Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Raiders @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As always, I am very happy to be wrong when I pick against the Seahawks as I did last week. That game could have easily swung in Carolina's favor if Cam had Russell's brain and leadership ability on his shoulders to go along with his freak athleticism. Once again, for the third year straight, we beat the Panthers in their house in a defensive battle that came down to the wire.

Quick aside, why do we always seem to play at certain opponent's place nearly every time we play them? Chicago and Carolina come to mind.

This Sunday, I believe strongly we get back on track. Not because I am underestimating the Raiders. Carr is a scary new QB that could cause us fits if we are not playing disciplined defense. They will play us tough so if we're not ready for that we will get beat. Then again that goes for any game.

Sunday looks to me like just what the Seahawks need to get on a winning streak and rediscover that swag and confidence that was in such large supply last year but been missing for the most part this year.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 35 - Raiders 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 3-4

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
First!

Last few weeks I've been way off, so this should be about right with the worst team in the NFL coming to town.

Not there until you show me Seahawks.

Seahawks: 31
Raiders: 17

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE UPDATED STANDINGS OF SEAHAWKS PICK THE SCORE! (LINK IN MY SIG!)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Have a sinking feeling about this game..

I think the real Seahawks finally show up.

EDIT: Due to injury report

Seahawks 27
Raiders 10

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I have a feeling about this game too, and the real seahawks showing up - but I think today's passing rules make shutouts really really hard. Oakland's offense is 31st in the league and their rushing game is dead last. Their passing game is slightly more respectable but also 31st in the league in yards per attempt. Their defense has been better, but they haven't really gone up against any offensive powerhouses either.

The Seahawks (and we fans) could really use a butt-kicking to celebrate rather than another stressful game.

Seattle 34
Oakland 10

5-2 on the season

Chawks1

Reaction score
41-0. Derek Carr finds out the difference between preseason and regular season. We control game in all 3 phases from start to finish. Media starts chirping "Seahawks are back".

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Chawks1":9ujxuvz3 said:
41-0. Derek Carr finds out the difference between preseason and regular season. We control game in all 3 phases from start to finish. Media starts chirping "Seahawks are back".

if that happens the media will be way too busy talking about mid-season coaching changes and how much mark davis should overpay john gruden to come back to worry about the seahawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Derek Carr is the type of QB that can give the Seahawks fits. Young guy with a lot of talent that the rest of the league can beat...but somehow he puts it all together against the Seahawks and we are all left banging our heads against a table. We've seen it far too many times before. With our injuries on Defense and the struggles we've had so far, I could easily see this game becoming a lot closer than many of us are comfortable with.

However, we're at home and this team is desperate to silence the doubters. Come on, Seahawks. Show up and beat this crappy team.

Seahawks 31
Raiders 17

My Record to Date: 4-3

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks will win, predicting a blowout is foolish IMO.

Until this team plays as one, we will keep scrapping out wins if we can get them.

Seafan

Reaction score
The major problem has been injuries and that hasn't been resolved. Luckily the team has a couple marshmallows on the schedule.

I expect a win even without Unger, Miller, Maxwell and Wagner. A healthy, contending team like 2013 had their troubles at home with the worst team in the league (Tampa).

So a 3 point win in OT will be good enough.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawks 31
Raiders 20

Flukey things happen in these games still.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Their D is good enough to cause our O some difficulties. Carr is good enough to cause or D some difficulties. Fortunately, he has little else around him. It won't be a blowout IMO.

Hawks 27
Raiders 17

To date: 4-3