Objective look at Hasselbeck

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 pm
  • i understand that hass is nearing the end of his career, however with a young team still developing it will take a couple of games. everyone thinks that 9-7 will win the division... ok we're 1-1. still too early to make any judgement except that matt won't have another game like that. CBJ will get his turn and they will probably draft a QB in the first three rounds next year. i'm still in!!
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 504
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:21 pm
  • zhawk wrote:i understand that hass is nearing the end of his career, however with a young team still developing it will take a couple of games. everyone thinks that 9-7 will win the division... ok we're 1-1. still too early to make any judgement except that matt won't have another game like that. CBJ will get his turn and they will probably draft a QB in the first three rounds next year. i'm still in!!



    This would make sense if Matt Hasselbeck does not play like a junior high QB that was picked out of the crowd to play. Matt needs to make up for the mistakes of the young team, not make matter worse, today he made matters worse.

    Even with the terrible defense if Matt does not make 3 boneheaded passes (the 2 first half picks and the 4th down throw through the endzone) that no 'Pro Bowl' QB should ever make (at least not 3 times in a game) they could have had a shot in a shoot out type of game.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:35 pm
  • i don't disagree that he had a horrible day.... i also don't expect him to have another game like that. it felt like he was trying to make up for his mistakes and just made it worse
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 504
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 pm
  • zhawk wrote:i don't disagree that he had a horrible day.... i also don't expect him to have another game like that. it felt like he was trying to make up for his mistakes and just made it worse


    THAT is THE problem with Matt Hasselbeck
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 2961
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:46 pm
  • To me, the first 2 int were potential TD if had a little more power to them. The first int was a little under thrown, therefore champ got it. the 2nd he under Carlson who was open if had a little more zip to it.
    and the 3rd was just a bad throw which got eaten up by a rookie cb. sadface
    User avatar
    hai
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 474
    Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 pm
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:46 pm
  • zhawk wrote:i don't disagree that he had a horrible day.... i also don't expect him to have another game like that.


    Why? He's had 13 interceptions in his past five games. It's beginning to turn into a trend.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2843
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:55 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    What are we going to do? Put Charlie in? Come on. Hass took this team to its first NFC championship and Superbowl. He may be a little older, but he's still a good QB.



    Its not 2005, just because people keep repeating "Matt is still a good QB" does not make it true.

    More and more (and not just this one season) the good games are being far out weighed by the bad games, today he made 1 physical mistake (2nd INT, he just can't make that throw, not sure he ever could), 1 mental mistake (1st INT, a 7th grader knows not to throw that pass) and 1 that was both (the 4th down throw through the end zone).

    Simple put, many of us are not in agreement with the "Matt is still a good QB" stance. He used to be, just not sure he still is.


    Well you don't like to look at the situation he's put in, you would rather blame it all on the QB.

    He has a crap O-line protecting him, questionable receivers, a lack of a "go-to" man and an unproven offensive coordinator (until Bates). What do you expect? A quarterback is limited to the team around him and in the last couple seasons, the team around him has been a complete joke.

    Look at all the successful QB's in the league. Brees, Manning, etc. What do they have in common? They're behind a solid O-line and at least one go to receiver. What's Hasselbeck got? Deon Branch and a former 1st round bust.

    Where was our #1 receiver today anyway? Oh that's right, he was SHUT DOWN!
    Last edited by Zowert on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:57 pm
  • If you want to look objectively at hasselbeck, you have to do the same with Whitehurst and from what I've seen he's not the answer today, tomorrow, next year or ever. We wasted a pick on him and we'll still be looking for our qb of the future next year and the year after until someone figures this out. Hasselbeck is our only option at winning now.
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 13244
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:58 pm
  • Just like when Shaun Alexander was done, there is no way to have an 'objective' discussion about Hasselbeck. The uber supporters will make excuses all day long, and anyone that doesn't make excuses for him will be labelled a hater.
    User avatar
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *
     
    Posts: 3756
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, WA


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:58 pm
  • Yeah, he had nothing to do with it. Everyone else's fault.

    Today, Matt was the reason the offense did not score 20+ points, no one else and this is not the first time he has been a disaster.

