Are the eagles a legitimate competitor?

DJrmb

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/922626061271105536[/tweet]

Refs trying to send a message to the Eagles tonight after more than 60,000 signed a petition to ban ref Pete Morelli from officiating Eagles games? I wouldn't put it past them. I fully believe referee crews get butt hurt and hold grudges against teams that call them out or make them look bad...

Josea16

Reaction score
907Hawk":lqxh0a5s said:
That is a yes, they are a solid team.
Yep, just like Kansas City win pretty but have no sack. Look I realize the NNB hates that the Seahawks win ugly but reality is they win. Andy Reid is famous for winning pretty and getting smashed in the mouth by actual tough teams [Pittsburgh) and Philadelphia hasnt changed despite his departure.

Josea16

Reaction score
xkj1985x":2bttnz1e said:
Softy awfully confident.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/922669089499234304[/tweet]
He should be as should everyone else. They're soft.

Barakas

Reaction score
I'm no expert for sure but it looked to me that the eagles won by relying on the deep pass. I'm happy we have Earl.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Josea16":149z8n0t said:
907Hawk":149z8n0t said:
Yep, just like Kansas City win pretty but have no sack. Look I realize the NNB hates that the Seahawks win ugly but reality is they win. Andy Reid is famous for winning pretty and getting smashed in the mouth by actual tough teams [Pittsburgh) and Philadelphia hasnt changed despite his departure.

Ive watched this team put up a 6-1 record in the NFL, don't care if KC has no sack. They are legit, and what does NNB mean ?

Josea16

Reaction score
907Hawk":1df3hfyo said:
Josea16":1df3hfyo said:
907Hawk":1df3hfyo said:

Ive watched this team put up a 6-1 record in the NFL, don't care if KC has no sack. They are legit, and what does NNB mean ?
Kansas City and Philadelphia are SOFT luckily we will prove it in the Eagles case soon enough. NNB is Negative Nellie Brigade and we seem to 5-10 obvious ones currently. Must be maddening to be embarrassing wrong week by week. But hey, I work 40-45 hours a week and absolutely love teasing this miserable group of guys. Somehow most think it's a God given right to be 15-1 and Superbowl champions 15 straight years. Ridiculous. I watch the AFC and NFCE under protest weekly so yeah both are New Orleans soft version.

getnasty

Reaction score
Outside of there DL and maybe Zach Ertz absolutely nothing scares me about the Eagles. I just don't see that offense being able to move the ball up the field on us. Make them put drives together instead of getting big plays and they'll be in trouble.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
They seem to get a lot of yards on back yard football scramble drills, Wentz is pretty tough to sack. Love to take shots which makes me happy Earl Thomas is on this team.

Running game isn't great but they're a good screen pass team. Top offensive line but potentially losing Peters is huge. Ertz could cause some problems but we don't seem to be getting murdered by TE's this year. No WR's worry me.

Very strong DL, average LB and secondary. I'd say the game being in Seattle favors the Hawks. This would be the type of game setting the tone early with solid running would do wonders.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
mistaowen":19tb1w9q said:
They seem to get a lot of yards on back yard football scramble drills, Wentz is pretty tough to sack. Love to take shots which makes me happy Earl Thomas is on this team.

Running game isn't great but they're a good screen pass team. Top offensive line but potentially losing Peters is huge. Ertz could cause some problems but we don't seem to be getting murdered by TE's this year. No WR's worry me.

Very strong DL, average LB and secondary. I'd say the game being in Seattle favors the Hawks. This would be the type of game setting the tone early with solid running would do wonders.

Sounds like Peters is going to be out for about a month if the news on his MCL is accurate. May miss the Seahawks game but would be back for the playoffs.

I'm obviously an Eagles fan and have been here for a while but I think your assessment is in large part, correct....I do think the Seahawks win the game just on the fact that it's a home game here and a SNF game to boot.

I will say that Nelson Agholor did beat Sherm a few times last year but dropped two perfect balls. Nelson is a completely different guy this year and playing like the first round pick he was two years ago. Of course, Sherman will likely be covering Alshon most of the time but the way Carson spreads the ball around, you just never know.

Key in that game is going to be the Eagles DL and your OL. Russ is a magician and seems to make things happen even when the OL collapses. Eagles secondary should be in a much better spot then as well with Ronald Darby back and potentially Sidney Jones....still some mystery around that one, though.

Still got 5 1/2 weeks until the game but I see a 7 point Seahawks win.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
DJrmb":n9x2er30 said:

Refs trying to send a message to the Eagles tonight after more than 60,000 signed a petition to ban ref Pete Morelli from officiating Eagles games? I wouldn't put it past them. I fully believe referee crews get butt hurt and hold grudges against teams that call them out or make them look bad...

Honestly it was great listening to Gruden say flat out "that's just bad officiating" once or twice. Pereira and co. trying to make the sensitive egotistical zebras look competent, don't know what else I should have expected.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
xkj1985x":3tujdrf9 said:
Nevermind...Peters did tear his ACL/MCL. Done for the year.

Awful news, he's a great player. Joe Thomas going down as well. Tough week for premiere LT's in the NFL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":x9fj1p2h said:
DJrmb":x9fj1p2h said:

Honestly it was great listening to Gruden say flat out "that's just bad officiating" once or twice. Pereira and co. trying to make the sensitive egotistical zebras look competent, don't know what else I should have expected.

Best part of a Gruden broadcast, listening to him complain about the ticky tack officiating and stoppages.

After another terrible PI call: "This is the NFL isn't it?"

And he's right, there are too many head officials like Hochuli, Morelli and ESPECIALLY Gene Steratore who have to make the game about them and throw 30 flags a game. When your team leads the league in penalties called for like 10 years in a row? It's time for the league to step in and stop the nonsense.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'm not really sure how legit the Eagles are. I started to feel bad for the Skins with how many players were getting hurt last night. Made me wonder if they were going to have the bodies to even make it a game by the 4th quarter.

Wentz is looking really good and their offense is doing a great job of simplifying plays/reads for him. I highly doubt that they'll have the same type of production v. our defense, but I was impressed by what he showed last night. He seems pretty tough as well.

Ertz looks like he's one of the top TEs in the league now. An all-around player and fantastic receiver at the position. Locking him down and the secondary keeping plays in front of them is going to be paramount to winning, IMO.

Tough loss for them with Peters being out the remainder of the season.