The Seahawks can compete for a Superbowl.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
1. We need Zach Miller, Unger, Maxwell, Lane and Wagner to come back and stay healthy.
2. Bruce Irvin needs to keep getting opportunities at DE on passing downs.
3. We have to continue to establish a run game and force our will despite holding penalties and false starts.
4. Guys now have "something to prove" attitude that will motivate them from here on out.
5. Hawks need to win out at home.

If the Hawks end up making the playoffs then the most likely reality will be that they are playing some of the best ball in the league down the stretch ala 2012. If the Hawks end up having to go on the road, we know they are battle tested and can compete with any team in the league.

Some may feel that the best we can hope for this season is to play hard and compete. Mayeb some of you feel like there are obvious teams that are better than the Seahawks in the league and in the NFC in particular. But honestly, nobody can really back that up with any sort of proof. At least not right now.

The Hawks have played as hard of a schedule as anyone. They are still a top 10 defense despite going against some of the best offenses in the entire NFL. They beaten Rodgers and Manning when they werent playing their best ball.

Moving forward I sincerely expect the attitude and optimism in here, and in the media to be at a fever pitch by seasons end and near the top of every stupid power ranking around.

:thirishdrinkers:

morgulon1

Reaction score
I like this post. It's all true, mainly getting injured players back and getting ready for
A playoff run . I believe they'll do it. This isnt the same team as last year and teams
Have had an entire offseason to figure out how to play us , no big deal.

I'm excited .

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'll simplify this even more:

Hawks can compete for the Superbowl if:

We sweep AZ and SF, and beat both KC and Philly on the road. That gives us a quality 10 wins, and it almost doesn't matter who we lose to other than that. Even then, KC doesn't matter too much, but it would be considered a quality win, a momentum builder, and a confidence builder for the team.

You could swap KC for the Giants or STL and we'd have an even better conference record with the same amount of wins. Sweep the division (AZ x 2, SF x 2, STL x 1) and beat Philly and the Giants and we're virtually guaranteed a playoff birth by virtue of conference record and hanging losses on everyone else ahead of us.