    If you want to let him off the hook that is your choice but Matt is not playing at anywhere near the level he did in 2005 and IMO he is no longer capable of playing anywhere near that level on a regular basis regardless of the team around him.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm
  • warner28 wrote:Yeah, he had nothing to do with it. Everyone else's fault.

    Today, Matt was the reason the offense did not score 20+ points, no one else and this is not the first time he has been a disaster.

    If you want to let him off the hook that is your choice but Matt is not playing at anywhere near the level he did in 2005 and IMO he is no longer capable of playing anywhere near that level on a regular basis regardless of the team around him.


    I wasn't talking about today, I was talking about the last couple years. Everyone has a bad game. Even the greatest of all time. So chill...

    Prove my argument wrong.

    He is a pocket QB, but has two rushing TDs in the last game. Why is this? Because no one is open. He makes things happen. He just makes mistakes, like anyone else.
    Last edited by Zowert on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    Well you don't like to look at the situation he's put in, you would rather blame it all on the QB.

    He has a crap O-line protecting him, questionable receivers, a lack of a "go-to" man and an unproven offensive coordinator. What do you expect? A quarterback is limited to the team around him and in the lat couple seasons, the team around him has been a complete joke.


    That's true to a point, but Hasselbeck's performance this game and last years Greenbay and Bucs games were nobodies fault but himself. And I'm sure Hass, being a classy guy, would say the same thing.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2843
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:04 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    Well you don't like to look at the situation he's put in, you would rather blame it all on the QB.

    He has a crap O-line protecting him, questionable receivers, a lack of a "go-to" man and an unproven offensive coordinator. What do you expect? A quarterback is limited to the team around him and in the lat couple seasons, the team around him has been a complete joke.


    That's true to a point, but Hasselbeck's performance this game and last years Greenbay and Bucs games were nobodies fault but himself. And I'm sure Hass, being a classy guy, would say the same thing.


    So where were you last week to point this out? You were silent. Why? Cause Hass played like Hass. He just had a bad game today. Everyone has those from time to time. He's done the best he can with the cards he's been delt. He's not exactly a QB for the New England Patriots. This team is rebuilding.

    But yea, in an interview today he took responsibility for today's loss.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:07 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    Well you don't like to look at the situation he's put in, you would rather blame it all on the QB.

    He has a crap O-line protecting him, questionable receivers, a lack of a "go-to" man and an unproven offensive coordinator. What do you expect? A quarterback is limited to the team around him and in the lat couple seasons, the team around him has been a complete joke.


    That's true to a point, but Hasselbeck's performance this game and last years Greenbay and Bucs games were nobodies fault but himself. And I'm sure Hass, being a classy guy, would say the same thing.


    So where were you last week to point this out? You were silent. Why? Cause Hass played like Hass. He just had a bad game today. Everyone has those from time to time. He's done the best he can with the cards he's been delt. He's not exactly a QB for the New England Patriots. This team is rebuilding.


    He's had three "bad" games in the past five he's played. It's turning into a trend.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2843
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:14 pm
  • Some of us have been saying it, including last week, I gave him props but mostly because he did not screw things up last week, he did nothing special last week, anytime he has been tasked with picking the team up over the last couple years he has failed.

    IMO, today was closer to Hass playing like Hass but even if last week is Hass, its still no one that is going to win you a playoff game.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:16 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:He's had three "bad" games in the past five he's played. It's turning into a trend.


    To be fair, the entire Seahawks had bad games. How are you going to single one player out in a 5-11 team?
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:17 pm
  • Two words: arm strength.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    User avatar
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *
     
    Posts: 8583
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:17 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:He's had three "bad" games in the past five he's played. It's turning into a trend.


    To be fair, the entire Seahawks had bad games. How are you going to single one player out in a 5-11 team?


    To be fair, we aren't singling Matt out, we are simply saying he is part of the problem, you are singling him out and excusing his play by saying everyone else is terrible.

    You say he is doing the best he can do, while than his best is not good enough, award for effort now lets find someone whose best is good enough.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:19 pm
  • warner28 wrote:Some of us have been saying it, including last week, I gave him props but mostly because he did not screw things up last week, he did nothing special last week, anytime he has been tasked with picking the team up over the last couple years he has failed.

