So, Marshawn is still here.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I don't care, I'm just looking forward to him beasting up and down the field. All about that action. The media can GTFO.

purpleworld

Reaction score
So glad for that....he embodies the toughness that this team needs to be. I'd like to see him retire a Seahawk!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He wasnt even remotely shopped. Please, the guy is primed to go the eff off down the stretch!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1vme6x0n said:
He wasnt even remotely shopped. Please, the guy is primed to go the eff off down the stretch!
You don't know that. He could have been shopped.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":6f34hft0 said:
BlueBlood":6f34hft0 said:
You don't know that. He could have been shopped.

And he may not have been. It really doesn't matter now does it?

kearly

Reaction score
Unless you are at a point where you are willing to cut a guy, trades typically don't happen quickly. Even the Harvin trade, where Seattle was desperate to unload him, took weeks to develop. If Seattle was going to deal Marshawn mid-season, they'd want a really good pick coming back and they wouldn't get that in under a week.

I don't think Seattle was trying to trade Marshawn anyway. He's still way too valuable to let go except as an absolute last resort, and that was before the injuries forced Turbin into a FB role.

This next offseason, we'll learn a lot more about whether the rumor was true or not. Trading him him right now would just be insane, unless the team offering overpaid in a pretty big way. Like say, the Saints giving us a 1st rounder plus Khiry Robinson or something like that. Not gonna happen.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Trading Marshawn would have been so not what P&J are about I don't think it was ever anything more than a stupid bleacher report type rumour.

You want to see locker room discontent, trade the lynchpin to your philosophical core identity as an offense that has always shown up in shape, done what is asked of him, given a franchise an identity of toughness and provided someone to target other than Russell because he's unique and yes, strange, that would be the recipe.

RW would never sign off on trading Marshawn.
he's black enough for both of them.

And yes, it was pun intended 8)

HawkWow

Reaction score
^ Sterling, with all respect to your post, you have absolutely no idea what is going on in the locker room or whether Lynch is adored by his teammates or not. Express your opinion, but do not express it as fact. Look how the team managed to keep all the Harvin stuff under wraps. What happens in the locker room is supposed to stay in the locker room. Turns out our guys follow that rule to a T. Love 'em for it.

OP, Not many felt Lynch would be moved today. If someone said that, I sure didn't see it and ask that you pull it up. That still wouldn't mean his days are not numbered, it doesn't mean the reporters lied about his availability and it doesn't mean the team wasn't fielding offers and it doesn't mean anyone with an eye on this thing was "stupid". If you really want your questioned answered, my answer would be You. Condescending threads are one thing, dumb condescending threads another.

Let's try to simplify this a bit:

There is no way the FO spent our first pick in last year's draft on an RB if they planned on Marshawn still being with the team 3 years later.

Again, Michael was not brought in to replace Turbin, he was brought in to be a feature back and to replace Lynch. Lynch is only with us this year because Michael sucked last year. If Michael was the next Lynch, as we were led to believe, and up to speed, why would they keep Lynch and pay him 10 times more than Michael? This is business yes, rocket science, no.

Only a handful of players on this team are untouchable, believe what you want, but Lynch is not one of those players and while I love the guy, if he's still with us next year, we should start looking for a new GM. Period.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
So glad the trade deadline has passed and we can move on.

I had no doubt that Lynch was going to remain with the team. (Not looking for kudos, it was just what I believed)

Now, had we lost to Carolina and we were sitting at 3-4, I might have considered that rumor to possibly be true.

-bsd

RiverDog

Reaction score
BlueBlood":23d7qkis said:

Don't know about that. Pete did not categorically deny that the Lynch trade wasn't completely out of the question. When asked about it, he said something to the effect that "I think you're pretty strong on that (that Lynch was staying)". These rumors generally don't just pop out of the thin air, there's usually some sort of a basis for them, albeit not always a strong one.

I do think that there's a little more to the rumor that the team and Lynch are not seeing eye to eye than what Pete is admitting to. They can't be too happy about Lynch dissing the Prez, too happy about his holdout, the supposed tantrum over the Harvin trade, and so on. Coleman going down and Turbin being forced to move to fullback may have kept Beast on the team for now, but I would be surprised if he's on the roster in 2015.

The good news is that IMO he looks like the same old Beast, running the ball with authority. So long as he continues to play hard, I can give him a pass on all the other stuff.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1ce15182 said:
Who looks stupid now? :roll:
Who looks stupid? No one, except people expecting others to look stupid.

Lynch was AVAILABLE for trade (as is just about anybody for the right price) and no trade happened.

I don't remember reading any articles saying Lynch was guaranteed to be traded.

I also don't remember any fans saying he is a lock to get traded.

So who is supposed to look stupid, and why?

NYCoug

Reaction score
HawkWow":3m2ef1lb said:
Only a handful of players on this team are untouchable, believe what you want, but Lynch is not one of those players and while I love the guy, if he's still with us next year, we should start looking for a new GM. Period.

Seriously? I'm stunned. Near speechless. Not only is this thread awful because everyone's acting like they didn't think Marshawn was going to be traded (while the evidence to the contrary is literally all over the front page of .Net), but what the hell?! What if Marshawn goes ape the remainder of the season and the 'Hawks take home another Lombardi? Schneider decides to keep Marsheezy because he's too damn valuable, worth every penny, still the best RB on the roster, and in the final season of his contract and looking for a 3Pete. You still think Schneider should get canned in that scenario? After winning two straight? You can't be serious.

