]

Dude is dripping with sarcasm at Carroll.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wow... "Jawing".

It just shows how easy it is to make up stuff and spin things into what fits your narrative.

Their is a lot of negative space, and people are filling it with BS.

I wonder if you collaborated with Marvin49 on this post.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1wh6xvg2 said:
Wow... "Jawing".

It just shows how easy it is to make up stuff and spin things into what fits your narrative.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Like I said, Beast is just dripping with sarcasm in that video. Where do you think that whole "Can we score more points? Just checking?" Came from?

He's calling out Pete for being so conservative on offense. Well Pete wasn't so conservative in the Super Bowl, but this was early on, 15-0. Lynch had had issues with the offensive play calling throughout the season.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":23ifg1n9 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":23ifg1n9 said:
Wow... "Jawing".

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
He's right...that was "jawing"? Ludicrous

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3mkrrki5 said:
Carroll: Hey, 24, nice job. Isn't it nice having the lead?

Lynch: Can we extend it?

Carroll: What's that?

Lynch: Is it alright if we, uh, score more points?

Carroll: Oh yeah, we can score some more. Hell yeah, we better freakin' score some more. We're going to need some more.

Lynch: Can we? Can we?

Carroll: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can. We can and we will.

Lynch: Alright, I just wanted to make sure.

[youtube]Hif9TW6-JvM[/youtube]

Dude is dripping with sarcasm at Carroll.

Dripping with Sarcasm?

Really, you know this because obviously Lynch speaks so often, that we know his personality.

Except that whenever he does speak, he speaks like he's "dripping with sarcasm" ?

So, maybe it's Marshawn being Marshawn. And that is not sarcasm but his sense of humor.

:34853_doh:

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Ahhh, I see....the whole means of rejecting the entire point of the thread is to take issue with the term Jawing.

yeah, that's substance right there.

From the Urban Dictionary:

JAWING:
mouthin off, bein cheaky or gloating over a win.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1n1j1n6g said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1n1j1n6g said:
Wow... "Jawing".

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Like I said, Beast is just dripping with sarcasm in that video. Where do you think that whole "Can we score more points? Just checking?" Came from?

He's calling out Pete for being so conservative on offense. Well Pete wasn't so conservative in the Super Bowl, but this was early on, 15-0. Lynch had had issues with the offensive play calling throughout the season.

Or he's just joking around since the team is up and they're in the Super Bowl and all.

You know, whichever interpretation fits what you want to believe.

Lynch is a unique dude, and trying to interpret his thought process is likely a fool's errand, no matter what you think about the condition of the relationship between him and the coaching staff.

You sell your take on it and PH can sell his take on it, but please... let's retire that stupid "Denial isn't just a river in Egypt" cliche. It's stupid.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3e5qd3gd said:
Did Bevell throw deep to Harvin? Nope. First game with the Jets they go deep to Harvin.

Where did that get them? Harvin loses track of the ball in mid-air and the resulting INT costs Geno Smith his job. Yesterday, Harvin goes 3-for-9 on targets for meager yardage and still looks better coming out of the backfield. Besides his ability to run fast, what evidence has any of us seen (in college, Minnesota, or Seattle) that Harvin is a legitimate deep threat player?

kidhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":dzu3cfwg said:
Ahhh, I see....the whole means of rejecting the entire point of the thread is to take issue with the term Jawing.

JAWING:

When you use a phrase like that to support the evidence you are putting forth, then that word should be up for debate. If you change "jawing" with "speaking" it has a different connotation than the one which you are trying to get across.

As for "the writing on the wall"....let's look at this. Lynch held out to get more money, the front office agreed to move some money around to get him to come in and play ball. IF that was the "writing on the wall" as you are insinuating here, they wouldn't have made concessions to him. They could have been rid of him at that time just as they have with Harvin recently.

firebee

Reaction score
Largent80":3bun3s2f said:
So is is this a trade Lynch or Fire Bevell thread?

I say we stick with them and let the idiots mouth off, and the other idiots that listen to them...Frak off.

I would side with the fire Bevell at the end of the season thread if we were going to pick a direction for this thread. He's been pissing me off plenty with his cutesy playcalling. Pound the god damn ball and stick to the fundamentals. Half the reason our offensive line has been playing out of whack and catching multiple flags is because Bevell's been relying on cutesy plays that distract an offensive lineman with some new cutesy assignment they're supposed to pick up, instead of having a simple fundamental assignment that lets them focus on the game and sets a foundation for them to work off of. I'm sick of his cutesy play-action fake one way and go the other type plays that don't work when you haven't established a solid running game. You don't use the cutesy play-action fake plays as a foundation for your offense. Those type of plays are gimmick plays you drop in every 10 or 15 plays to catch a defense off guard and hit a homerun after your offense has established a solid foundation to work off of.

Cartire

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3aurr1n1 said:

JAWING:

Except your whole premise of the thread is based 50% on this one soundFX outtake. And its drawing huge conclusions that cant be confirmed from it.

iigakusei

Reaction score
You didn't seriously use the Jets as an example of the proper use of Harvin and therefore why Bevell sucks.

"Lynch may very well have good reason to be pissed at a coaching staff that plays too conservatively, relies too much on the defense to win games and makes stupid decisions in critical moments of the game that keep the offense from really rolling along"

You are right, the coaching strategy from Carroll has been an utter and complete failure.
ps - We actually won the Superbowl last year!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Is Lynch still on this team or what? The OP and the thread title makes it seem like he isn't. What happened?

volsunghawk":35m7ca97 said:
You sell your take on it and PH can sell his take on it, but please... let's retire that stupid "Denial isn't just a river in Egypt" cliche. It's stupid.

Yes.

kearly

Reaction score
I think there is too much reporting going on for this to be nothing, plus I trust Mort, who cited team sources.

I doubt we'll see Lynch traded this week. But I did find it interesting yesterday how Michael and Turbin got a lot of snaps while Lynch finished with just 14 carries. The Seahawks are taking inventory right now.

Lynch is maybe my all time favorite Hawk at this point. I hope things can be worked out. But if not, in PC/JS I trust.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3icykemz said:
SalishHawkFan":3icykemz said:
Did Bevell throw deep to Harvin? Nope. First game with the Jets they go deep to Harvin.

Where did that get them? Harvin loses track of the ball in mid-air and the resulting INT costs Geno Smith his job. Yesterday, Harvin goes 3-for-9 on targets for meager yardage and still looks better coming out of the backfield. Besides his ability to run fast, what evidence has any of us seen (in college, Minnesota, or Seattle) that Harvin is a legitimate deep threat player?
No one is trying to boost up Harvin here. But every NFL player with that speed is a legitimate deep threat. The point was, it was Bevell who wasn't using Harving to go deep. First thing the Jets did, succeed or fail isn't the point, was go deep,.

Bevell's excuse not to go deep? Harvin never indicated a desire to do so. Since when is it up to Harvin to volunteer what plays he's willing to do? It's Bevell's job to get the most out of his players and use them appropriately. Not wait for them to volunteer.

Lynch, meanwhile, is giving the finger to the sidelines earlier that season.

But no one here wants to see what's plainly in front of their faces.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
kearly":soj0tfhb said:
I think there is too much reporting going on for this to be nothing, plus I trust Mort, who cited team sources.

I doubt we'll see Lynch traded this week. But I did find it interesting yesterday how Michael and Turbin got a lot of snaps while Lynch finished with just 14 carries. The Seahawks are taking inventory right now.

Lynch is maybe my all time favorite Hawk at this point. I hope things can be worked out. But if not, in PC/JS I trust.

I'm going to go with "Seahawk Logic" here.

Percy Harvin suddenly traded, the result of a magnesium-induced super fire.

Marshawn Lynch sticking around longer than people think, because there's a lot of smoke.

Stupid, but probably just as good as any assumption at this point.