Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone still afraid of Gurley?

The place to talk Live Sports! Seahawks Game Day, Super Bowl, College Football, XFL, Golf, it doesn't matter. This is not limited to NFL or just Seahawks games. All posts are pruned after 3 days. LANGUAGE: R
Anyone still afraid of Gurley?
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:23 pm
  • Or do you realize what I've been saying for a year? He will never be what he was again.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Anyone still afraid of Gurley?
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:27 pm
  • He's still a good FB player.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:28 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:He's still a good FB player.

I never said he wasn't. But his arthritis makes him half the guy he was.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:He's still a good FB player.

Agreed he has his moments in this game. I’m glad we won’t see him again this year as this falcons team won’t make the playoffs
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Or do you realize what I've been saying for a year? He will never be what he was again.

He can still be dangerous, but running back losses in effectiveness are never regained. It's a position that peaks, and can only be maintained at that level for a brief time, before inevitable and cumulative decline.

AFAIK the only two guys that come to mind that retired while still playing near peak level were Barry Sanders and and Robert Smith. Barry was definitely declining, but his style was such he never lost that breakout ability.

I also recall a Raiders RB names Napolean Kauffman, who could have had a hall of fame career, had he not been held back for being "too small" but that guy, if anyone could have been, was a lot like Sanders in his abilities. Shame his career was held back by Chucky and others.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:36 pm
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Or do you realize what I've been saying for a year? He will never be what he was again.

He can still be dangerous, but running back losses in effectiveness are never regained. It's a position that peaks, and can only be maintained at that level for a brief time, before inevitable and cumulative decline.

AFAIK the only two guys that come to mind that retired while still playing near peak level were Barry Sanders and and Robert Smith. Barry was definitely declining, but his style was such he never lost that breakout ability.

I also recall a Raiders RB names Napolean Kauffman, who could have had a hall of fame career, had he not been held back for being "too small" but that guy, if anyone could have been, was a lot like Sanders in his abilities. Shame his career was held back by Chucky and others.

Here's the thing: It's not just age and wear down. Gurley was diagnosed with arthritis in his knee last March. When they announced that diagnosis, he didn't scare me anymore. His knee will not let him be a bell cow ever again.

It just amazes me how many people here don't understand arthritis is incurable and degenerative.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ GAME DAY CHAT ]

Information