Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Chargers moving to LA

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Chargers moving to LA
Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: Chargers moving to LA
Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:35 pm
  • I don't like this move, I think the NFL is better off as a whole if they remain in SD. Chargers will always be the red headed step-child in LA.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1168
    Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 am
    Location: The Desert


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm
  • Maybe I'm an insensitive jerk face but I don't think this is a huge deal. 120 miles, that's less than Seattle to Portland.
    Chargers fans should still be able to watch their team on TV. I can see how it would be a PITA if you had season tix to every game, but most fans don't have season tix.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22280
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 pm
  • So one team moves a bit North and another a bit farther South. I think the Chargers are going to be a pain in the ass for the Rams to cohabitate with.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21106
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:54 pm
  • Pointless move. I think the Chargers are only doing this for two reasons; 1) They think the move will "rejuvenate" the fan base and franchise. 2) It's the cool thing to do at the moment.

    In ten years they'll be back in San Diego when they realize how stupid they look with them and the Rams in the same city.
    User avatar
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 404
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:55 am
  • They should just combine the two teams. Call them the LA Chramps and be done with it.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1395
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:52 am
  • Congrats Chargers for becoming the NFL version of the Clippers.

    Spanos is one of the worst owners in sports.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11122
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:04 am
  • I hate this. San Diego has supported that team for many years and there is no market for 2 teams in L.A.

    I should know, I lived there.

    This is terrible.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:54 am
  • Sounds like the will be changing more than the location they call home.

    Revealing new logo today. Image
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 15788
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:04 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I hate this. San Diego has supported that team for many years and there is no market for 2 teams in L.A.

    I should know, I lived there.

    This is terrible.



    There's a market there, completely untapped. Rams only getting an 8.3 share. Can you get them to watch is the question. But it makes sense why the keep trying it; 2nd largest TV market.

    Anyway, comparing the LA during its previous NFL experience to its situation now is apples and oranges. NFL wasn't nearly the beast it is today.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1424
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 am
  • They will be playing at the Stubhub Center next year...really? A 27,000 stadium. Never thought i'd see the day an NFL team would be subtenant to a MLS team.

    There argument is that it's closer to Orange County/San Diego. Why not just play in San Diego till the new stadium is built? Crowds will suck but surely more than the 27,000 at StubHub Center. This is dumb.

    The Rams have hardly been a roaring success in LA so far, whats to think a second team would.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1059
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:35 am
  • I live in Orange County right now. There are a few things to discuss:

    1) Most of the LA natives are not into professional football. It isn't like Seattle, Chicago, etc. You never get the same vibe here.

    2) People that do love the NFL here.. moved from other cities, and they are still supporting their old teams.

    3) Before the Rams moved here, I used to be able to watch all the good matchups on local channels and that made the ratings better than what the numbers show for this year. No one wants to watch the Rams (yet).

    4) Sunday Ticket subscriptions might go up but I am not sure if the TV ratings are going up.

    5) Things might change if the teams improve but then again it's LA. There's plenty of other things to do here since there's always something going on. if you're not doing well as a sports franchise, people are too quick to get up & go to the beach or something. In other cities, plenty of people watch their teams play on TV even when they are not good.


    We will see how chargers are going to fit in with the Rams. LA is a weird city for football even though it's the second biggest TV market in the country.
    User avatar
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2314
    Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm
    Location: Irvine, California


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:43 am
  • I'm up in Irvine quite a bit for work, and everytime I ask around, no one really seems to care that the Rams are back to LA - in fact lots of them barely realize it and don't even know they suck so bad. As you said, seems like a big non-issue and everyone likes the team they already have (where they are from, or who they have liked for years).

    I noticed this at the games as well, most of the opposing team fans were actually from LA - just fans of the other team.

    I think Chargers are stupid for this move, but it's a greed move (same as was Kroenke's). They will likely market harder in Orange County since that is closer to San Diego, and they claim 25% of their fan base is already from the OC.

    They will also probably be fine with selling tickets to the opposing fans, hey, they will now most certainly be hosting a HOME RAIDER game once a year!

    Some die-hard Charger fans will keep up a main base, but even with the further distant move - I think the Rams had a larger die-hard fan base to start with this year since we were already in LA. A lot of the Charger fan base are the pissed off SD fans, Kroenke didn't need to rely on the StL base in LA.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:57 am
  • btw, there is still a tiny sliver of hope for San Diego fans that this is all a last ditch effort to see if the NFL or Kroenke will contribute any more money.

    I don't think he's bluffing, but I do kinda still think his first choice is San Diego if he was given more $$$ for the stadium.

    By going with Los Angeles Chargers and a logo that heavily resembles the Los Angeles Dodgers though, he is kinda blatantly sticking it to San Diego.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 am
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:Pointless move. I think the Chargers are only doing this for two reasons; 1) They think the move will "rejuvenate" the fan base and franchise. 2) It's the cool thing to do at the moment.

    In ten years they'll be back in San Diego when they realize how stupid they look with them and the Rams in the same city.

    The organization is owned and operated by a slum lord. Dean Spanos wants a new modern stadium but he doesn't want to fork over a dime of his own money for it. Spanos gave an ultimatum.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:34 am
  • Chargers new logo looks pretty close to the LA Dodgers. Well, the logo they put on their twitter account anyway, who knows what their actual plan is. They are also using the same colors Rams have been using in LA.
    Attachments
    Logos .png
    Logos .png (85.83 KiB) Viewed 473 times
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:44 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    They will also probably be fine with selling tickets to the opposing fans, hey, they will now most certainly be hosting a HOME RAIDER game once a year!


