Rookie Predictions for the 2009 Draft

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
  • I will just keep to what I know, Curry may be the next incarnation of LT if he is what he seems (maybe better because he really seems to have his head on right and to value the right things, see who he brought to draft day?). If he is as right as it looks this maybe the Franchise changer we have needed FOR years. If he is not LT at least he will be an above average OLB.
    kchawkgrrl
    * NET Hottie *

• RD PK (OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL

1 4 (4) A. Curry OLB W Forest

Defensive Rookie of the Year. 80-100 Tackles, 8 Passes Defended, 2 INTs, 3 Fumble Recoveries.

2 17 (49) M. Unger C Oregon

Prob Developmental Year. Could start into the season at Guard or Center if we have injuries, will get lots of play in a supplemental role.

3 27 (91) D. Butler WR Penn State

Developmental Year. Could see the field if we have a situation like last year, but unlikely. I can see him doing well in Preseason though, and setting himself up to be a legitimate threat next year. Could return punts with his speed and body control.

6 5 (178) M. Teel QB Rutgers

Gonna spend some quality time with a clipboard, or perhaps on the Practice Squad.

7 36 (245) C. Greene S Rutgers

Crowded at Safety, I think he'll play Practice Squad this year, despite the asset he could be to special teams.

7 38 (247) N. Reed DE Oregon

Practice Squad. Needs to add about 20-30lbs to have a chance to play any more than special teams next year

7 39 (248) C. Morrah TE California

Makes the Team, Only for Special Teams and occasional use in 2 TE sets in passing situations. 4 REC for the year, probably 20 YDS
    horns_n_hawks
    NET Rookie

-DROY for sure. He will lead the team in tackles because he will be tested early and often. Look for 4 or more ints.

-Slowly rotated into a guard position. Mid season will be a starter. By the start of next year he will be the new center.

-Will see playing time from the beginning. Won't have a huge impact, but will play his role. Three or four spectacular plays will mark his season. Mostly used to keep defenses on their toes.

-Might help out with the water, but no way will he be allowed to touch the gatorade.

-PS

-PS

-He will be on the fringe, might see some time on the team and some time on the PS.
    MaxPower
    NET Rookie

• 1. Curry - His rookie year will be the most productive defensively that we've seen in Seattle. He'll be given every opportunity to contribute.

2. Unger - I think he's being inserted at LG right away because it's the weakest link on a weak line and Solari believes he can win the job. He'll start from day one.

3. Butler - 20-30 catches. He'll be invisible early and become a legit contributor the last half of the year.

6. Teel - Will shine Hass' shoes

7. Greene - I can't predict this one. He looked like a difference maker his junior year and a project the next. He has the physical tools, but I don't think he'll make it beyond special teams this season (if he gets beyond the PS).

7. Reed - We hear how everyone is salivating over his pass rush ability so I have to believe he'll find a place somewhere on the team (PS most likely). He'll be groomed this year.

7. Morrah - Makes the roster as 3rd TE. Plays special teams and not much else.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Re: Rookie Predictions for the Archives!!
Sun May 10, 2009 10:25 pm
    1 4 (4) A. Curry OLB W Forest - This is the easy one....Defensive rookie of the year. No Pro-bowl. Will be everything advertised, and then some...

2 17 (49) M. Unger C Oregon - Will spend all season on the bench, learning the LG position, and possibly being groomed for C. Since the team seems focused more on conditioning this season, my prediction is that injuries will be significantly reduced. Just like '05, the line that starts the season will finish the season (I know, whishful thinking)

3 27 (91) D. Butler WR Penn State - Enters the season as the #4 WR. Will be heavily involved in special teams - kick-off/punt-return - but will be very limited in the number of catches. 15-20?

6 5 (178) M. Teel QB Rutgers - 3rd QB and innactive

7 36 (245) C. Greene S Rutgers - May make the active roster, but more likely PS material.

7 38 (247) N. Reed DE Oregon - I guess I understand the love for this guy since the draft based on his relentless effort. But he is SEVERLY undersized....you realize that he is smaller than Curry? Unless he has the ability to play OLB (very doubtful), my guess is that he is not on the active roster, nor on the PS. I think Bennett will be on the PS in place of Reed.

7 39 (248) C. Morrah TE California - Will make the roster as 3rd TE, but innactive most games.

UDFA Rookies - None will make the active roster, and only Bennet and Moore make the practice squad. The other PS spaces are taken up by a couple of current PS eligible players, and by the random players signed after from other teams after final camp cuts. We always end up with 3 or 4 guys on the practice squad from other teams it seems...
    Spleenhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Defensive Rookie of the Year. 90 tackles, 2 INT, 3 Sacks.

Backup the whole year, but sees some playing time in the final few games of the season while we gear up for the playoffs. :th2thumbs:

#4 WR, less than 25 catches the whole year. Primary punt returner. 1 PR TD.

#3 QB. Inactive every game.

PS. Could be a sleeper backup, but I think he's a year away.

PS. Needs to bulk up.

#3 TE, used some in Redzone, 10 catches 2 TDs.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• A. Curry is a beast! (Rookie of the Year)
    HawkRibeye
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• RIBEYE!!! Glad to see you here!!!
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• [quote="HawkRibeye"]A. Curry is a beast! (Rookie of the Year)[/quote]

Yesterday I BBQ'ed a Ribeye, and immediately thought of you
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Well, reality was quite depressing.

Curry: Barely factored.

Unger: Struggles at LG, moved to center with three games left, barely factored.

Butler: Barely factored.

Teel: Did NOT factor, though many wished he would be given the chance.

Greene: Barely factored.

Reed: Solid special teamer, barely factored otherwise.

Morrah: Who?
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I was pretty bad in my predictions.

Way off on Curry.

I didn't think Unger would start a game.

I was right on Butler's Offensive production, but thought he would be PR.

Teel: I was right on!

Greene: Thought he would make the PS.

Reed: Thought he would be on PS, turned out better than I thought.

Morrah: Thought he would contribute. He looked horrible and did nothing.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• JSeahawks wrote:I also predict that undrafted free agent Devin Moore will take Justin Forsett's roster spot. And Forsett will be cut or back to the practice squad.

Sorry J. Couldn't resist. lol.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• SeaTown81 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I also predict that undrafted free agent Devin Moore will take Justin Forsett's roster spot. And Forsett will be cut or back to the practice squad.

Sorry J. Couldn't resist. lol.

That was awesome. :thirishdrinkers:
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information