Pete Carroll Show (10/31): "We're going to go in banged up"

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Friday morning interview on KIRO 710.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2634837/Carr ... iders-game
Those are just a few of the injuries the Seahawks are dealing with heading into Sunday's game against Oakland. Cornerback Byron Maxwell missed the last two games with a calf strain and hasn't practiced this week. A few more players showed up on the injury report Thursday, including cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Tharold Simon, center Stephen Schilling and defensive lineman Michael Bennett. Their statuses will become more clear when Carroll speaks with the media after Friday's practice. Carroll noted how Seattle has had to rely on younger players to step up with all the injuries the team has been dealing with, which will continue to be the case against Oakland. "We're going to go in banged up. That's part of this time of year. Hopefully the young guys that step up will do some really good things," he said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Simon, Sherman and Schilling is extremely troubling.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1nkwdd0p said:
Simon, Sherman and Schilling is extremely troubling.

Unger has been practicing (albeit in a limited fashion) this week, so Schilling may not even get on the field this week.

Like I said, following the practice reports this week, there are a lot of possible options for what can happen this weekend as far as injuries are concerned. I'm watching and waiting for those status updates later today and Pete's Presser. Between those two things, we should have a good idea who's in and who is out.

Players I'm most waiting to hear about:

Tukuafu - Will he be able to learn enough of the playbook in just a few days to get on the field this weekend?

Unger - Will he make it through this week healthy enough to play this weekend

Walters - With his being back from concussion, will he take over punt return duties from Sherman/Baldwin and will PRich continue to get a chance to return kicks?

There is more information to be had, but these top my list of concerns I have going into the weekend which I hope to see answers to today.

drdiags

Reaction score
Unfortunate part of the game. The breaking of feet in practice makes you wonder if the trade-off of scaling back practices has any value. Carp and several other players have had injuries during game week practice that put them out for the year, like torn pecs and other injuries that you wonder if they could have been avoided.

The counter argument is that this type of intensity is what made the team a champion last year.

Continues to amaze me that the Buffalo Bills made it to 4 straight Superbowls with more contact practices allowed back in the day.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Some of you bros need a Kleenex?

The next two games is the perfect opportunity to get your depth players some experience.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Is Simon a new add? I heard him get interviewed on Monday and he said he was totally fine and good to go

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":273r6nra said:
Is Simon a new add? I heard him get interviewed on Monday and he said he was totally fine and good to go

He was added to the list Thursday and was Full go on Wednesday. This means it's either just a day of rest or something happened in practice. I generally assume it's just a rest day most of the time, but with our recent history of injuries in practice, I'm less confident than I used to be.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
This is what happens when you are constantly in the playoffs and more exactly reach and win a Superbowl. The next year is likely to have far more injuries then normal for several factors. All of which I made worse by the new CBA and it's limited offseason programs in my opinion. Player's aren't coming into the season in football shape because to get there you need contact.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I need to start staying out of Aros' prediction thread until after the Friday injury report.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the intrigue of shuffling lineups. It opens up opportunities for understudies and projects. It gives us, the fans, an opportunity to see team depth. It revels coaching strengths and performance. I really like this time of the season as a test and view into the make up of the team.

Go Hawks!

Rainger

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":18ikp9ho said:
HawkFan72":18ikp9ho said:
This is getting really old.

We're lucky to be playing the Raiders.
I don't know a team with nothing to conserve for? Their 2nd stringers beat up on our 3rd and 4th in pre season. we are getting down to our 3rd and 4th at many positions. We win but it will not be the cake walk everyone is thinking. Going to be a hard slog given we are not fielding a first string on either side of the ball.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":ktqki1e7 said:
HawkFan72":ktqki1e7 said:

Yeah because Carr lit up our 1s in preseason, so we'll totally shut him down with our MASH unit. :sarcasm_off:

If this report is as bad as it sounds, it will be a long day Sunday.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":umxhu4gl said:
Recon_Hawk":umxhu4gl said:
HawkFan72":umxhu4gl said:

Yeah because Carr lit up our 1s in preseason, so we'll totally shut him down with our MASH unit. :sarcasm_off:

Yeah because there's 30 other teams that'd be better to play right now than the 0-7 raiders, right?

idahohawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1v8anp09 said:
idahohawk":1v8anp09 said:
Recon_Hawk":1v8anp09 said:
HawkFan72":1v8anp09 said:

Yeah because there's 30 other teams that'd be better to play right now than the 0-7 raiders, right?

The way the Hawks are playing right now (O and D... and ST for that matter) all 31 scare me. I'm hoping the CLink gets some mojo back Sunday.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
The defense held the panthers in Carolina to 9 points and besides a couple of bad turnovers they moved the ball well on offense. I don't underestimate opposing teams usually but I feel confident Seattle will dominate this game.

DrDix

Reaction score
Better to have all of injuries out of the way early on this season, we wouldn't want them late with the schedule we have.