I can't even anymore. What the hell happened to .Net over the course of a year? You guys remember that we're STILL the reigning Super Bowl champs and that the other teams in this league have to take that from us, correct? And that this season is far from over? Come on folks, you're better than this! I find it funny that the fans expect this team to be tough as nails, week in and week out, playing "Seahawks football" and all that jazz meanwhile that same fanbase, for the most part it seems, is mentally weaker than Jake 'The Snake' Roberts at an open bar.

RiverDog

Reaction score
NYCoug":1dp1w6ev said:
HawkWow":1dp1w6ev said:

Seriously? I'm stunned. Near speechless. Not only is this thread awful because everyone's acting like they didn't think Marshawn was going to be traded (while the evidence to the contrary is literally all over the front page of .Net), but what the hell?! What if Marshawn goes ape the remainder of the season and the 'Hawks take home another Lombardi? Schneider decides to keep Marsheezy because he's too damn valuable, worth every penny, still the best RB on the roster, and in the final season of his contract and looking for a 3Pete. You still think Schneider should get canned in that scenario? After winning two straight? You can't be serious.

I can't even anymore. What the hell happened to .Net over the course of a year? You guys remember that we're STILL the reigning Super Bowl champs and that the other teams in this league have to take that from us, correct? And that this season is far from over? Come on folks, you're better than this! I find it funny that the fans expect this team to be tough as nails, week in and week out, playing "Seahawks football" and all that jazz meanwhile that same fanbase, for the most part it seems, is mentally weaker than Jake 'The Snake' Roberts at an open bar.

You're right, the comment about finding another GM if Lynch is still with us is a bit over the top. But outside that remark, I find nothing outrageous in those comments. HawkWow is exactly right. Lynch is not untouchable, even if he goes on to win MVP and/or SBMVP this season. Even if all was roses between him and the FO, which IMO it is not, the smart move would be to start looking for his eventual replacement and not wrap our arms around him and extend his contract like we did with Shaun Alexander.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RiverDog":30nj4vs3 said:
NYCoug":30nj4vs3 said:
HawkWow":30nj4vs3 said:

the smart move would be to start looking for his eventual replacement.

We have drafted Turbin and Michael and neither have proven to be Lynch's replacement even though they tried.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Oh, of course, I probably wouldn't extend him either. However, I can definitely see a scenario where 'Shawn stays for his final season and goes out on top like few in the league ever have. With 3 straight rings. It seems that many are too eager to cut ties with one of the most reliable, consistent performers on the team for many years running now. All the speculation about what he's like in the locker room, his relationship with the coaches (hell, the dude can't even fly to his hometown of Oakland without people going nuts about it), is all just childish speculation and none of us know anything about what's going on behind the scenes. Why gossip and make assumptions about it. This is football! Mike Rob was the one on the soaps, not Beast.

I bet that if, ahem *when*, the 'Hawks repeat in a few months, this entire board will be yearning for Beast Mode to return for another year. At that point, I can't blame the dude if he just retired out of the blue. The way this dude gets abused and harrassed by the mainstream media, sports media, and phony media (TMZ, wait, they're all phonies, my bad!) and even Seahawks fans since the Super Bowl might not even be worth the $8 or whatever mil he's slated to earn next year.

To me, Marshawn has been ruined by the media, NFL fans, and the league in general. If you look back to when he came into the league, the dude was extroverted, hilarious, and not afraid to speak his mind. The Applebees bit when he was with the Bills, saying that Tom Brady likes to get hyphy, there's numerous examples of Marshawn being a fun-loving, outgoing dude before society forced him into his shell. Then, after some run-in's with the law, people started with the usual "build you up just to tear you down" type behavior and then started associating his speaking voice and other characteristics with him being a thug. I found it telling that Deion Sanders asked him at media day "are you kind of shy?" To which Marshawn replied, "No. I ain't seen no talking win me nothing." or something along those lines. Also, Marshawn used to handle interviews quite well back in the day, when he was allowed to be himself. Now, with everyone hunting for his blood when he's in front of a camera/microphone, he's been forced into an introverted shell.

There's a reason Mike Rob's kids consider Marshawn to be their favorite babysitter. The dude's a big kid at heart that just wants to be himself. Unfortunately, we're not at that point yet (if not yet, will we ever be?) in society where people can just be accepting of one another. Marshawn is a Seahawks version of Jimi Hendrix, in my mind. Supremely talented, unique, unorthodox, full of raw energy, and quite sadly, horrendously misunderstood by those around him who don't "get him" because they don't try to relate to his world. Thankfully, Cooper Helfet and his teammates do, (I'm sure, naturally, there are some that don't, but not all 53 dudes have to love each other to win Super Bowl's) I just hope that Pete and John do too.

grizbob

Reaction score
Apparently insanity is contagious, and all you have to do to catch it is post on .net :shock: :oops: :180670:

NYCoug

Reaction score
grizbob":3j7owdqg said:
Apparently insanity is contagious, and all you have to do to catch it is post on .net :shock: :oops: :180670:

'Tis true, my friend. Except, I've always been insane long before posting on .Net :lol:

I've lurked in the shadows since the Super Bowl, trying to enjoy it, not trying to get caught up in the insanity, but seeing all these Marsheezy threads and all the things being said inside them, I couldn't bite my tongue any longer. Don't know what it is that inspired me to post again, but I can see why Marshawn prefers lurking in the shadows now. I ain't never seen no talkin (or typing in this case) win me nothin'.

Hopefully with the trade deadline in the rearview mirror, the team can get back to their winning ways and .Net can go back to the harmonious place it's always be... sorry, I couldn't finish that sentence without the thought of Steve Harper and one of his legendary rants popping into my head. This place has always been nuts and I've loved it for it, I just figured people would be way more chill after finally winning the big one.