    I've seen this said quite a few times on Twitter, that the locals in LA, the natives who are into the NFL are Raider fans. That the Raiders still own LA. Is this true?
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6510
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    They will also probably be fine with selling tickets to the opposing fans, hey, they will now most certainly be hosting a HOME RAIDER game once a year!


    I've seen this said quite a few times on Twitter, that the locals in LA, the natives who are into the NFL are Raider fans. That the Raiders still own LA. Is this true?


    There at still many native LA Rams fans (as evidenced by the quick ticket sell out), so own may be too strong, - but there are tons of Raider fans in LA. In fact, it was noteworthy that the NFL declared the Raiders the main TV market for LA this year, even with the Rams back.

    LA is mostly transplants, so there are so many different team's fans that no one team owns the market right now - Rams certainly didn't take it over this year.

    Rams fans and Raider fans don't hate each other, so I haven't seen much of an issue with it. However, Raider fans and Charger fans loathe each other as much as any two teams in the NFL. Raiders @Chargers is a violent game in SD, it's going to be even worse in LA and probably 95% Raider fans.

    For the Rams, it's better that the Chargers are moving to LA and not the Raiders. If the Raiders moved back, with them playing so well - they would be the most popular LA team.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:Chargers new logo looks pretty close to the LA Dodgers. Well, the logo they put on their twitter account anyway, who knows what their actual plan is. They are also using the same colors Rams have been using in LA.



    According to NFL Live, this is NOT a logo. It is simply some type of marketing thing. Supposedly, the logo has not been decided upon.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 787
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:27 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Chargers new logo looks pretty close to the LA Dodgers. Well, the logo they put on their twitter account anyway, who knows what their actual plan is. They are also using the same colors Rams have been using in LA.



    According to NFL Live, this is NOT a logo. It is simply some type of marketing thing. Supposedly, the logo has not been decided upon.


    It's what they are using officially on their social media accounts, so it's publicly being used as a logo (NFL approved or not) - it's pissing off San Diego fans, who are upset they are using LA Chargers and who as Padre fans also HATE the Dodgers.

    So, it's being used on purpose. Pretty much a "shove it" to San Diego.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:34 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Chargers new logo looks pretty close to the LA Dodgers. Well, the logo they put on their twitter account anyway, who knows what their actual plan is. They are also using the same colors Rams have been using in LA.



    According to NFL Live, this is NOT a logo. It is simply some type of marketing thing. Supposedly, the logo has not been decided upon.


    It's what they are using officially on their social media accounts, so it's publicly being used as a logo (NFL approved or not) - it's pissing off San Diego fans, who are upset they are using LA Chargers and who as Padre fans also HATE the Dodgers.

    So, it's being used on purpose. Pretty much a "shove it" to San Diego.


    Once again proving what a giant POS Spanos is.

    Thank you baby Jesus for Paul Allen. :179417:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11122
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:34 pm
  • Charger fans already had mocking logo shirts for their protest at their stadium this morning. They were fast.
    Attachments
    Charger Protest.png
    Charger Protest.png (244.21 KiB) Viewed 434 times
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:11 pm
  • replicant wrote:Good article on all the money to be made by teams moving to a new city/stadium.

    The Chargers' pending move to L.A. exposes the NFL's truth when it comes to fans

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the ... li=BBnb7Kz


    "Every seat in Levi's Stadium — all 68,500 of them — was treated like a piece of real estate, and the 49ers sold licenses to buy the rights to sit in those seats for games. The one-time cost varied between $2,000 and $80,000.

    That's not the cost of season tickets — that's just the cost for the right to buy season tickets — and it's a lifetime contract. The 49ers didn't invent the practice, but they sure did profit off it."


    How does anyone afford to buy season tickets? Even if you could, why would you want to pay for such a convoluted scheme. SMH
    Adopt a rookie 2017-Delano Hall, S, Michigan

    Image
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2858
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm
  • FlyHawksFly wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I hate this. San Diego has supported that team for many years and there is no market for 2 teams in L.A.

    I should know, I lived there.

    This is terrible.



    There's a market there, completely untapped. Rams only getting an 8.3 share. Can you get them to watch is the question. But it makes sense why the keep trying it; 2nd largest TV market.

    Anyway, comparing the LA during its previous NFL experience to its situation now is apples and oranges. NFL wasn't nearly the beast it is today.


    Whatever dude, you will see. In time this is an epic FAIL, and tragic for faithful Chargers fans...It blows.

    I moved to Texas a year and a half ago. While I was still in Culver City CA. the day the Hawks were playing GB in the championship game I went to the store to get some items. I stopped to put a check into the B of A cash machine and some guy in the left turn lane on Venice BLVD. was screaming at me because I was wearing a Seahawk jersey from his car, about how awesome the RAIDERS are and will be again. He kept screaming well after making his turn.

    That city has not let go of the L.A. Raiders and the Rams are still going to suck with Goff and whatever coach they have.

    The Chargers are at the end of the Rivers era and will be rebuilding. And will suck as well.

    The people in LA will NOT support losers. Look at the Clippers for validation.

    This is a greed move by Spanos, and he screwed his fans and I hope he falls HARD.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 am
  • February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11122
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Chargers moving to LA
Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:33 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:



    Ouch
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1684
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah




It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests