Lions got robbed

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
That was a game winning TD by Tate and they overturned it. Terrible call the review system is a just judgement call. No point of having reviews they can't get it right.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":oc1lh1tw said:
That was a game winning TD by Tate and they overturned it. Terrible call the review system is a just judgement call. No point of having reviews they can't get it right.

Meh.
He got the call that mattered to us... :D

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
ITate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

400WattHPSHawk":21ke2zfr said:
Meh.

Good memory. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":qeemj1hx said:
It's hilarious that Hawk fans are complaining about calls.

How many wins do you guys have in the Pete Carroll era that involved questionable calls?

The irony here is the game today involved both

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

You guys remember games involving these 2 in Seattle?

BTW, Tate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

400WattHPSHawk":qeemj1hx said:
Meh.

It's hilarious you are here trolling.

I remember your team blew a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl,
All your team had to do is run the ball and melt the clock.

Sad part is I was rooting for your team because I hate The Cheatriots and they let me down!

cymatica

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":29fjk188 said:

How many wins do you guys have in the Pete Carroll era that involved questionable calls?

3. And you could argue them either way, none were "bad" calls. There have been many more where Seattle was hosed all game, and even statistics proving ref bias a few years back. You just have a perception because the sports media obsessed over a few calls.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":f7nduzgr said:

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

BTW, Tate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

400WattHPSHawk":f7nduzgr said:
Meh.

Lost a Super Bowl due to biased officiating taking double digit points away during the game.

mistaowen

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1smbuxfq said:

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

400WattHPSHawk":1smbuxfq said:
Meh.

28-3. Funny you're back posting now when the Falcons are winning. You got super quiet after the Pats made your team the butt end of every NFL joke for the entire offseason.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Knee down? Yes. The question then comes - when was he touched for down by contact? Looks to me like he is being touched in the photo. But that can be an illusion. I would say they got the call right. I would also like to add that a Falcons fan coming in here throwing that kind of mud around is the equivalent of bringing a knife to a gun fight. You'll get no respect here.
Sounds like someone is still butt hurt over a certain play without acknowledgement of the "full" play.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I like what the linesman is looking at. Cant tell by the pic if he is touched before the catch or after the catch or during. The guy closest to us is not..but cant see the guy behind the receiver. Could be a knee swipe after the catch.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Julio Jones got away with hands to the face at the start of that play.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I thought the call of Golden being down was correct. Though it would have been nice if the refs had got it correct on the field initially, and seen a fire drill to see if Stafford could get em lined up in time to run a 4th down sneak. The runoff rule makes sense too, unfortunately it hurts one team more than the other depending on which way the initial call goes. I'm not sure I have an idea of how to make it better; of course it would only happen to Detroit of all teams.

My one qualm may be that it looks like Golden is down at :11 and not :8.

I like Golden and I like DQ - so either way. But, this is one step further towards the NFC playoffs going through the Georgia Dome, which poses obvious issues should the Hawks pull it together.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pjbe0rx said:

Sad part is I was rooting for your team because I hate The Cheatriots and they let me down!

Nobody is here trolling.. I'm posting in NFL Nation.

I am disappointed though. Is that really the best you could do? Really? Was it supposed to hurt my feelings?

Sure it was a brutal loss... the whole world knows the Pats didn't win that Super Bowl... the Falcons lost it. The bone headed play calling by Shanahan cost us the win...

... we probably should have handed it to Marshawn... oh... I mean Freeman.

Life goes on...

mistaowen":1pjbe0rx said:
28-3. Funny you're back posting now when the Falcons are winning. You got super quiet after the Pats made your team the butt end of every NFL joke for the entire offseason.

I think every Falcons fan got super quiet... but you guys know that feeling after 49.

Rest assured though... we've moved on. It's a new season.. and I'll still be bleeding Falcons red.

But yes, WE BLEW THE SUPER BOWL ON A NATIONAL STAGE IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE... MY TEAM FAILED!

There you go.

Nobody here cares about last season... the Falcons know what they left on the field. It's time to go get it.

Cya in November.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Go to the Shack if you all want to take runs at each other.

OP
OP
Seahaaaawks

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Well the 6 replays on redzone slowed down didn't show that. Even the announcer was surprised. Didn't see that angle I guess

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":v4x2uxad said:
FalconsFanNW":v4x2uxad said:

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

400WattHPSHawk":v4x2uxad said:
Meh.

Then he said this:

It's all good man... Just got a text from my brother in GA. He said "I knew the Atlanta I knew would show up eventually. I'm done with the Falcons I'll never watch another down."

Now that I think about it I'm gonna do the same. The team will never get over this and will forever be labeled for the biggest choke job ever.

Just done with it. So many let downs with the Braves and now the Falcons. To hell with the

Fans
Always
Left
Counting
On
Next
Season

Meh.

Not even mad just kinda in a state of shock. Either way there's no way I'm ever gonna subject myself to the constant trolling that will come from being a Falcons fan.

Not gonna do it. Screw this team. LOL. Later guys.

253hawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1xi3li0e said:
ITate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

Except for the part where they ran all the rest of the time off of the clock, not allowing Detroit to run another play. An absolutely atrocious rule that penalized a team for the referee's error. If they'd have ruled it down, Detroit has a chance to get one more play off. So they didn't get it right at all.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
253hawk":k9pq43cr said:
FalconsFanNW":k9pq43cr said:

Except for the part where they ran all the rest of the time off of the clock, not allowing Detroit to run another play. An absolutely atrocious rule that penalized a team for the referee's error. If they'd have ruled it down, Detroit has a chance to get one more play off. So they didn't get it right at all.

Agreed. The refs get it wrong so the game is over. I hate that runoff rule and there needs to be an exception for situations like this. The Lions did nothing wrong in this scenario and were denied the chance of a last second 4th down. If this happened to NE, Dallas, Pitt, GB, etc ESPN and co would be all over it, clamoring for a rule change.