Niners make their roster cuts

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Niners make their roster cuts
Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Re: Niners make their roster cuts
Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 pm
  • Oh, cant wait to hear our resident 49er fans analysis of this. Oh, wait, none of them really know the team.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 pm
  • ^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:35 pm
  • mretrade wrote:^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:37 pm
  • I am hoping Okoye makes the practice squad. A lot of these cuts were a foregone conclusion and I didn't expect any of them to make the roster.

Rookie Eric Reid was announced as the starting FS today. I am excited about him. He has looked like an impact player this preseason. Corey Lemonier has been an absolute beast and the reason we traded Haralson. I hope he can find some playing time this season as he is a talent. Quinton Patton was immediately better than Jenkins and looked great last preseason game. This draft class has some serious potential to be special especially if Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore work out.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.

Remains to be seen. But, based on their posts on this board, 49er fans no little about the NFL or anyone not glamorized by the media on their own team.

Maybe I'm wrong...doubtful though.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Stop trolling.

If you really did know much, your posts would reflect that.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:38 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:
    mretrade wrote:^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.

No. Make me. I was born in the 206 and I have ever right to be here as you do. And all these 49ers posts make me more compelled to continue to post and I add to the discussion. I am a 49er fan but I am also a football fan. :0190l:
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:40 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    mretrade wrote:^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.

They do. Stop generalizing 49ers fans as one unit. The other 49ers fans don't stand out to me as any different than the regular Seahawks fan.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:41 pm
  • mretrade wrote:I am hoping Okoye makes the practice squad. A lot of these cuts were a foregone conclusion and I didn't expect any of them to make the roster.

Rookie Eric Reid was announced as the starting FS today. I am excited about him. He has looked like an impact player this preseason. Corey Lemonier has been an absolute beast and the reason we traded Haralson. I hope he can find some playing time this season as he is a talent. Quinton Patton was immediately better than Jenkins and looked great last preseason game. This draft class has some serious potential to be special especially if Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore work out.

We won't be on the practice squad.

He was waived/injured. That means if he clears waivers (as he's most likely to do since he's injured) he'll revert back to the team and end up on IR. He'll get to spend the year with the team and try again next year. In actuality, not a bad deal. he still gets to chase the dream and really get a shot next year.

Ya...Reid now officially the starter (not a shocker) and McDonald all but announced as #2 TE...so will be on the field on all 2 TE sets. Lemonier now first OLB off the bench. Patton looked good and will get his shot to play this year.

I have no idea how these picks will pan out, but at least they'll see some significant playing time this year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 pm
  • Pe, why'd you have to bait them right off the bat? I actually do enjoy reading viewpoints from fans of other teams most of the time, and you just took a crap on the thread before it had a chance to take off, forcing them to go on the defensive. :|
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:45 pm
  • Its early but its looking like a hell of a draft class. I loved how much we are using Vance McDonald this preseason. Guy is huge. I am almost happy Delanie left because while he was pretty darn good, he doesn't bring the size that Vance does. Him leaving almost forced us to upgrade. Delanie also had stone hands. I LOL'd when Seahawks fans said they got the better Rice tight end. Its not looking true early. Luke Willson is more of a developmental type though.

Roland, I reported Pehawk's post. Trolling is not allowed here no matter what team you are a fan of.

Also Roland, don't get me started on NFL knowledge. You are the anti-kearly :)
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:48 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Pe, why'd you have to bait them right off the bat? I actually do enjoy reading viewpoints from fans of other teams most of the time, and you just took a crap on the thread before it had a chance to take off, forcing them to go on the defensive. :|

Or, it forced more detail?

It's not like this is something new...I always "encourage" outside opinions in this forum. I do it, ALOT. Marvin49 added a lot to the #1 QB thread after I said something yesterday.

Oh, and I'm kind of an asshole.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Pe, why'd you have to bait them right off the bat? I actually do enjoy reading viewpoints from fans of other teams most of the time, and you just took a crap on the thread before it had a chance to take off, forcing them to go on the defensive. :|

LOL. No worries.

