Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » NET NATION COMMUNITY CENTER » [ THE ARCHIVES ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 am 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
amill87 wrote:
Without the turnovers and long returns, we get shut out.


Such horrible logic. I have seen this pop up so much with the popularity of fantasy football. "Well, if you remove X players long TD run, he had a horrible day." The game of football does not work that way. The exact same thing could be said for AZ, without their good plays they could have been shutout. We weren't shutout, we were moments away from winning the game.

Either way, to think that this is the worst offensive performance from a QB is extremely myopic.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am
Posts: 1562
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Charlie lead our team to a loss in a game where we kept the other team to 6 points with no touchdowns, that's all I have to say.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 am 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
cboom wrote:
Will you at least be man enough to leave it there when he gets benched?


I think this is where your problem lies...You think that something said on the internet, has anything to do with being a man. If Wilson gets benched so be it. Your statement would still be ridiculous, even in that context.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
HawksFTW wrote:
amill87 wrote:
Without the turnovers and long returns, we get shut out.


Such horrible logic. I have seen this pop up so much with the popularity of fantasy football. "Well, if you remove X players long TD run, he had a horrible day." The game of football does not work that way. The exact same thing could be said for AZ, without their good plays they could have been shutout. We weren't shutout, we were moments away from winning the game.

Either way, to think that this is the worst offensive performance from a QB is extremely myopic.


I didn't say it was the worst performance from a QB. I said it was one of the worst offensive performances (whole offense). Arizona was able to score without a turnover or special teams. Our offense couldn't do anything. It's not fantasy logic. The offense as a whole (minus Lynch) was terrible. The o-line was a turnstile and Wilson was erratic. I do not think Wilson had the worst performance from a QB but he was the QB of an offense that was very bad.

In fact, I would argue sitting back and saying "we weren't shut out, our offense put up 16 points and almost won!" is more fantasy. That is purely looking at the stat sheet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:13 pm
Posts: 656
Location: Everett WA
amill87 wrote:
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


If you make an OUTRAGEOUS statement like this expect a equal response. Do us all favor and never speak on the matter again.

_________________
Officially un-official.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:05 pm
Posts: 114
Chukarhawk wrote:
Troll Clean up aisle 3!!

Clearly Football is not your game Cboof.


Football is not my game because I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of believing a short QB will lead this team to the promise land? A couple years from now Wilson will be forgotten about and you will forget I said he would fail.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6428
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

Lol. Ludicrous!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 pm
Posts: 1590
Location: Auburn, Wa
amill87 wrote:
... I said it was one of the worst offensive performances (whole offense).


Actually after 1 week we only dropped 1 place from #28 to #29 in total offense from last year. And 1 yard better then the team that beat us. 8)

_________________
"Improvement" can come from who you play-


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:46 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
Posts: 2905
Location: Omaha, NE
cboom wrote:
Chukarhawk wrote:
Troll Clean up aisle 3!!

Clearly Football is not your game Cboof.


Football is not my game because I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of believing a short QB will lead this team to the promise land? A couple years from now Wilson will be forgotten about and you will forget I said he would fail.


Please remain a .Net Bench Warmer...

Will you admit you're wrong when Wilson hits a home run and has more goals than anyone else in power play situations on the court?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 am 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan.


Then you clearly don't understand what you're seeing when you watch football.

I don't care what metric Sando quotes. Braylon dropped that ball.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Cboom was leading the Charlie Whithurst chants last year. He now is cheering for this years backup. True story the internet told me so.. lol JK man don't get upset just fooling with ya...

That said we need better protection and you'll see Russell's leadership and playmaking take over. I watched the 22 coaches tape last night. Good start for the rookie he got better as the game went on. He showed toughness and confidence. He was battling hard at the end and was dissapointed we lost. I could see he really cares. Sidney was also upset.. i like that they want to be really good. it's gona take some time..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:50 am 
NET Starter
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 am
Posts: 330
Location: T-town
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Attachments:
57207182_George_Takei_oh_my_xlarge.jpeg
57207182_George_Takei_oh_my_xlarge.jpeg [ 9.99 KiB | Viewed 1502 times ]

_________________
It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 am 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
amill87 wrote:
I didn't say it was the worst performance from a QB. I said it was one of the worst offensive performances (whole offense). Arizona was able to score without a turnover or special teams. Our offense couldn't do anything. It's not fantasy logic. The offense as a whole (minus Lynch) was terrible. The o-line was a turnstile and Wilson was erratic. I do not think Wilson had the worst performance from a QB but he was the QB of an offense that was very bad.

In fact, I would argue sitting back and saying "we weren't shut out, our offense put up 16 points and almost won!" is more fantasy. That is purely looking at the stat sheet.


For what it is worth, I wasn't speaking directly to you, just in general to the sentiment of the thread (and some posters therein). But replying to your post here, if you think that is one of the worst offensive performances you have ever seen, you haven't seen many Hawks games. Hell you can look to just last year to see a worse game.

Overall Seattle ran the ball well. They had moments in the passing game. Enough of an offensive to at least put 20 on the board. You want to take those 20 off the board because they come from special teams and turnovers, well guess what? That is the part of the plan. You cannot discount the fact that as a team, they had multiple shots to win the game. That is a far f-cking cry from being shut out. If you don't realize the difference between those two, there isn't much else to say to you. Go back and watch the Cleveland game last year, or the Pittsburgh game last year, or any number of the games in between 2006-2010. You are being intellectually dishonest, and trying to disguise it as real analysis.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10244
Location: Helm's Deep
I love the smell of trolls in the morning.

Smells like........well, trolls I guess. Kinda wrote myself into a corner there.

Come back to me later, I can do much better than this.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
HawksFTW wrote:
amill87 wrote:
I didn't say it was the worst performance from a QB. I said it was one of the worst offensive performances (whole offense). Arizona was able to score without a turnover or special teams. Our offense couldn't do anything. It's not fantasy logic. The offense as a whole (minus Lynch) was terrible. The o-line was a turnstile and Wilson was erratic. I do not think Wilson had the worst performance from a QB but he was the QB of an offense that was very bad.

In fact, I would argue sitting back and saying "we weren't shut out, our offense put up 16 points and almost won!" is more fantasy. That is purely looking at the stat sheet.


For what it is worth, I wasn't speaking directly to you, just in general to the sentiment of the thread (and some posters therein). But replying to your post here, if you think that is one of the worst offensive performances you have ever seen, you haven't seen many Hawks games. Hell you can look to just last year to see a worse game.

Overall Seattle ran the ball well. They had moments in the passing game. Enough of an offensive to at least put 20 on the board. You want to take those 20 off the board because they come from special teams and turnovers, well guess what? That is the part of the plan. You cannot discount the fact that as a team, they had multiple shots to win the game. That is a far f-cking cry from being shut out. If you don't realize the difference between those two, there isn't much else to say to you. Go back and watch the Cleveland game last year, or the Pittsburgh game last year, or any number of the games in between 2006-2010. You are being intellectually dishonest, and trying to disguise it as real analysis.



How many points did the offense score without a short field? Stop staring at the stat sheet. The offense was terrible. If Lynch doesn't play, this is an ugly ugly game. Most of the catches the WR's had to make were pretty good catches on their part. When the WR's had chances to win the game, they just ran out of awesome catches to pull it off. I'm sorry I don't expect all of my WRs to make spectacular catches all game.

This message board is seriously going down hill. We have almost 3 pages of posts in this thread and most of them are "lol wut?" and telling someone they don't know football or haven't been a fan for a long time. It's a god damn joke. I feel like I'm reading the message board for a mmo most the time around here. If someone has a different opinion than you than they a) Don't know anything about football b) haven't been a fan very long and c) have a secret agenda they are trying to push. I'm seriously about this close to just giving up on this board, it's nothing like it once was.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 am 
* NET Injury Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
Posts: 1525
Location: Poulsbo, WA
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Kelly Stouffer started 16 games for the Seahawks, and played in another 6 for a total of 22.

In those games completed 51.5 percent of his passes.
He threw for 7 touchdowns.
He threw 19 interceptions.
He fumbled the ball 20 times.
His CAREER quarterback ranking was 54.5.
He threw for 2333 yards (even if you remove his six non-started games that would only be an average of 146 yards/game).

These facts here make your statement about Wilson the most ridiculous thing I can ever remember reading on this board.

As far as being "man enough" to keep that statement in his sig I would ask you the same thing. Are you "man enough" to make that statement your signature and leave it there for as long as Wilson is our starter? It'll be kind of like tattooing a criminal, even years down the road we'll still be able to look at your posts and remember this statement.

_________________
Image

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:24 am 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
amill87 wrote:
How many points did the offense score without a short field? Stop staring at the stat sheet. The offense was terrible. If Lynch doesn't play, this is an ugly ugly game. Most of the catches the WR's had to make were pretty good catches on their part. When the WR's had chances to win the game, they just ran out of awesome catches to pull it off. I'm sorry I don't expect all of my WRs to make spectacular catches all game.

This message board is seriously going down hill. We have almost 3 pages of posts in this thread and most of them are "lol wut?" and telling someone they don't know football or haven't been a fan for a long time. It's a god damn joke. I feel like I'm reading the message board for a mmo most the time around here. If someone has a different opinion than you than they a) Don't know anything about football b) haven't been a fan very long and c) have a secret agenda they are trying to push. I'm seriously about this close to just giving up on this board, it's nothing like it once was.


No one is saying this is the most explosive offense of all time. You are actively trying to discount the positives in this game, while emphasizing the negative. You say stop looking at the stat sheet, when you are the one that started this thread essentially over stats.

As for the message board going down hill, there is a very good reason for that, and it isn't because people are questioning your football knowledge. We can take this to the shack if you want my real opinion. When you say things like this is one of the worst offensive performances you have EVER seen, that is extremely hyperbolic. I get that it is an emotional thing, but then when questioned on it you continue to try to back it up with nothing more than slanted opinions.

How about this, list out in order where you think this game lies on the spectrum of horrible games, and then we can talk. Because in context, this is no where near the worst performance from just the Seahawks, let alone the NFL in general, and that statement just makes your opinion look uninformed.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:44 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:05 pm
Posts: 114
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Kelly Stouffer started 16 games for the Seahawks, and played in another 6 for a total of 22.

In those games completed 51.5 percent of his passes.
He threw for 7 touchdowns.
He threw 19 interceptions.
He fumbled the ball 20 times.
His CAREER quarterback ranking was 54.5.
He threw for 2333 yards (even if you remove his six non-started games that would only be an average of 146 yards/game).

These facts here make your statement about Wilson the most ridiculous thing I can ever remember reading on this board.

As far as being "man enough" to keep that statement in his sig I would ask you the same thing. Are you "man enough" to make that statement your signature and leave it there for as long as Wilson is our starter? It'll be kind of like tattooing a criminal, even years down the road we'll still be able to look at your posts and remember this statement.


Done


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2057
NOM NOM NOM! TROLLS NOM NOM! WORST SEAHAWKS QB EVER AFTER ONE START! TROLLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!

So, after watching all these 'hawks QBs...you must have been out of your mind watching Peyton Manning's first season....that guy ###king sucks. I guess Mike Vick is terrible too, I mean that dude doesn't stay in the pocket ever. Wish the NFL would screen for better players.

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place has all the best incite sometime!

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
SouthSoundHawk wrote:
This place has all the best incite sometime!


Not much for insight, except for a few very knowledgeable posters, but it absolutely does have the best incite!

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vick does suck - how many years in this league and he still can't read defenses....Yes he has tremendous mobility, yes he has a cannon for an arm but if you cannot read defenses you hit your ceiling pretty quickly. I am one of the few that said that Vick would be a huge NFL success when he came out of W. Virginia. Most people said the mobility wouldn't work in the NFL but I had seen that arm of his sling it downfield and knew he could throw. I didn't know he was lazy

RW played as a rookie - I expect reading defenses to get better, I expect coordinators to start calling smarter plays - like many of us has said that includes slants, screens and dump-offs to RB's. Look at the rinkity-dink football that SD did on Monday basically "long handoffs" that forces the D to stay honest

RW will be fine


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2653
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Kelly Stouffer started 16 games for the Seahawks, and played in another 6 for a total of 22.

In those games completed 51.5 percent of his passes.
He threw for 7 touchdowns.
He threw 19 interceptions.
He fumbled the ball 20 times.
His CAREER quarterback ranking was 54.5.
He threw for 2333 yards (even if you remove his six non-started games that would only be an average of 146 yards/game).

These facts here make your statement about Wilson the most ridiculous thing I can ever remember reading on this board.


IMO, Stan Gelbaugh was worse than Stouffer.

1-8 in Games as a starter for Seattle
48% completion rating
7- TDs
12 INTs
Overall QB rating 54.1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm
Posts: 388
Before this thread got blown up in the beginning I think the original post does go a long way to proving a point that there are lot of people on this board with RW glasses on that think the receivers let RW down, when in fact there was not a single real drop in the game, just a bunch of poorly placed balls.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 5464
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Holy crap balls, Batman!

If this is how this place looks after one loss, just imagine how insane it will be after the second.

Crymany!

My take is this:
Wilson didn't make the best choices out there on Sunday, and the outcome of the game cannot firmly be placed on his shoulders alone. There were more than enough shortcomings to go around over 1/3 of the squad. Thankfully, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

_________________
"God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
HoustonHawk82 wrote:
Thankfully, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.


Nope. Worst performance ever.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
mikeak wrote:
Vick does suck - how many years in this league and he still can't read defenses....Yes he has tremendous mobility, yes he has a cannon for an arm but if you cannot read defenses you hit your ceiling pretty quickly. I am one of the few that said that Vick would be a huge NFL success when he came out of W. Virginia. Most people said the mobility wouldn't work in the NFL but I had seen that arm of his sling it downfield and knew he could throw. I didn't know he was lazy


I can't tell what my favorite part of this paragraph is:

The air of knowledge about Michael Vick followed by getting his college wrong (Hint: Virginia Tech)

or

The claim you were one of the few people to say Michael Vick would be a huge NFL success when he was a #1 overall pick.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:37 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 5464
Location: Magnolia, Texas
HawksFTW wrote:
HoustonHawk82 wrote:
Thankfully, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.


Nope. Worst performance ever.


So, just so I'm clear...

one interception is as worse as it could have got?

_________________
"God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:42 am 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
HoustonHawk82 wrote:
HawksFTW wrote:
HoustonHawk82 wrote:
Thankfully, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.


Nope. Worst performance ever.


So, just so I'm clear...

one interception is as worse as it could have got?


That was sarcasm.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:49 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10064
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

Bombastic bullshit. Must still be tell the truth Monday.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

Thanks for checking in Millen. :roll:

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9878
cboom wrote:
Chukarhawk wrote:
Troll Clean up aisle 3!!

Clearly Football is not your game Cboof.


Football is not my game because I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of believing a short QB will lead this team to the promise land? A couple years from now Wilson will be forgotten about and you will forget I said he would fail.

Your hero Millen is CBJ (Whitehurst) without the cool beard.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9230
Location: Renton Wa.
Wow and nobody has even brought up Steakboy Sean Salisbury yet.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1304
HoustonHawk82 wrote:
Holy crap balls, Batman!

If this is how this place looks after one loss, just imagine how insane it will be after the second.

Crymany!

My take is this:
Wilson didn't make the best choices out there on Sunday, and the outcome of the game cannot firmly be placed on his shoulders alone. There were more than enough shortcomings to go around over 1/3 of the squad. Thankfully, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.


I have a feeling we saw our worst offensive game of this season last Sunday. Wilson showed improvement during the game and I think the coaches got woken up a bit. We may score less points in other games this season but I think the offense will look better.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:12 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
cboom wrote:
Chukarhawk wrote:
Troll Clean up aisle 3!!

Clearly Football is not your game Cboof.


Football is not my game because I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of believing a short QB will lead this team to the promise land? A couple years from now Wilson will be forgotten about and you will forget I said he would fail.


For a game you admittedly don't know, you sure are dogmatic.

6 centuries ago you would have been the guy saying "I know without a doubt the world is flat", despite people much more informed than you and smarter than you telling you otherwise.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
Sarlacc83 wrote:
mikeak wrote:
Vick does suck - how many years in this league and he still can't read defenses....Yes he has tremendous mobility, yes he has a cannon for an arm but if you cannot read defenses you hit your ceiling pretty quickly. I am one of the few that said that Vick would be a huge NFL success when he came out of W. Virginia. Most people said the mobility wouldn't work in the NFL but I had seen that arm of his sling it downfield and knew he could throw. I didn't know he was lazy


I can't tell what my favorite part of this paragraph is:

The air of knowledge about Michael Vick followed by getting his college wrong (Hint: Virginia Tech)

or

The claim you were one of the few people to say Michael Vick would be a huge NFL success when he was a #1 overall pick.



LOL yeah getting the college wrong was pretty bad. I was so stuck on his awesome performance against West Virgina where he single handedly won the game and made me a believer. Yes VT my bad sorry Vick and Beamer

Yes he was the number one pick but many experts didn't expect him to work. Many non-experts (ie people on these forums) did not expect him to work. Just like the comments about Cam Newton he was the number one pick are you telling me there weren't a TON of doubters out there? I was one of them and it sure felt like I was in the majority and turned out that I was wrong


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:38 am
Posts: 191
Location: Issaquah, WA
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


What a spectacular wheelbarrow full of crap. I can only presume you didn't see Jackson or CBJ - last season. Much less the murderer's row of "NFL arms" this team has rolled out over the last thirty years. If Wilson never gets better than last Sunday he still won't crack the bottom-five for this franchise.

Makes for an entertaining thread, though.

_________________
SeaChase wrote:
One thing I noticed,well in my opinion,is that Wilson isnt a good passer.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
Posts: 893
Location: Camano Island, WA
Last I checked, NFL football is a TEAM game, one weak link brings the whole team down. The Seahawks just had too many weak links in this game. I think Wilson played fairly well for a rookie starter, to put the loss on his back is ignoring ALL of the other negatives of this game. Starting with the coaches play calling, the ineffective & penalty ridden OL and the lack of having more decent receivers. Sure, Wilson made some mistakes (while he was being chased around by an aggressive defense) and I'm sure he'll learn from those mistakes and perform more up to this boards expectations. The QB is just the easiest and laziest way to blame a poor game performance by the whole TEAM.

_________________
<--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:40 pm 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: St. Louis, MO
amill87 wrote:
Worst QB may be a bit of an exaggeration but I said in another post he was the QB on one of the worst offensive performances I've seen. Without the turnovers and long returns, we get shut out. He had a bad day which is unusual from him.

He's played in one game. We don't know what's usual for him yet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 3589
Location: Bellingham, WA
I agree with Sando. I didn't see any honest-to-god drops. I saw a lot of passes that the WR had a chance to catch, but that's different from an accurate pass that was dropped.

_________________
Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
The worst QB'ing I have seen in a long time was the year Mora jr. was coaching especially Seneca vs the Colts.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 pm 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
VHawk wrote:
The worst QB'ing I have seen in a long time was the year Mora jr. was coaching especially Seneca vs the Colts.


I guess everyone forgets the Charlie Frye game.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10064
HawksFTW wrote:
VHawk wrote:
The worst QB'ing I have seen in a long time was the year Mora jr. was coaching especially Seneca vs the Colts.


I guess everyone forgets the Charlie Frye game.

Repressed memories.

* shudders*

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
HawksFTW wrote:
VHawk wrote:
The worst QB'ing I have seen in a long time was the year Mora jr. was coaching especially Seneca vs the Colts.


I guess everyone forgets the Charlie Frye game.


I forgot we had Frye on the team...

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:33 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 am
Posts: 233
HawksFTW wrote:
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


This is going in my sig, so we can all make fun of you later.

Not fair you got to that quicker than me! Can I do it too? PLEASE?!

_________________
Some mind's are like cement, Mixed up well and Permanently SET!
kearly wrote:
The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10541
Location: Pasco, WA
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


LOL, you got to be kidding me......I mean he may not have played the best game last Sunday, but there is no way he is the worst Hawk QB ever. Guess you were a Flynn guy........

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:34 pm 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I forgot we had Frye on the team...


His 83 yards are easily forgettable. Unlike CBJ's 69 yards against Cleveland, which forever will be seared into my brain.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:11 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 am
Posts: 325
LOL

Worst offensive output ever??? Check out the “79” Seattle VS LA Rams game.

I was at that game, if you didn’t get back from the snack bar with your “King Kup” in time after halftime, you missed their ONLY first down of the game. Zorn’s pass to Largent for 11yds; first play of the second half.

They had minus seven yards TOTAL offense…Zorn was not a rookie in that game, in fact “79” was his best statistical year.

By the way that team went 9 and 7 just missing out on the playoffs to the 10 and 6 Broncos….

_________________
"Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
(St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
(“Ovid”)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 574
amill87 wrote:
NFC West Blog


Interesting article. According to ESPN stats and information, we had no drops over the weekend. They define a drop as "passes the receiver should have caught with ordinary effort, and only when the receiver is 100 percent at fault."

I played WR in High School and my coaches always drilled into our heads that if the ball hits you in the hands, you catch it but how much blame do we want to put on the WR? None of our WRs are elite. Rice is the closest thing and he didn't have a drop in the endzone.


Not to crucify the messenger but we all know statisticians don't play football. The words "ordinary effort" and "100% at fault" are subjective descriptors that can't be added or determined. Keep in mind this is the NFL where playmakers are everywhere and effort is anything but ordinary. From the likes of it some self-proclaimed expert posters here are likely peewee league coaches with weak arms and bricks for hands. Unless I was playing the wrong sport growing up, I think the general consensus remains that in American football a drop is when a receiver is in position to make a catch and the ball touches his hands but fall to the ground without the receiver gaining possession. Fault can be attributed to qb and receiver to any degree AND remain a DROPPED BALL. How do you determine "100% fault" and whether or not Edwards even gave his "ordinary effort" when a defender was running full steam at him is debatable and always has been. These writers are full of themselves. As stated earlier 'statisticians don't play football' but busy themselves with the newest ratings and analysts concern themselves with how to they can errantly project talent during the upcoming drafts. Journalists will write their opinions and continue to sell it as facts. Just my two pennies. But you can count their opinions as truths if you like.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
cboom wrote:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Can someone please send the troll back to his cave? Worst you have seen....I'm guessing you're all of 10 years old if you think he's the worst Seattle has had on the field.

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seattle had no drops (Sando)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
amill87 wrote:
HawksFTW wrote:
amill87 wrote:
I didn't say it was the worst performance from a QB. I said it was one of the worst offensive performances (whole offense). Arizona was able to score without a turnover or special teams. Our offense couldn't do anything. It's not fantasy logic. The offense as a whole (minus Lynch) was terrible. The o-line was a turnstile and Wilson was erratic. I do not think Wilson had the worst performance from a QB but he was the QB of an offense that was very bad.

In fact, I would argue sitting back and saying "we weren't shut out, our offense put up 16 points and almost won!" is more fantasy. That is purely looking at the stat sheet.


For what it is worth, I wasn't speaking directly to you, just in general to the sentiment of the thread (and some posters therein). But replying to your post here, if you think that is one of the worst offensive performances you have ever seen, you haven't seen many Hawks games. Hell you can look to just last year to see a worse game.

Overall Seattle ran the ball well. They had moments in the passing game. Enough of an offensive to at least put 20 on the board. You want to take those 20 off the board because they come from special teams and turnovers, well guess what? That is the part of the plan. You cannot discount the fact that as a team, they had multiple shots to win the game. That is a far f-cking cry from being shut out. If you don't realize the difference between those two, there isn't much else to say to you. Go back and watch the Cleveland game last year, or the Pittsburgh game last year, or any number of the games in between 2006-2010. You are being intellectually dishonest, and trying to disguise it as real analysis.



How many points did the offense score without a short field? Stop staring at the stat sheet. The offense was terrible. If Lynch doesn't play, this is an ugly ugly game. Most of the catches the WR's had to make were pretty good catches on their part. When the WR's had chances to win the game, they just ran out of awesome catches to pull it off. I'm sorry I don't expect all of my WRs to make spectacular catches all game.

This message board is seriously going down hill. We have almost 3 pages of posts in this thread and most of them are "lol wut?" and telling someone they don't know football or haven't been a fan for a long time. It's a god damn joke. I feel like I'm reading the message board for a mmo most the time around here. If someone has a different opinion than you than they a) Don't know anything about football b) haven't been a fan very long and c) have a secret agenda they are trying to push. I'm seriously about this close to just giving up on this board, it's nothing like it once was.


Can we shack this already?

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » NET NATION COMMUNITY CENTER » [ THE ARCHIVES ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.