Walter Jones to be inducted into the Ring of Honor on Sunday

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is what we call a no-brainer and was destined to happen. I do wish they'd have done it during a playoff game or maybe any game other than against the winless Raiders

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I hope it's a nice induction. Not one that's crammed in between halftime entertainment.

Anyway. Congrats Big Walt. :th2thumbs:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Why didn't they do it when they retired his number? That is the bigger honor, so this an even bigger "duh" moment than usual.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Congrats to our HOF Big Walt!Maybe he can come back for the rest of the season..Not kidding

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Congrats Big Walt!

Although I thought this was part of the deal when they retired his number, shows what I know.

kidhawk

Reaction score
After announcing it on Social media and through their app, they finally have an article on their main site about this

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-Announce-Walter-Jones-will-Join-Ring-of-Honor-on-Sunday/97106aeb-06d0-4aa2-b250-31ba9d22afca[/urltargetblank]

Jones will become the 11th member of the distinguished group, joining Steve Largent, Jim Zorn, Dave Brown, Pete Gross, Curt Warner, Jacob Green, Kenny Easley, Dave Krieg, Chuck Knox and Cortez Kennedy

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Surprising it took this long for him to be in the ROH. He should have been added to ROH the day he retired.

Barthawk

Reaction score
I am elated for Big Walt, but extremely pissed at the Seahawks for not letting fans know well ahead of time. These are the exact type of events that I would plan around making another trip to Seattle for. Too late now on a Thursday afternoon to find a reasonably priced flight from Texas.

Congrats to Big Walt!

HawkWow

Reaction score
IndyHawk":usa8i70t said:
Congrats to our HOF Big Walt!Maybe he can come back for the rest of the season..Not kidding

Absolutely.

How the hell does he end up in Canton before the ROH?

I ask in seriousness because I assume I just don't know the rules of the ROH.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
So nice for big Walt.
The thing that I love is that we have a few guys on our team now who will probably make the ring. Wilson, Sherman, ET, Chancellor, and possibly a couple others.

That is extremely rare.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkWow":94zad1y7 said:
IndyHawk":94zad1y7 said:

Absolutely.

How the hell does he end up in Canton before the ROH?

I ask in seriousness because I assume I just don't know the rules of the ROH.

Takes a while to push a Escalade from his house to Seattle.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Walt played consistently at not just a high, but a DOMINANT level for longer than any player in team history...it's not even close. Well deserved!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Stupid question: Why was Walt elected and inducted to the Pro Football HOF before we inducted him into our ROH? I get the feeling that we're a day late and a dollar short. He should have been in the ROH last year, before his trip to Canton. I assume that our standards for induction, including the amount of time they have to be out of the game, are a little lower than that of the HOF.