Carr to get top end money

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":37o3wb7t said:
I don't get how any Seahawk fan could have been a fan of Oakland. They were a major division rival. Now I think most Hawk fans just "don't hate" them anymore. I sure as hell will not root for them. Actually, I could care less about them. Meh..

If you could care less about them, why don't you then?

RedAlice

Reaction score
BostonBlackie":24ejybfj said:
pmedic920":24ejybfj said:
Seahwkgal":24ejybfj said:
I don't get how any Seahawk fan could have been a fan of Oakland. They were a major division rival. Now I think most Hawk fans just "don't hate" them anymore. I sure as hell will not root for them. Actually, I could care less about them. Meh..

You wouldn't "root" for them if they were playing the Pat's in the AFCCG ?

Why would anyone but an Oakland resident do that?

I'm not sure whether to ask if you are implying that only Oakland residents love the Raiders (obviously wrong), or if you mean that only people who reside in a team's hometown love that team (obviously wrong).

So I'll just not ask you anything.

As a Rams fan, I'd always "root" for the Raiders over the Pats. I hate the Pats. I hate the Chargers. Raiders can hopefully get some traction against both of them in the coming years. Go Raiders.

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
RedAlice":3r9dgjeg said:
BostonBlackie":3r9dgjeg said:
pmedic920":3r9dgjeg said:
Seahwkgal":3r9dgjeg said:

I'm not sure whether to ask if you are implying that only Oakland residents love the Raiders (obviously wrong), or if you mean that only people who reside in a team's hometown love that team (obviously wrong).

As a Rams fan, I'd always "root" for the Raiders over the Pats. I hate the Pats. I hate the Chargers. Raiders can hopefully get some traction against both of them in the coming years. Go Raiders.

Well certainly anyone has the right to root for anyone they want, so there's that. But frankly, and this is another discussion really, the only true fan is the fan who lives where the team resides. They are the only ones directly impacted by that franchise "living", contributing, and impacting them in all the ways a professional team within a community does. You are a prime example. To say you hate, your word, the Patriots, is a purely irrational, emotional, response, based on nothing but the firing of a few electrical impulses in your brain. Those electric charges are your only connection to the purposed event.

mistaowen

Reaction score
BostonBlackie":3d99fjy4 said:
RedAlice":3d99fjy4 said:
BostonBlackie":3d99fjy4 said:
pmedic920":3d99fjy4 said:

Well certainly anyone has the right to root for anyone they want, so there's that. But frankly, and this is another discussion really, the only true fan is the fan who lives where the team resides. They are the only ones directly impacted by that franchise "living", contributing, and impacting them in all the ways a professional team within a community does. You are a prime example. To say you hate, your word, the Patriots, is a purely irrational, emotional, response, based on nothing but the firing of a few electrical impulses in your brain. Those electric charges are your only connection to the purposed event.

Wow, very deep.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Carr can go *mod edit* after completely unnecessarily throwing shade at RW and the Seahawks. He has not done anything in the league . . . Not even a playoff game. Talk talk talk a day after that money. Definitely all about the 'team' winning while sitting on 25m/year contract lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":po5kur1o said:
Carr can go *mod edit* after completely unnecessarily throwing shade at RW and the Seahawks. He has not done anything in the league . . . Not even a playoff game. Talk talk talk a day after that money. Definitely all about the 'team' winning while sitting on 25m/year contract lol.

That wasn't shade that was a black thunder cloud, the bigger thing is it is also a indication of how much the other players in the league may have thought about Bevells call and since Lynch is in Oakland and I am sure it has been brought up how much it pissed off Lynch for Carr to use it as an example.

Truth hurts and we have discussed this topic a few times here, Shade yes, Untruth, no.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":7d5vivxh said:
Seahwkgal":7d5vivxh said:

If you could care less about them, why don't you then?
BUAHAHAHAHA. Grammar Nazi'ing it up; love it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":xdouwg53 said:
Coug_Hawk08":xdouwg53 said:

That wasn't shade that was a black thunder cloud, the bigger thing is it is also a indication of how much the other players in the league may have thought about Bevells call and since Lynch is in Oakland and I am sure it has been brought up how much it pissed off Lynch for Carr to use it as an example.

Truth hurts and we have discussed this topic a few times here, Shade yes, Untruth, no.
The call was perfectly correct as it exploited a weakness in their defense; just missed out ever so closely on execution and Butler made a sensational play. And Carr doesn't have the cache to be running his mouth like this yet. Raiders will be lucky to win their division.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":t3ow41y1 said:
chris98251":t3ow41y1 said:
Coug_Hawk08":t3ow41y1 said:
Carr can go F himself after completely unnecessarily throwing shade at RW and the Seahawks. He has not done anything in the league . . . Not even a playoff game. Talk talk talk a day after that money. Definitely all about the 'team' winning while sitting on 25m/year contract lol.

The call was perfectly correct as it exploited a weakness in their defense; just missed out ever so closely on execution and Butler made a sensational play. And Carr doesn't have the cache to be running his mouth like this yet. Raiders will be lucky to win their division.

Did someone rattle their zipper or just bring Bevell into the conversation. I didn't pay the 5 dollars for the first choice so it must be the second and look who's here.

253hawk

Reaction score
Carr will run the play the coach calls, just like any QB would...assuming he even sniffs a SB.

Has he ever even watched our games? Lynch had a propensity for fumbling in goal-line situations.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":c2a7cwo2 said:
chris98251":c2a7cwo2 said:
Coug_Hawk08":c2a7cwo2 said:
Carr can go F himself after completely unnecessarily throwing shade at RW and the Seahawks. He has not done anything in the league . . . Not even a playoff game. Talk talk talk a day after that money. Definitely all about the 'team' winning while sitting on 25m/year contract lol.

Gotta love the over the top defense of Bevell, and the Seahawks as a whole, for the biggest abortion of a play call/execution of a terrible play call in one of the biggest moments possible in the game of football. "Exploited a weakness", maybe, but also went completely away from their identity and who they were at the time. They threw the ball to their worst receiver rather than give it to their best player because who the hell knows what they were smoking.

Honestly, we/they/whoever deserve all the jokes we get after that disaster. I say, keep bringing it, hopefully it will fire up the team knowing that the rest of the league thinks of them as the bully who finally got pantsed in front of the whole school.

Having said all this, I'd love it if the Seahawks beat the Raiders on a last minute Carr INT in the endzone. His jokes are on point, but he's a punkass for even ragging on us because he's never done jack. I'm sure he's heard from Marshawn though about how and why everything went down the way it did at XLIX. Still much rather prefer getting revenge on the Pats, but this scenario would be a close 2nd.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":11zn11oj said:
Siouxhawk":11zn11oj said:
chris98251":11zn11oj said:
Coug_Hawk08":11zn11oj said:

Gotta love the over the top defense of Bevell, and the Seahawks as a whole, for the biggest abortion of a play call/execution of a terrible play call in one of the biggest moments possible in the game of football. "Exploited a weakness", maybe, but also went completely away from their identity and who they were at the time. They threw the ball to their worst receiver rather than give it to their best player because who the hell knows what they were smoking.

Honestly, we/they/whoever deserve all the jokes we get after that disaster. I say, keep bringing it, hopefully it will fire up the team knowing that the rest of the league thinks of them as the bully who finally got pantsed in front of the whole school.

Having said all this, I'd love it if the Seahawks beat the Raiders on a last minute Carr INT in the endzone. His jokes are on point, but he's a punkass for even ragging on us because he's never done jack. I'm sure he's heard from Marshawn though about how and why everything went down the way it did at XLIX. Still much rather prefer getting revenge on the Pats, but this scenario would be a close 2nd.
You can think what you want, but from an Xs and Os and strategic standpoint, it was the proper call. And Lockette was not their worst receiver for that situation. He was tasked to dart parallel to the line of scrimmage and then look for the ball at a spot. But he telegraphed the play too soon when he turned and looked for the ball early. The missed jam by Kearse allowed Butler to close in and make the pick.
I love Marshawn, but he also contributed to the loss when he failed to carry out his route on a fourth-quarter pass down the right sideline. He gave up on a ball that was very catchable and likely would have sealed the win, but he inexplicably pulled up short on the route. Never understood that.
And I'm in agreement that Carr is writing checks with his mouth that his performance hasn't backed up yet. They play in a tough division and really haven't proven anything yet.

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
mistaowen":s7i27h9u said:
BostonBlackie":s7i27h9u said:
RedAlice":s7i27h9u said:
BostonBlackie":s7i27h9u said:

Wow, very deep.

Another one of these long distance fans.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":c15rcydr said:
I can't speak for Chris but my situation was before the Hawks Seattle had nothing.
You saw the Raiders,San Fran and the game of the week teams including Monday night.
I got Raiders stuff for Christmas because I liked watching Stabler,Branch and Tatum.
When we got the Hawks all the Raiders stuff went into the trash.
The Colts are my AFC team since I'm here now but I can see why some will pick Oak as their AFC team.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":x3enbab7 said:
Seahwkgal":x3enbab7 said:
I can't speak for Chris but my situation was before the Hawks Seattle had nothing.
You saw the Raiders,San Fran and the game of the week teams including Monday night.
I got Raiders stuff for Christmas because I liked watching Stabler,Branch and Tatum.
The Colts are my AFC team since I'm here now but I can see why some will pick Oak as their AFC team.
Pretty much nails it, plus the Raiders were one team that said they were going to do something and went and did it and didn't care what people thought.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I liked the Raiders. Loved my Hawks but the Raiders were fun to watch.
Now, I hope we stomp a mud hole in their entire existence, based on lil Carr and his punk ass presser comments. Bro Lynch will always be my man, 100 grand but boy oh Boy I can't wait for Sherm to pick6 Carr or Bennett to knock him out of the game on a legal sack! Call it what you want.

Josea16

Reaction score
hgwellz12":5f3feaus said:
I liked the Raiders. Loved my Hawks but the Raiders were fun to watch.
Now, I hope we stomp a mud hole in their entire existence, based on lil Carr and his punk ass presser comments. Bro Lynch will always be my man, 100 grand but boy oh Boy I can't wait for Sherm to pick6 Carr or Bennett to knock him out of the game on a legal sack! Call it what you want.
Please, let us meet in Minnesota. I am waiting for Chris to either pick a team or have his head explode. I hate the Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers barely less then the Steelers and Patriots. Barely.

I'm not a 38er. I'm 11-15 years later. I'm a dark years
man I was expecting the Seahawks to be in California. This era has been unimaginable to me but I'm so totally in to the end that you can't imagine. Crap OL aside we have a franchise quarterback so we're in the playoff hunt no matter what.

kobebryant

Reaction score
What a great draft. Mack then Carr, that's how you win at the top of a draft. Refreshing to see,considering how many teams blow those opportunities.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":24up6alg said:
Seahwkgal":24up6alg said:
I don't actually have an AFC team. My second favorite team is the Lions because of location.
Anyways, I WAS "meh" about Oakland until Punk Carr took a jab at Wilson. The hate is starting to come back. Yep.