Kinda par for the course.

As for the cuts/moves today....no surprises. I'm happy with the Okoye move because assuming he doesn't get picked up off waivers he'll get to spend the year with the team and try again next year. It obvious how great an athlete he is, but he looks like just that...an athlete. Not a football player. Will be interesting what a year with Jim Tomsula will do.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:50 pm
  • Anyone ever see this picture before?

I find it hilarous.

mretrade
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:52 pm
  • mretrade wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:

Stop trolling.

They do. Stop generalizing 49ers fans as one unit. The other 49ers fans don't stand out to me as any different than the regular Seahawks fan.

I'm talking about you specifically.

Instead of talking about how much you know, just show it.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 pm
  • I have, it doesn't matter.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 pm
  • And Roland, I'm fairly benign to our 49er fans, relatively speaking. That's an understatement, actually. So, why question my comment?

Be consistent, iRo.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm
  • Okoye has an "injury" which will more than likely prevent another team from picking him up, plus on IR he wont take a PS position up. It's the mental aspect of the game that he lacks, so IR seems like a good fit.

Our backup P Colquitt just got picked up by the Browns.

The Haralson trade makes sense because Lemonier is progressing from DE to OLB nicely (and apparently ahead of Aldon Smith for his rookie year, but Smith didn't have a full offseason).

Overall, the '13 Draft Class is looking very good:
    Reid - starter
    McDonald - major contributor (replaces Delanie Walker)
    Carradine - IR which is expected
    Lemonier - 1st backup at both OLB positions
    Patton - Looked very adept at finding holes in the zone, smooth WR with reliable hands
    Lattimore - IR which is expected
    Dial - IR which is expected
    Daniels - Pushing for primary backup QB position, looks very solid and can contribute as a WR/RB/KR if needed
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm
  • mretrade wrote:Also Roland, don't get me started on NFL knowledge. You are the anti-kearly :)

I'm the anti-Kearly? Whatever you say. :roll: Why don't you explain how you think I know nothing about football, in your opinion?

@Pe: Telling me to be consistent doesn't even make sense. I can't question something you say unless I always question things you say? Come on.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:Okoye has an "injury" which will more than likely prevent another team from picking him up, plus on IR he wont take a PS position up. It's the mental aspect of the game that he lacks, so IR seems like a good fit.

Our backup P Colquitt just got picked up by the Browns.

The Haralson trade makes sense because Lemonier is progressing from DE to OLB nicely (and apparently ahead of Aldon Smith for his rookie year, but Smith didn't have a full offseason).

Overall, the '13 Draft Class is looking very good:
    Reid - starter
    McDonald - major contributor (replaces Delanie Walker)
    Carradine - IR which is expected
    Lemonier - 1st backup at both OLB positions
    Patton - Looked very adept at finding holes in the zone, smooth WR with reliable hands
    Lattimore - IR which is expected
    Dial - IR which is expected
    Daniels - Pushing for primary backup QB position, looks very solid and can contribute as a WR/RB/KR if needed

Carradine, Lattimore, and Dial not on IR. All put on reserve/non-football injury list. All eligable to come back after week 6...tho I doubt Lattimore will play at all this year.

Very happy so far with this draft class. The three above were injured when drafted so we knew we'd have to wait on them and the others have all looked good. We won't really know till the real bullets start flying but it looks good so far.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 pm
  • No, what I mean is, I'm benign in comparison to most who engage the 49er fans. Look no further than this thread. So, why call out my post only?

All of these 49er fans know I'm on them to add to other topics. In fact, I'd love to ban them from posting about anything 49er or Seahawks related for a week. Just to make things more interesting in this forum. I love this forum, but it'd be a lot better if 49er fans added to non-NFCW threads occasionally. Ya dig?

Im sure I go about it in a dick way, but, that's not the intent.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:09 pm
  • John Clayton‏@ClaytonESPN6m
    The 49ers have 14 players on the reserve list and that accounts for $13.4 million of cap room.

ouch. That sucks. lol.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:John Clayton‏@ClaytonESPN6m
    The 49ers have 14 players on the reserve list and that accounts for $13.4 million of cap room.

ouch. That sucks. lol.

Wow! Ouch is right. WTF(rick Les, frick)?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:47 pm
  • pehawk wrote:No, what I mean is, I'm benign in comparison to most who engage the 49er fans. Look no further than this thread. So, why call out my post only?

All of these 49er fans know I'm on them to add to other topics. In fact, I'd love to ban them from posting about anything 49er or Seahawks related for a week. Just to make things more interesting in this forum. I love this forum, but it'd be a lot better if 49er fans added to non-NFCW threads occasionally. Ya dig?

Im sure I go about it in a dick way, but, that's not the intent.

Well, calling you out had nothing to do with the fact that it was you, it's just that I've seen a bunch of threads about something other than the Seahawks, and they've been starting off with more and more trolling/baiting/BS as of late. Yours was the straw, I guess you might say. I didn't snap, or get pissed, or anything; but I just reached the point where I wanted to say something.

Also, I completely agree that it'd be more interesting if we saw 49ers/Rams fans adding more discussion to other threads; and Jesus Christ @ that cap # riding the medbay.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Fair enough, iRo. And, hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I sure am squeaky.

We should propose Niner and Rams fans can only add to non-NFCW threads next week. That'd be fun, actually.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:56 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:John Clayton‏@ClaytonESPN6m

ouch. That sucks. lol.

Wow! Ouch is right. WTF(rick Les, frick)?

About half of that I'd guess is Michael Crabtree...but still. Ouch.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:57 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Fair enough, iRo. And, hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I sure am squeaky.

We should propose Niner and Rams fans can only add to non-NFCW threads next week. That'd be fun, actually.

That would probably have been cool in the offseason some time....but not 1.5 weeks before the opener and 2.5 weeks till the battle royal. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:58 pm
  • Interesting concept. That could be awesome, or it could be disastrous.

@Marvin: Per Sportrac, Crabtree's 2013 cap hit is $5,774,000; so $7.6m of that is tied up in other players. Pricey.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Fair enough, iRo. And, hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I sure am squeaky.

That would probably have been cool in the offseason some time....but not 1.5 weeks before the opener and 2.5 weeks till the battle royal. :D

Quit whining 49er trash! You do what we tell you to, punk!

(I'm joking before mretrade snitch reports me)
    Last edited by pehawk on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Interesting concept. That could be awesome, or it could be disastrous.

@Marvin: Per Sportrac, Crabtree's 2013 cap hit is $5,774,000; so $7.3m of that is tied up in other players. Pricey.

Ya...I was guessing. :D I knew the his cap number was much larger toward the end of the deal.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Fair enough, iRo. And, hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I sure am squeaky.

Quit whining 49er trash! You do what we tell you too, punk!

(I'm joking before mretrade snitch reports me)

lol. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:25 pm
  • So the guy who gets beaned with a bottle gets cut? That's harsh.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:27 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:So the guy who gets beaned with a bottle gets cut? That's harsh.

Twice, apparently :|

In all seriousness, the guy really has no chance of making our team... We have Carradine and Dial coming back from injuries later that will surpass him on the depth chart.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:28 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:So the guy who gets beaned with a bottle gets cut? That's harsh.

To be fair, he was never going to make the team.

He was also waived/injured so if he clears waivers he reverts back to the 49ers and goes on IR.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:30 pm
  • Well I hope he clears waivers then, I think he deserves a shot without the "beaning" incident tainting things.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:32 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Well I hope he clears waivers then, I think he deserves a shot without the "beaning" incident tainting things.

While I agree with your sentiment, I haven't heard anything during the offseason to warrant another team taking a serious look at him.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:46 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.

He has every much of a right to be here as you do.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:54 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.

He has every much of a right to be here as you do.

