Who would you take ??

morgulon1

Reaction score
OK, I have a hypothetical questions for my brothers and sisters here.

At this point in the 2014 season, out of all the players we've lost to free agency, cap etc.. if you could get ONE player back ( offense or defense) who would it be? Chris Clemmons? Red Bryant? Giacomini to shore up our penalty average?

I would like to have Mr Golden Tate back along with his kick returns and YAC. I feel that he is missed.

PS would anyone dare say Percy?

suppaball

Reaction score
Steve Largent, Walter Jones, Joe Nash, Rufus Porter, Cortez Kenedy, John L. Pick one any one.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
suppaball":1688druk said:
Steve Largent, Walter Jones, Joe Nash, Rufus Porter, Cortez Kenedy, John L. Pick one any one.

Hahaha leave it to Suppaball . I was talking about last years team BUT its true I didn't specify.

suppaball

Reaction score
morgulon1":3ag1mlp8 said:
suppaball":3ag1mlp8 said:

Hahaha leave it to Suppaball . I was talking about last years team BUT its true I didn't specify.
Your welcome! But from last years team I would say Golden Taint.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I would say Clemons. I think we miss that ability.

Golden tate would be great to have back but he would only get us about 850 yards imho. I said it before the season, golden is much more valuable to them then us. WR will not get those numbers here, even with a healthy Calvin Johnson on our team.
You don't come to Seattle for stats.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I couldn't argue about having Clemons as long as he hasn't lost his step. The reason I like Tate isn't for the stats but
for 3rd down possession wr and kick returns . He adds an elusive element with the ball in his hands.

Just think, we could've skipped Harvin and kept them both.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sprfunk":3q9se13v said:

Golden tate would be great to have back but he would only get us about 850 yards imho. I said it before the season, golden is much more valuable to them then us. WR will not get those numbers here, even with a healthy Calvin Johnson on our team.

I'll say Clemons, too. Tate would have made the most sense to keep, based on his age and the fact that he can contribute on both offense and special teams, but if you're going to base your judgment on our immediate, short term needs, it has to be someone that could put pressure on the quarterback. Our lack of pass rush has been the biggest difference in our W/L record, and is a big reason why we aren't getting turnovers like we're used to.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
RiverDog":zlzp5ehl said:
Sprfunk":zlzp5ehl said:

I'll say Clemons, too. Tate would have made the most sense to keep, based on his age and the fact that he can contribute on both offense and special teams, but if you're going to base your judgment on our immediate, short term needs, it has to be someone that could put pressure on the quarterback. Our lack of pass rush has been the biggest difference in our W/L record, and is a big reason why we aren't getting turnovers like we're used to.

ok I'm convinced. Between taint and Clemons. I also like the idea of Big Red holding down one end of the line.Probably a bigger difference than we know.

RiverDog

Reaction score
morgulon1":3nujsz2n said:
ok I'm convinced. Between taint and Clemons. I also like the idea of Big Red holding down one end of the line.Probably a bigger difference than we know.

Yea, but Red was almost useless on passing downs. Somehow I get the idea that Dallas would not have converted on 3rd and 20 on their last drive had we one more decent pass rusher like Clemons going after the QB.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
yeah, I think I heard or read that last year it wasn't that we led the league in sacks, it was that we led the league in qb
hurries. You don't have to have a sack when you can make a qb throw a pass a second early, off his back foot, a decision he wouldn't normally make. Of course we know that's how turnovers happen.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I'm a Clemon's fan boy so for me to say him is slightly biased, but I honestly think we are missing the extra pressure he provided.

No one said Browner huh?

A

Anonymous

Evil_Shenanigans":ss8c5y1w said:
I'm a Clemon's fan boy so for me to say him is slightly biased, but I honestly think we are missing the extra pressure he provided.

No one said Browner huh?

Ole' "Knock-Knees"?

Just looking at Browner's legs, all I can think about is the sound he must make walking to the head in the middle of the night. Probably sounds like step, knock, step, knock, step, knock. Sounds like two people tip-toeing together. He must have callouses 1/2 thick covering each inner knee.

Doesn't physique matter to you guys at all? He is a medial collateral ligament explosion waiting to happen. He does NOT have a healthy football physique, let alone his penchant for DPI and holding penalties.

A healthy Sidney Rice please.