Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Elliott is lucky he still has a job. Most employers would fire/terminate employees who did the same thing he did. Do you believe they would have waited until the legal system took its course....hell no, they wouldn't.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830169/article/ezekiel-elliott-files-appeal-to-sixgame-suspension[/urltargetblank]

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott officially filed his notice of appeal to the six-game suspension he received last week for violating the league's personal conduct policy, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The NFL Players Association confirmed the appeal filing a short time later.

The filing comes four days after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Elliott after a year-long domestic violence investigation by the league determined there is "substantial" evidence that he assaulted a woman identifying herself as his former girlfriend.

A date for Elliott's appeal hearing must be scheduled within 10 days of the notice of appeal.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830169/article/ezekiel-elliott-files-appeal-to-sixgame-suspension[/urltargetblank]

Goodell ... will appoint his designee Harold Henderson as Ezekiel Elliott's appeal hearing officer, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Henderson heard former NFL defensive end Greg Hardy's domestic violence appeal in 2015, when his suspension was dropped from 10 to four games.

Elliott's appeal hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 29, Rapoport and Pelissero reported.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/897863415313698816[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was hoping for a long drawn out appeal............like maybe settled by week 12 so Elliott's suspended for week 15.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":25ucr071 said:
I was hoping for a long drawn out appeal............like maybe settled by week 12 so Elliott's suspended for week 15.

No worries, he'll have so much free time on his hands, he'll probably get himself in trouble again long before that :twisted:

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Jville":2nh7rd3b said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/897863415313698816[/tweet]

If true, Elliot's appeal will get rejected before it ever gets started. This is a common practice unfortunately and is absolutely disgusting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":1uobovu8 said:
Sgt. Largent":1uobovu8 said:

No worries, he'll have so much free time on his hands, he'll probably get himself in trouble again long before that :twisted:
Vegas would take that bet off the board. He has that Aldon Smith mentality when it comes to trouble. It's not a matter of if but when. The guy likes his booze and drugs and has been told his shit don't stink all of his life, not a good
Combo of things.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2nov76p7 said:
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2017/08/on-the-zeke-elliott-suspension-even-a-liar-can-be-beaten-and-choked/?ref=mpw

If much of this is true, he shouldn't not only be banned forever from playing in the NFL, but in jail.

Sorta reminds me of a mini-Seattle Times/Jerramy Stevens novel of an article from so many moons ago. Stevens by the way (I think) only served a one time one game league suspension for all of his heinousness.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":1pordsje said:
Sports Hernia":1pordsje said:
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2017/08/on-the-zeke-elliott-suspension-even-a-liar-can-be-beaten-and-choked/?ref=mpw

If much of this is true, he shouldn't not only be banned forever from playing in the NFL, but in jail.

Sorta reminds me of a mini-Seattle Times/Jerramy Stevens novel of an article from so many moons ago. Stevens by the way (I think) only served a one time one game league suspension for all of his heinousness.

You won't find many people here defending him

ctrcat

Reaction score
kidhawk":1xo5q3dm said:
ctrcat":1xo5q3dm said:
Sports Hernia":1xo5q3dm said:

You won't find many people here defending him

Please understand I wasn't saying anyone would and was not trying to change the course of the thread, but I did think about it while reading is all, so I thought there was relevance. Things are definitely different than they were 10 years ago.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yqam1xb said:
kidhawk":2yqam1xb said:
Sgt. Largent":2yqam1xb said:

Vegas would take that bet off the board. He has that Aldon Smith mentality when it comes to trouble. It's not a matter of if but when. The guy likes his booze and drugs and has been told his shit don't stink all of his life, not a good
Combo of things.

Are you down there....I will take 2 weeks or under at the strat if you are there......LMAO.

Heck, they probably have a bet on whether he gets off or not ......2:1 NO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ctrcat":31pn01kl said:
Sports Hernia":31pn01kl said:

I know you are trying to semi-troll here but I actually agree. Stevens would have been in jail many times if he wasn't a star player @ UW and the Hawks. The guy was/is a dirtbag, through and through, and I'm saying that as a huge UW/Hawks fan.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":z1k8ea74 said:
Sports Hernia":z1k8ea74 said:
kidhawk":z1k8ea74 said:
Sgt. Largent":z1k8ea74 said:

Combo of things.

Are you down there....I will take 2 weeks or under at the strat if you are there......LMAO.

Nope, might be in mid October. Matters on finances though.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2awbd2h8 said:
ctrcat":2awbd2h8 said:
Sports Hernia":2awbd2h8 said:

I know you are trying to semi-troll here but I actually agree. Stevens would have been in jail many times if he wasn't a star player @ UW and the Hawks. The guy was/is a dirtbag, through and through, and I'm saying that as a huge UW/Hawks fan.

Sorry if it came off as semi-troll. Zero troll intent. The article at the time was unreal, regardless of the ethics or lack thereof of the Times (which I do not read on the regular). Thanks for agreeing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ctrcat":3jnxhzwt said:
Sports Hernia":3jnxhzwt said:
ctrcat":3jnxhzwt said:
Sports Hernia":3jnxhzwt said:

Sorry if it came off as semi-troll. Zero troll intent. The article at the time was unreal, regardless of the ethics or lack thereof of the Times (which I do not read on the regular). Thanks for agreeing.
My apologies if I misinterpreted your post then.
:)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4j99h4xw said:
Seahawkfan80":4j99h4xw said:
Sports Hernia":4j99h4xw said:
kidhawk":4j99h4xw said:
Combo of things.

Nope, might be in mid October. Matters on finances though.

It was in jest my friend......But a lil trip down may not hurt me either especially when it is not 105 there. LOL

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000836816/article/ezekiel-elliotts-appeal-hearing-will-stretch-into-day-2[/urltargetblank]

Ezekiel Elliott's suspension appeal hearing in New York will stretch into a second day, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Tuesday.

Although the appeal hearing was still in progress after 5 p.m. ET Tuesday, it will resume on Wednesday, per Rapoport. The Dallas Cowboys running back is attending the appeal, which is being heard by arbitrator Harold Henderson. Elliott is scheduled to testify under oath at the hearing, Rapoport reported.