I don't believe you.

And, I want you to know, I threw out a joke at the expense of the Ducks and Phil Knight today in a meeting, and it killed. That's really all I wanted to say.

Carry on...
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:16 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Pe, why'd you have to bait them right off the bat? I actually do enjoy reading viewpoints from fans of other teams most of the time, and you just took a crap on the thread before it had a chance to take off, forcing them to go on the defensive. :|

Or, it forced more detail?

It's not like this is something new...I always "encourage" outside opinions in this forum. I do it, ALOT. Marvin49 added a lot to the #1 QB thread after I said something yesterday.

Oh, and I'm kind of an asshole.

Jus a lil bit, but we have come to expect that from you.......LOL
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:56 pm

ouch. That sucks. lol.

Its actually kind of interesting. Only one of those players (Culliver) and like 2 undrafted rookies are not going to play at all this year (I'd put Lattimore in this category, but there's still a chance he plays if he continues his rapid rehab and we have major injuries at RB). Thats like $1mil tops. The rest will come back. It'll be interesting to see all of our roster moves throughout the year. We have to make room for these guys coming back from injury.
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:01 pm
  • mretrade wrote:No. Make me. I was born in the 206 and I have ever right to be here as you do. And all these 49ers posts make me more compelled to continue to post and I add to the discussion. I am a 49er fan but I am also a football fan. :0190l:

BANDWAGON ALERT.

You should be publicly flogged by the residents of Enumclaw. But sure.. you have a right to be here. Especially if you ate your Merry Massacre crow like the few notables.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 pm

ouch. That sucks. lol.

Saw this for the Seahawks

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle
    Seahawks have $5.3M in dead money ($4M is Flynn), $1.98M on IR (Jesse Mccoy Simon Fenner) $5.4M on PUP (mostly Harvin), $405k on NFI

Seahawks have $13M on IR, PUP, Dead Money and NFI. that counts against the salary cap as does practice squad (about $750k-$1M)
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:04 am
  • I thought the 49ers kind of bombed rounds 1 and 2 this year. I thought all three of those prospects were grossly over-rated before the draft. If the 49ers did take McDonald away from us, then we should send Baalke a gift basket. McDonald is a project with stone hands, meanwhile Seattle got Christine Michael who has a very, very bright future and (if I heard correctly) is leading the NFL in rushing this preseason, even though he missed a game.

But after that, it got a lot better. Lemonier, Dial, Daniels, Marquardt, maybe Patton, those were all players I wanted for Seattle. I think Lattimore will look great behind SF's run blocking, but I didn't think much of him as a prospect as he is allergic to the big play and can't stay healthy, ever. Seattle's D is really strong against slow to average speed RBs but can get gouged by the Reggie Bushes and CJ Spillers of the league, so I was actually relieved when I saw SF invest in an average speed RB who decidedly lacks HR ability (I think Lattimore had just one run over 25 yards in his last season, something like that).

Michael aside, I wasn't thrilled with Seattle's draft either. It has gotten off to a fairly poor start, although Seattle did some very nice things in UDFA. Mayowa, Brooks, and Bailey have been better than most of our draft picks.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:30 am
  • I feel like its impossible for any Seahawk fans to like what we did. Kearly, both Reid and McDonald have looked fantastic early. With Reid, I would of preferred a guy with better coverage skills but he has the speed to have good range at the next level. He has more talent than Goldson did coming out (I am on record as to saying Goldson is highly over rated years ago). McDonald is said to drop the easy ones but he has looked like an absolute beast this preseason. And Tank is I believe on the PUP, but he was a guy I wanted well before the draft started.

I am impartial to division rivals. AKA I think Christine Michael is a stud.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:33 am
  • mretrade wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.

No. Make me.

That challenge was directed towards me, right?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 am
  • kearly wrote:I thought the 49ers kind of bombed rounds 1 and 2 this year. I thought all three of those prospects were grossly over-rated before the draft. If the 49ers did take McDonald away from us, then we should send Baalke a gift basket. McDonald is a project with stone hands, meanwhile Seattle got Christine Michael who has a very, very bright future and (if I heard correctly) is leading the NFL in rushing this preseason, even though he missed a game.

But after that, it got a lot better. Lemonier, Dial, Daniels, Marquardt, maybe Patton, those were all players I wanted for Seattle. I think Lattimore will look great behind SF's run blocking, but I didn't think much of him as a prospect as he is allergic to the big play and can't stay healthy, ever. Seattle's D is really strong against slow to average speed RBs but can get gouged by the Reggie Bushes and CJ Spillers of the league, so I was actually relieved when I saw SF invest in an average speed RB who decidedly lacks HR ability (I think Lattimore had just one run over 25 yards in his last season, something like that).

Michael aside, I wasn't thrilled with Seattle's draft either. It has gotten off to a fairly poor start, although Seattle did some very nice things in UDFA. Mayowa, Brooks, and Bailey have been better than most of our draft picks.

Well...it is very early so you can't make too many definitive conclusions...

...but Reid has looked really good. He isn't as much of a "downhill" player as Goldson was but I'm not sure how much of that is his style and how much is him still learning. Goldson didn't always play that way either. When Reid has gone full bore it was impressive. His arms are LOOOOONGGGGG. LOL. It looks unnatural. So for so good with Reid.

Really can't say anything on Carradine. I really like him, but he is still recovering from the torn ACL. We haven't seen him yet.

McDonald. Who knows...you may end up being right...but so far he's been fantastic. When he gets the ball, you notice. He doesn't run like a TE...he seems much faster than his 40 time and moves athletically (not big and stiff like your average 6'4 270lbs TE). The play that really stands out for me is a play in the 3rd quarter (1:11:17 of the below link) where he hurdles a DB. He seems to stand out every time he catches the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVVMK5uW6yc

He's had some dropsies admittedly (something that goes back to college), but so did the guy he's replacing (Delanie Walker).

I know what you are saying about Lattimore. I can see it on all of the video that I've seen on him. Even when he was 100% healthy, he was never anything resembling a burner. I also worry that his running style simply lends itself to leg injuries. The first one really wasn't a case of that as he was blocking and not running when he got rolled up on, but I do have that concern.

At the same time tho, Frank was never a burner either (or at least post knee injuries).

Michael looks really good. I'm kinda the opposite tho...I think the Niners have more trouble with bigger, bruising backs than quick, fast guys. I think its because while the 49ers front 7 is really, really good and really, really fast, they are NOT really big. They only gave up 4 100 yards games to individual runners last year....and two of them were Marshawn. Another was Steven Jackson. Ahmad Bradshaw was the last (not big, but physical).
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    mretrade wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:
    Get off of our boards.

No. Make me.

That challenge was directed towards me, right?

Beware Mods. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:43 pm
  • kearly wrote:I thought the 49ers kind of bombed rounds 1 and 2 this year. I thought all three of those prospects were grossly over-rated before the draft. If the 49ers did take McDonald away from us, then we should send Baalke a gift basket. McDonald is a project with stone hands, meanwhile Seattle got Christine Michael who has a very, very bright future and (if I heard correctly) is leading the NFL in rushing this preseason, even though he missed a game.

lol, yes...the 49ers bombed rounds 1 and 2 this year. We got an instant impact starter on a consensus top 5 defense, a player who slipped due to his current injury but by all accounts would have been a 1st rounder if not for said injury, and a TE who is big, fast, athletic, and can make amazing catches with his reach/radius.

The 49ers top 3 picks (our 1st and 2nd round picks) are going to be HUGE contributors.
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:55 pm
  • Jeez, who's probably more likely to be right: Kearly, who does this for a living and is pretty much impartial when it comes to evaluating players and drafts, or a bunch of Niner fans with the combined football knowledge of a peanut (and Marvin, who I am not including in the peanut thing but who is as blissfully biased as most of us)?
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information