    IMO, today was closer to Hass playing like Hass but even if last week is Hass, its still no one that is going to win you a playoff game.


    He did NOTHING special last week? LOL! Were you even watching the game?

    18/23 170 yards, 2 TD's and 1 rushing TD (1 int)

    Hass had the best passer rating in week 1. Come on bro, you're just being a little negative.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:19 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:He's had three "bad" games in the past five he's played. It's turning into a trend.


    To be fair, the entire Seahawks had bad games. How are you going to single one player out in a 5-11 team?


    To be fair, we aren't singling Matt out, we are simply saying he is part of the problem, you are singling him out and excusing his play by saying everyone else is terrible.

    You say he is doing the best he can do, while than his best is not good enough, award for effort now lets find someone whose best is good enough.


    Yes you are. THis whole thread is about how bad Matt sucks. I don't see an Aaron Curry, Walter Thurmond, or Seahawks defense thread.
    Last edited by Zowert on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 pm
  • I guess im not sure why the focus is on JUST Hasslebeck? I saw so much garbage plays and costly penalties that it made me sick.

    I mean seriously, the team self destructed on so many levels that it was embarressing.

    I am not saying that he DIDNT play poorly, I'm just saying that its one area in a long list of problem areas for this team today.
    Image

    "Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass."
    User avatar
    Stiletto
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 171
    Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:40 pm


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:21 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    MeanBlueGreen wrote:Mot sure why he is obsessed with the play down the sideline. Very few throws over the middle and, missed a critical throw late in the 3rd that would have been a difference maker - guy was open by at least 5 years. Bummer. I'm a big Hass fan but watching him live, I have to question his reads on the receivers. Opening drive looked great until he threw the pick. Went downhill from there.


    Its not that Hass is obsessed with those plays, those were the cards he was delt. Hass isnt necessarily allowed to call audibles like he used to under Holmgren. He gets the play calls and tries to execute them, that's all he can do. Most of the completions Hass made were up the middle anyway, so I dont know what youre talking about.


    I'm talking about the fact that the majority of Matt's throws are to the sidelines on either swing passes or fade routes. I don't know what game you were watching today, but the one I saw today had him constantly challenging Brian Dawkins for some reason.

    John Carlson was not his only choice today. In a 3 or 4 WR set, you have more than 1 choice yet it seemed he kept trying to go to Carlson.
    My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.
    User avatar
    MeanBlueGreen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1119
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:56 pm
    Location: Redwood City, California


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:22 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:If you want to look objectively at hasselbeck, you have to do the same with Whitehurst and from what I've seen he's not the answer today, tomorrow, next year or ever. We wasted a pick on him and we'll still be looking for our qb of the future next year and the year after until someone figures this out. Hasselbeck is our only option at winning now.


    How do you know this about Whitehurst without ever seeing him in a regular season situation? If you want to compare Whitehurst with Hasselbeck you put them under center with the same supporting cast. That's not something that's been done to this point.
    imnKOgnito
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1030
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:17 pm


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:22 pm
  • Stiletto wrote:I guess im not sure why the focus is on JUST Hasslebeck? I saw so much garbage plays and costly penalties that it made me sick.

    I mean seriously, the team self destructed on so many levels that it was embarressing.

    I am not saying that he DIDNT play poorly, I'm just saying that its one area in a long list of problem areas for this team today.


    THANK YOU! Where is the thread on how bad the defense played? They let the Broncos march right down the field on nearly every drive. There were some game changing penalties from the O-line. A bad fumble by a rookie and bone head plays from Curry. But nooooo, Hass gets the heat.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:23 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:Some of us have been saying it, including last week, I gave him props but mostly because he did not screw things up last week, he did nothing special last week, anytime he has been tasked with picking the team up over the last couple years he has failed.

    IMO, today was closer to Hass playing like Hass but even if last week is Hass, its still no one that is going to win you a playoff game.


    He did NOTHING special last week? LOL! Were you even watching the game?

    18/23 170 yards, 2 TD's and 1 rushing TD (1 int)

    Hass had the best passer rating in week 1. Come on bro, you're just being a little negative.



    He controlled the game, I did not say different. That was what he was asked to do and he did it, that is why I gave him props last year.

    Against SF he was not asked to make the difficult throw, it was the defense (not him) that kept Seattle in the game and it was the defense that was the game changer.

    As I said he had a good game, it was not a great game, today a good game probably would have been enough (and is about all he is capable of nowadays IMO) but he had a bad game instead.

    Today when the team really needed a Pro Bowl performance he took a dump.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:23 pm
  • endzorn wrote:
    I love the guy, always will...but when I watch him play it is painfully obvious that he is not the answer. At some point we need to find out what we have in Whitehurst.



    Ruskell was an idiot for not getting us a future QB and letting him sit and learn while Hass plays out his contract. Green Bay, San Diego and Philly did this with really good QB's on their roster. We need to find out if CBJ is the guy going forward or if we need to draft a QB high in the upcoming draft. Hass' days are numbered here. His best attribute, his decision making, is not even very good anymore. Like you said, love the guy for what he has done, but it's time to move on. We aren't going anywhere with him this year and he doesn't deserve a new contract. Gotta find out if CBJ is the guy for this team and Bates offense.
    User avatar
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 579
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 pm


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:24 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    Yes you are. THis whole thread is about how bad Matt sucks. I don't see an Aaron Curry, Walter Thurmond, or Seahawks defense thread.



    Really? They have been ALL OVER THE PLACE. Want me to link them for you?

    Aaron Curry is right under this one, the defense was all over the game day board.

    Of course they are here, we have multiple threads. There is 1 Matt thread and dozens of other ones covering the very things you claim we aren't talking about, seriously, look around.
    Last edited by MARTYREDwarner on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:25 pm
  • MeanBlueGreen wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    MeanBlueGreen wrote:Mot sure why he is obsessed with the play down the sideline. Very few throws over the middle and, missed a critical throw late in the 3rd that would have been a difference maker - guy was open by at least 5 years. Bummer. I'm a big Hass fan but watching him live, I have to question his reads on the receivers. Opening drive looked great until he threw the pick. Went downhill from there.


    Its not that Hass is obsessed with those plays, those were the cards he was delt. Hass isnt necessarily allowed to call audibles like he used to under Holmgren. He gets the play calls and tries to execute them, that's all he can do. Most of the completions Hass made were up the middle anyway, so I dont know what youre talking about.


    I'm talking about the fact that the majority of Matt's throws are to the sidelines on either swing passes or fade routes. I don't know what game you were watching today, but the one I saw today had him constantly challenging Brian Dawkins for some reason.


    His TD pass, was up the middle. Two of his Branch passes, up the middle. 4/5 of Carlson's receptions were up the middle and William's sole catch, was towards the middle.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:27 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    Yes you are. THis whole thread is about how bad Matt sucks. I don't see an Aaron Curry, Walter Thurmond, or Seahawks defense thread.



    Really? They have been ALL OVER THE PLACE. Want me to link them for you?

    Aaron Curry is right under this one, the defense was all over the game day board.

    Of course they are here, we have multiple threads.


    Yeah in the game day thread, of course. But not in the general thread.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:29 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    Yes you are. THis whole thread is about how bad Matt sucks. I don't see an Aaron Curry, Walter Thurmond, or Seahawks defense thread.



    Really? They have been ALL OVER THE PLACE. Want me to link them for you?

    Aaron Curry is right under this one, the defense was all over the game day board.

    Of course they are here, we have multiple threads.


    Yeah in the game day thread, of course. But not in the general thread.



    Yes there is, several of them.

    Look around man, there is a thread about defense, Curry, everything but Thurmond (whom is a rookie and frankly I expect mistakes). Everything else is all over the place, look around.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:29 pm
  • Zowert, my man. It does no good to use facts on the haters. They gonna hate.
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 3987
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:31 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:Zowert, my man. It does no good to use facts on the haters. They gonna hate.



    Okay, so you agree that Matt is the only one getting the blame then? Ignoring the FACT (you like facts) that there are plenty of threads questioning the defense, the coaching, Curry, and pretty much everything else on the main board.

    But yeah, we are the one's singling Matt out, okay :roll:


    Matt is the leader, he is the veteran, he is the CAPTAIN, he gets more credit and more blame, its how it works but he is NOT being singled out as Zowart claims. Its simply not happening.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:31 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:Some of us have been saying it, including last week, I gave him props but mostly because he did not screw things up last week, he did nothing special last week, anytime he has been tasked with picking the team up over the last couple years he has failed.

    IMO, today was closer to Hass playing like Hass but even if last week is Hass, its still no one that is going to win you a playoff game.


    He did NOTHING special last week? LOL! Were you even watching the game?

    18/23 170 yards, 2 TD's and 1 rushing TD (1 int)

    Hass had the best passer rating in week 1. Come on bro, you're just being a little negative.



    He controlled the game, I did not say different. That was what he was asked to do and he did it, that is why I gave him props last year.

    Against SF he was not asked to make the difficult throw, it was the defense (not him) that kept Seattle in the game and it was the defense that was the game changer.

    As I said he had a good game, it was not a great game, today a good game probably would have been enough (and is about all he is capable of nowadays IMO) but he had a bad game instead.

    Today when the team really needed a Pro Bowl performance he took a dump.


    No matter what I say you're going to do your best to discredit Hass. You love to argue.

    Your point was that Hass did nothing special in the game against the 49ers....... NOTHING? Really? It was his rushing TD that gave the Hawks momentum. He was responsible for 21 points in that game. If scoring the majority of points and leading a team to victory is "nothing special" then what is special to you?
    Last edited by Zowert on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 pm
  • He wasn't good enough.. period.. why the debate? Hass himself said so.. geez I know some of are in love with him but the title of the thread has "objective" in it.. Get the point?
    redeye81
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1236
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
    Location: Boise


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:34 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Zowert, my man. It does no good to use facts on the haters. They gonna hate.



    Okay, so you agree that Matt is the only one getting the blame then? Ignoring the FACT (you like facts) that there are plenty of threads questioning the defense, the coaching, Curry, and pretty much everything else on the main board.

    But yeah, we are the one's singling Matt out, okay :roll:


    Matt is the leader, he is the veteran, he is the CAPTAIN, he gets more credit and more blame, its how it works but he is NOT being singled out as Zowart claims. Its simply not happening.


    Uhmmm yeah! LOL! Hass has a bad game and the haters come out to play. They're silent when he plays well. Why is there no Walter Thurmond thread in the general discussion forum? It was his fumble that turned the momentum to the Broncos.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:34 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    No matter what I say you're going to do your best to discredit Hass. You love to argue.

    Your point was that Hass did nothing special in the game against the 49ers....... NOTHING? Really? It was his rushing TD that gave the Hawks momentum. He was responsible for 21 points in that game.



    I gave him credit for that game, I believe the defense did more than him in San Francisco but I gave him credit for that game, he played a good game.

    It was not a Pro Bowl performance IMO, I stand by that. But if you want to say it was a great performance and he won the game last week, fine. You win.

    Think what you want to think about me with regards to Hass but no one is singling him out.

    I am much more interested in your claim that we are singling him out because that is BS and you know it.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:34 pm
  • Zowert wrote:Your point was that Hass did nothing special in the game against the 49ers....... NOTHING? Really? It was his rushing TD that gave the Hawks momentum. He was responsible for 21 points in that game.


    Hmm, so when Hass does good he gets credit, but when he sucks its the team's fault. I smell a double standard.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2843
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm
  • God this is pathetic.. Haters are people that want more out of the pro bowl QB? come on.. no one is defending Thurmond.. He was garbage too.
    redeye81
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1236
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
    Location: Boise


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:Really? They have been ALL OVER THE PLACE. Want me to link them for you?

    Aaron Curry is right under this one, the defense was all over the game day board.

    Of course they are here, we have multiple threads.


    Yeah in the game day thread, of course. But not in the general thread.


    You promised that you would have me on 'ignore'. I was in Bend the last couple of days, and purposely didn't let you know.


    Yes there is, several of them.

    Look around man, there is a thread about defense, Curry, everything but Thurmond (whom is a rookie and frankly I expect mistakes). Everything else is all over the place, look around.
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 3987
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Zowert, my man. It does no good to use facts on the haters. They gonna hate.



    Okay, so you agree that Matt is the only one getting the blame then? Ignoring the FACT (you like facts) that there are plenty of threads questioning the defense, the coaching, Curry, and pretty much everything else on the main board.

    But yeah, we are the one's singling Matt out, okay :roll:


    Matt is the leader, he is the veteran, he is the CAPTAIN, he gets more credit and more blame, its how it works but he is NOT being singled out as Zowart claims. Its simply not happening.


    Uhmmm yeah! LOL! Hass has a bad game and the haters come out to play. They're silent when he plays well. Why is there no Walter Thurmond thread in the general discussion forum? It was his fumble that turned the momentum to the Broncos.



    Because Thurmond is a ROOKIE day 2 draft pick whom made 1 mistake in his 2nd game of his career, Matt on the otherhand is a veteran who is the CAPTAIN of the team and made multiple mistakes today.

    Is that a double standard? Probably but a fair one.

    When Thurmond is in his 10th year as a Seahawk and a team captain and fumbles a punt return I expect a thread about it.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    No matter what I say you're going to do your best to discredit Hass. You love to argue.

    Your point was that Hass did nothing special in the game against the 49ers....... NOTHING? Really? It was his rushing TD that gave the Hawks momentum. He was responsible for 21 points in that game.



    I gave him credit for that game, I believe the defense did more than him in San Francisco but I gave him credit for that game, he played a good game.

    It was not a Pro Bowl performance IMO, I stand by that. But if you want to say it was a great performance and he won the game last week, fine. You win.

    Think what you want to think about me with regards to Hass but no one is singling him out.

    I am much more interested in your claim that we are singling him out because that is BS and you know it.


    So now you're giving him credit, after you said he did nothing special.

    It was a great performance, everyone thought so. Not just me.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:38 pm
  • warner28 wrote:Because Thurmond is a ROOKIE day 2 draft pick whom made 1 mistake in his 2nd game of his career, Matt on the otherhand is a veteran who is the CAPTAIN of the team and made multiple mistakes today.

    Is that a double standard? Probably but a fair one.

    When Thurmond is in his 10th year as a Seahawk and a team captain and fumbles a punt return I expect a thread about it.


    Regardless if he's a rookie, he's still an NFL player and he should be able to catch an F'n ball!!!! Its not like he got burned by a pro bowl receiver on a difficult route. All he had to do was catch a ball. You want to talk about 7th graders, I know a couple JV middle school football players that have never dropped a punt return.
    Last edited by Zowert on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:40 pm
  • Game two in a one and one season while you are tied for first place in the division is not the time to panic
    warden
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1936
    Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:31 pm


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    No matter what I say you're going to do your best to discredit Hass. You love to argue.

    Your point was that Hass did nothing special in the game against the 49ers....... NOTHING? Really? It was his rushing TD that gave the Hawks momentum. He was responsible for 21 points in that game.



    I gave him credit for that game, I believe the defense did more than him in San Francisco but I gave him credit for that game, he played a good game.

    It was not a Pro Bowl performance IMO, I stand by that. But if you want to say it was a great performance and he won the game last week, fine. You win.

    Think what you want to think about me with regards to Hass but no one is singling him out.

    I am much more interested in your claim that we are singling him out because that is BS and you know it.


    So now you're giving him credit, after you said he did nothing special.

    It was a great performance, everyone thought so. Not just me.


    It wasn't special, it was good, not special.

    If others thought it was great or special, fine, I thought it was good and gave him credit for as much last week.

    I am done with this line of debate. We aren't singling him out anymore than he deserves, he is the QB, veteran, and captain. He deserves to be criticized for today and how he has played in recent history overall.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:
    Zowert wrote:Your point was that Hass did nothing special in the game against the 49ers....... NOTHING? Really? It was his rushing TD that gave the Hawks momentum. He was responsible for 21 points in that game.


    Hmm, so when Hass does good he gets credit, but when he sucks its the team's fault. I smell a double standard.


    No, I wasn't praising his performance today. I said he had a bad game. But the entire team had a bad game.

    There should be a thread that says "Objective look at the Seahawks" not "Hasselbeck".

    I'm not trying to be a homer, or a jerk.. I just wish we would stand behind our QB instead of throwing him under the bus all the time.
    Last edited by Zowert on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:45 pm
  • Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:Because Thurmond is a ROOKIE day 2 draft pick whom made 1 mistake in his 2nd game of his career, Matt on the otherhand is a veteran who is the CAPTAIN of the team and made multiple mistakes today.

    Is that a double standard? Probably but a fair one.

    When Thurmond is in his 10th year as a Seahawk and a team captain and fumbles a punt return I expect a thread about it.


    Regardless if he's a rookie, he's still an NFL player and he should be able to catch an F'n ball!!!! Its not like he got burned by a pro bowl receiver on a difficult route. All he had to do was catch a ball. You want to talk about 7th graders, I know a couple JV middle school football players that have never dropped a punt return.



    Then start a thread about Thurmond.

    I have no expectations for Walter (and never claimed I did) so when a guy I have no expectations for fails to deliver I am not going to waste my time on it.

    If it bothered you that much, start a thread, bet it gets to 3 pages really quick because Thurmond did screw up, just did not surprise me when he did.

    I have expectations for Matt and Curry so those are the one's I talk about (and notice I started neither thread about them either, just responded to others posts).
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:48 pm
  • warner28 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:
    warner28 wrote:Because Thurmond is a ROOKIE day 2 draft pick whom made 1 mistake in his 2nd game of his career, Matt on the otherhand is a veteran who is the CAPTAIN of the team and made multiple mistakes today.

    Is that a double standard? Probably but a fair one.

    When Thurmond is in his 10th year as a Seahawk and a team captain and fumbles a punt return I expect a thread about it.


    Regardless if he's a rookie, he's still an NFL player and he should be able to catch an F'n ball!!!! Its not like he got burned by a pro bowl receiver on a difficult route. All he had to do was catch a ball. You want to talk about 7th graders, I know a couple JV middle school football players that have never dropped a punt return.



    Then start a thread about Thurmond.

    I have no expectations for Walter (and never claimed I did) so when a guy I have no expectations for fails to deliver I am not going to waste my time on it.

    If it bothered you that much, start a thread, bet it gets to 3 pages really quick because Thurmond did screw up, just did not surprise me when he did.

    I have expectations for Matt and Curry so those are the one's I talk about (and notice I started neither thread about them either, just responded to others posts).


    I respect your opinion and give credit to your arguments.

    I'm just bothered by the lack of support Hass gets. When he has a good game, no one really cares. But when he plays badly, people come out of the woodwork just to trash on him. I feel like this would be the case for ANYONE under center. There is no more loyalty. QB's arent human beings, no, they're professional athletes who should never make mistakes and have an off night.
    Last edited by Zowert on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:48 pm
  • Zowart,

    If you actually look around this board, find the thread I started, you will notice something, the one I started was positive and optimistic about this season.


    Even my first post in this thread was far from an attack of Matt, Matt is an average NFL QB and I expect him to play like today often and like last week often, neither is good enough to win in the playoffs IMO, I want a QB that can win in the playoffs, Matt ain't that guy anymore IMO.
    MARTYREDwarner
     


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:51 pm
  • IMO I wish "stash" would give it a rest. history told the tale in all other aspects of life, why should hawks football be any different?
    like others have said, I'm a hassle fan, but not one with blind faith in his future play.

    I hate to say it but I too would like to find out what we have in cbj before we beat this horse and gloss over looking for the magical draft pick. btw if you think it's Locker you're not sober.

    really like the guy but, no, I just think this team needs new blood behind center.
    cknoxxhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 474
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:05 am


Re: Objective look at Hasselbeck
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:51 pm
  • warner28 wrote:Zowart,

    If you actually look around this board, find the thread I started, you will notice something, the one I started was positive and optimistic about this season.


    Even my first post in this thread was far from an attack of Matt, Matt is an average NFL QB and I expect him to play like today often and like last week often, neither is good enough to win in the playoffs IMO, I want a QB that can win in the playoffs, Matt ain't that guy anymore IMO.


    Zowert, with an E. Honest mistake.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Next


It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest