Our Friend BESTFIGHTSTORY Stabbed and Recovering

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
  • Seatown81 - exactly! the Star Tribune and WCCO articles are just plain terrible reporting. i'm surprised the WCCO article actually identifies Leif by name.
    User avatar
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 812
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 am


  • bestfightstory wrote:http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/10/08/packer-fan-stabbing/?refid=0


    Hey, hey! Good to see ya posting again.

    I thought you were a hottie before, but with the new scar.......steammmmmmm!!!! You are mannnnnn!


    :D
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    User avatar
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 5651
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


  • With a name like Leif you must have some viking strength in ya...I'd be worried for you but I'm guessing your gut punched out the knife :twisted: From one Scandanavian to another, get well soon!

    Oh, and by the way, you're famous!

    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news ... Oct_8_2009
    User avatar
    Yoonhawk
    * NET Attorney *
     
    Posts: 716
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • I elect we change BFS' title to "Guts of Steel". His story, while tragic in its own right, is the source of urban legend.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5733
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


  • Mugshot up on some sites.

    Ryan Hinderaker

    Image
    User avatar
    Cyberhwk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 161
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:35 pm
    Location: Kennewick, WA


  • In the movie version of bestfightstory's life the psychotic Packers fan should be played by Guy Pearce:

    Image

    BFS, so glad to see you back! I hope you're feeling better every day and getting spoiled by the nurses, docs and pharmacists.
    User avatar
    Rufus
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 203
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:16 am


  • Cyberhwk wrote:Mugshot up on some sites.

    Ryan Hinderaker

    Image


    Nice haircut, seriously what a little b@#%*
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5528
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • get well man, tragic
    User avatar
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *
     
    Posts: 1573
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • Thank you all, very much. I am so appreciative of all the love and support I have received from my family and friends and co-workers. It has been overwhelming and I am grateful for every word and gesture.

    I am still in much pain and discomfort and I am weakened from not eating since Monday, so I wont be around much to answer questions.

    Some of what you have found in the media reports is not accurate. I stand behind everything I did on that evening.

    Thank you all again.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


  • Oh. man.... bestfightstory.

    I seriously hope you have a quick recovery. So sorry to hear that some people take the NFL so seriously they have to HURT people over it.

    Hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Image
    MOSES
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 334
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:53 am
    Location: Seahawk Positivity


  • Great to see you tapping the keys again Leif. You gave us all a scare there! You have now become a Net legend. Hope your recovery is speedy... Bill
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2724
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • bestfightstory wrote:Thank you all, very much. I am so appreciative of all the love and support I have received from my family and friends and co-workers. It has been overwhelming and I am grateful for every word and gesture.

    I am still in much pain and discomfort and I am weakened from not eating since Monday, so I wont be around much to answer questions.

    Some of what you have found in the media reports is not accurate. I stand behind everything I did on that evening.

    Thank you all again.


    Hang in there man. We're proud of what you did.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11901
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • What the Hell did I ever Do?


    It's a little scary just how appropriate BFS's signature now is.

    Dom, you better be careful. Beware the curse of DJTOY! :lol:
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4648
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • I don't know what all has been said here and my reading comprehension and attention span are down, but it seems that i was very evry very lucky. Many internal organs are potential ltargets in the area I was stuck. My lower intestines were "nicked" twice, but fortunately they were not puncturing wounds, else I'd have likely suffered septic poisoning. Currently, they are waiting for my intestines to function normally.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


  • Hang in there. You are in our thoughts. :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12139
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Cyberhwk wrote:Mugshot up on some sites.

    Ryan Hinderaker

    Image


    Guy has those manson type of eyes.
    "It's not the size of your post count that matters"

    -My Wife
    User avatar
    anacorteshawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 214
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:00 am


  • bestfightstory wrote:I don't know what all has been said here and my reading comprehension and attention span are down, but it seems that i was very evry very lucky. Many internal organs are potential ltargets in the area I was stuck. My lower intestines were "nicked" twice, but fortunately they were not puncturing wounds, else I'd have likely suffered septic poisoning. Currently, they are waiting for my intestines to function normally.


    I know we don't get along much, at all really, but I am truly happy you are okay and came out of this without any serious health concerns. Get well soon.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3375
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


  • Someone needs to forward this story on to the Seahawks brass -- I sense a 12th man flag raising in the future.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2918
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • That's what ya get when you bring a stomach to a knife fight...;)
    Yes, I'm a midwest Seahawks fan..... NO, I'm not going to explain why to you.
    User avatar
    Daytomann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2337
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:39 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma


  • I still would like to know why this jackass isn't up for attempted murder charges?
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8277
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Aros wrote:I still would like to know why this jackass isn't up for attempted murder charges?



    BFS is a Seahawks fan .... NHI (no human involved) ... smile ....
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9407
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Just got in and read about this; get well BFS. Trying to break up a fight eh? One of my favorite quotes is from Mark Twain, "No good deed goes unpunished". Hope you'll be up and around asap.
    User avatar
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2875
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
    Location: In Bruges


  • PlinytheCenter wrote:Just got in and read about this; get well BFS. Trying to break up a fight eh? One of my favorite quotes is from Mark Twain, "No good deed goes unpunished". Hope you'll be up and around asap.



    A quote used by me virtually everyday at work. :D

    And BFS remember it please as its sadly true. Maybe that needs to be our new slogan.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • BFS,
    Get better. I have been following the story here in Minneapolis.
    Even had a few friends call thinking it might be me, when the story broke.
    I hope your recovery is quick.

    Take care
    CurryDaBeast
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 11:37 am
    Location: Minneapolis, Mn


  • I have been granted a premature release for hard work and good behavior. Still plenty of pain to sort and suffer through, but it will be nice to be back in the town where I grew up and watching the Hawks with my bro, dad and ma.

    On a side note; I received a request from a producer of the Mitch in the morning show to come on and do an interview on Seattle radio next week. Haven't yet responded.

    Thank you very very much to those who sent prayers and/or kind words/thoughts. They were invaluable.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


  • Keep up the good work and don't push yourself too hard!
    Any resemblance to actual persons, places and establishments is pure coincidence.
    User avatar
    Hash-Mark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1489
    Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:51 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • bestfightstory wrote:I have been granted a premature release for hard work and good behavior. Still plenty of pain to sort and suffer through, but it will be nice to be back in the town where I grew up and watching the Hawks with my bro, dad and ma.

    On a side note; I received a request from a producer of the Mitch in the morning show to come on and do an interview on Seattle radio next week. Haven't yet responded.

    Thank you very very much to those who sent prayers and/or kind words/thoughts. They were invaluable.


    Go do the Mitch in the Morning show. They need someone with a brain and no expression issues.

    :D
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • You should totally do the radio show. First step in getting to raise the 12th man flag!
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4648
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • Do it!!! Raising the flag would be supper cool. :th2thumbs:
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    User avatar
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 5651
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


  • Aros wrote:I still would like to know why this jackass isn't up for attempted murder charges?



    East Coast bias?????

    I hope this guy is being routinely, ummmm nevermind. I just realized this isnt the shack!!!!

    Get well soon BFS
    Hawkfan509
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1043
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:09 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities


  • I'm glad to hear you are doing well. :th2thumbs:

    I agree that you should do the radio show. Some good may come out of an awful situation.
    User avatar
    slipwax
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 322
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:15 am


  • The other upside to going on the radio is you'd get to tell the true story. Just like with how there was media misinformation, I've read on a few different places where people were saying ignorant crap like, "people don't get stabbed for no reason".

    But I could also very much understand if you didn't want to have anything to do with anything else regarding this terrible ordeal.

    Still, I think you should go on. Tell your story of why your a Hawk fan outside of Seattle, and about all the trips you've made to see the team play over the years. And then tell them that it's your dream to raise the 12th man flag. How cool would it be to have a real, true blue die hard rais it as opposed to more mountain climbers.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4648
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • SeaTown81 wrote:The other upside to going on the radio is you'd get to tell the true story. Just like with how there was media misinformation, I've read on a few different places where people were saying ignorant crap like, "people don't get stabbed for no reason".

    But I could also very much understand if you didn't want to have anything to do with anything else regarding this terrible ordeal.

    Still, I think you should go on. Tell your story of why your a Hawk fan outside of Seattle, and about all the trips you've made to see the team play over the years. And then tell them that it's your dream to raise the 12th man flag. How cool would it be to have a real, true blue die hard rais it as opposed to more mountain climbers.


    Leif, if you say yes and go on Mitch in the Morning, you gotta mention Seahawks.NET by name. If you do, I'll send you something nice from the pro shop!!

    Rep the community so it's not just KJR getting something out of the deal! :mrgreen:
    Image
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    User avatar
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *
     
    Posts: 4050
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:23 am
    Location: Owner's Box


  • RockHawk wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:The other upside to going on the radio is you'd get to tell the true story. Just like with how there was media misinformation, I've read on a few different places where people were saying ignorant crap like, "people don't get stabbed for no reason".

    But I could also very much understand if you didn't want to have anything to do with anything else regarding this terrible ordeal.

    Still, I think you should go on. Tell your story of why your a Hawk fan outside of Seattle, and about all the trips you've made to see the team play over the years. And then tell them that it's your dream to raise the 12th man flag. How cool would it be to have a real, true blue die hard rais it as opposed to more mountain climbers.


    Leif, if you say yes and go on Mitch in the Morning, you gotta mention Seahawks.NET by name. If you do, I'll send you something nice from the pro shop!!

    Rep the community so it's not just KJR getting something out of the deal! :mrgreen:


    You also have to do a shout out.. To: RockHawk, TechWorlds, Riley12, PEHAwk, Lymonhawk, KINGGRUMPY, Largent80, Yaktown, Etc! haha...
    Image

    "You hear a little girl Frankie?"
    User avatar
    KINGGRUMPY
    ** SSGT GRUMPY ** USAF BadAss
     
    Posts: 2092
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:09 pm
    Location: SOUTH TACOMA


  • Hey BFS, we are glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Let's hope that the Hawks can put a smile on your face today. :th2thumbs:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4867
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


  • Yeppers, Sando blogged about it.

    And the perp looks like Damian from the West Memphis Three.
    User avatar
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3538
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
    Location: Huntsville, Al


  • You attention whore!

    j/k - the 12th man will bring home a victory for you today, BFS!
    Any resemblance to actual persons, places and establishments is pure coincidence.
    User avatar
    Hash-Mark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1489
    Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:51 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • we haven't always seen eye to eye BFS, But I prayed for you when i heard the news, I'm glad you are ok and healing. get well sooon bro. The seahawks gonna win it today for you.
    User avatar
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5313
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
    Location: Beaverton, Oregon


  • Hope you enjoyed the game today BFS!

    Glad to hear you're out and doing better!!!
    Hey, Phil Rivers, you just got an Earl Necklace!
    User avatar
    duckypoo
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 400
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:31 am


  • I don't have a lot to say other than we "Won This One FoR You!"
    Looking For That One Particular Habor....
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *
     
    Posts: 714
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am
    Location: Boise, Idaho


  • Okay BFS, the guy who got his face broken in San Fran got to shoot a bud light commercial at Qwest today... They gotta let you do something cool. They named him a "Superfan".

    http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-101109- ... 0245.story
    Image

    "You hear a little girl Frankie?"
    User avatar
    KINGGRUMPY
    ** SSGT GRUMPY ** USAF BadAss
     
    Posts: 2092
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:09 pm
    Location: SOUTH TACOMA


  • Dangerous time to be a Seahawks fan, apparently.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    User avatar
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3143
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


  • bestfightstory wrote:I have been granted a premature release for hard work and good behavior. Still plenty of pain to sort and suffer through, but it will be nice to be back in the town where I grew up and watching the Hawks with my bro, dad and ma.

    On a side note; I received a request from a producer of the Mitch in the morning show to come on and do an interview on Seattle radio next week. Haven't yet responded.

    Thank you very very much to those who sent prayers and/or kind words/thoughts. They were invaluable.



    You are invaluable!
    Image
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *
     
    Posts: 990
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:38 pm
    Location: Hayward, California


  • Holy Shit!

    I hope you are all right, BFS. Get well soon and use the scar to pick up chicks. Seriously, take care and be safe...for the love of God.
    Image
    User avatar
    Thunderbird
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 212
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:24 pm
    Location: Shoreline, WA


  • Glad to hear that you are doing better BFS....stay strong!
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • Glad to hear everything is better. And count another vote towards doing the radio show, especially if you can shout to .NET
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15610
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests