49ers no longer 0 fers

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2m1np7be said:
Actually, there are a lot of disappointed 9er fans with the win.
These people need to be bitchslapped tbh. The Browns get the first pick almost every year, and look how great they are for it...

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2vxaojfw said:
Bobblehead":2vxaojfw said:
These people need to be bitchslapped tbh. The Browns get the first pick almost every year, and look how great they are for it...

Interesting fact: The 2016 season was the first time the Browns earned the #1 overall pick since the 1999 season, their first season back in the NFL as an expansion team. True, they haven't been very good in that span, but the Chargers and Texans have both earned the #1 pick twice between the last 2 times the Browns did it. Got any other myths you want to propagate?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
NINEster":1gt2ilm4 said:
Classic diversionary tactics of .NET. :D

BTW, I'm one of the few Niner fans who want a win next Sunday even if it costs us a few draft spots. It'd probably be worth it even if we had to pick 16th! :stirthepot: :mrgreen:

Do you truly believe this 1-9ers JV team has a chance in hell to beat the Seahawks?

:p

NINEster

Reaction score
hawknation2017":dev8eva2 said:
NINEster":dev8eva2 said:
Classic diversionary tactics of .NET. :D

BTW, I'm one of the few Niner fans who want a win next Sunday even if it costs us a few draft spots. It'd probably be worth it even if we had to pick 16th! :stirthepot: :mrgreen:

Do you truly believe this 1-9ers JV team has a chance in hell to beat the Seahawks?

:p

I can't believe the Niners covered the spread in week 2.

That's the shocking part in all of this.

Wouldn't be unreasonable to think they could cover it again.

Threedee

Reaction score
Blasted Giants!

I can absolutely believe that the Seahawks' atrocious offense won't cover a spread. When you have Bevell, you have the nemesis of all fans and all of Vegas.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":3brnqjq5 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3brnqjq5 said:
Bobblehead":3brnqjq5 said:

Interesting fact: The 2016 season was the first time the Browns earned the #1 overall pick since the 1999 season, their first season back in the NFL as an expansion team. True, they haven't been very good in that span, but the Chargers and Texans have both earned the #1 pick twice between the last 2 times the Browns did it. Got any other myths you want to propagate?
Point is they pick early every year. Since 2000 they have finished with 6 wins or fewer 14 times. 14 times they have had an opportunity to pick high (excluding trades). Where are their wins?

Draft position matters little compared to the way the franchise operates.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
If the Niners lose to the Bears, with Garoppolo starting, is it time for them to abdicate from the NFL? Maybe they could have some success on the J.C. circuit against Foothill and San Jose Community College.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
2-10.

One more win & they'll really screw up their draft ranking. :2thumbs:

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawknation2017":12sh1fni said:
If the Niners lose to the Bears, with Garoppolo starting, is it time for them to abdicate from the NFL? Maybe they could have some success on the J.C. circuit against Foothill and San Jose Community College.

Seriously, you make this joke about the 49ers when the NFL allows the Browns to play week after week?

NINEster

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2lcxf53c said:
2-10.

Fine with me.

If SF wins games going forward with the personnel they have against the teams they are playing that means Garoppolo is the baller QB for real.

Would much rather have that position locked down than relying on a top 5 pick.

Which we might still get anyways :)

The NFC West has QBs now......not just Wilson. :irishdrinkers:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Garoppolo looked legitimate. I think he might have converted 7 or so third and longs. Very impressive. Still, the 49ers lack of talent is crippling, and the penalties, my god. But he looks better than any 49er QB in a long while.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
NINEster":2sslpb65 said:
hawknation2017":2sslpb65 said:
2-10.

Fine with me.

If SF wins games going forward with the personnel they have against the teams they are playing that means Garoppolo is the baller QB for real.

Is Jed willing to pay Garoppolo $20 million a year?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":3lwkht2u said:
hawknation2017":3lwkht2u said:
2-10.

Fine with me.

Yeah they have Goff, Wilson, and Gabbert lol and Grab a ho :240039:

Truly scary in S.F after one start and in AZ right now since Gabbert is crushing it on his third of 4th team, pity those other teams could not figure out he was Great wasn't one of them S.F.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
hawknation2017":ncyglagx said:
NINEster":ncyglagx said:
2-10.

Fine with me.

Well he was willing to pay three head coaches at the same time totally around 20 million per year, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I think his problem is more incompetence and being too much of a p*ssy** than greed.

**The famous instant when Jim Harbaugh allegedly told him to leave a team meeting because it was "for men only;" his inability to stand up to Baalke; his inability to face Harbaugh like a man and instead circumvent him behind his back; etc.

chris98251":ncyglagx said:
NINEster":ncyglagx said:
2-10.

Fine with me.

Truly scary in S.F after one start and in AZ right now since Gabbert is crushing it on his third of 4th team, pity those other teams could not figure out he was Great wasn't one of them S.F.
Garoppolo has looked good every time he's stepped on a football field so I'm not really sure comparing him to Gabbert is reasonable.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":mmo4m3pb said:
hawknation2017":mmo4m3pb said:
NINEster":mmo4m3pb said:
2-10.

Fine with me.

Well he was willing to pay three head coaches at the same time totally around 20 million per year, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I think his problem is more incompetence and being too much of a p*ssy** than greed.

**The famous instant when Jim Harbaugh allegedly told him to leave a team meeting because it was "for men only;" his inability to stand up to Baalke; his inability to face Harbaugh like a man and instead circumvent him behind his back; etc.

chris98251":mmo4m3pb said:
NINEster":mmo4m3pb said:
2-10.

Fine with me.

Garoppolo has looked good every time he's stepped on a football field so I'm not really sure comparing him to Gabbert is reasonable.

Gabbert starting over Palmer next week, you brought subject up not us. I am sure that this is a set up for a division sweep next season now that you have Grab a Ho as your franchise QB :)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":1ptj8piw said:
5_Golden_Rings":1ptj8piw said:
hawknation2017":1ptj8piw said:
NINEster":1ptj8piw said:
Fine with me.

chris98251":1ptj8piw said:
NINEster":1ptj8piw said:
Fine with me.

Gabbert starting over Palmer next week, you brought subject up not us. I am sure that this is a set up for a division sweep next season now that you have Grab a Ho as your franchise QB :)

Nah, Qbs aren't enough to win games. You need some defense too, and some play makers. But, 49ers fans know poor QBing, and we know good QBing. Seen the later for roughly three decades with Montana, Young and Garcia, and seen the former for about two decades. The last time the 49ers had a QB who could quickly go through progressions and hit that key slant under pressure on third and 9 was Jeff Garcia. It's a "layup," but the QBs who can't consistently hit them don't last (exhibit A: Colin Kaepernick).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly, trying really, really hard not to buy into hyperbole with Garoppolo.

I love everything I've seen from him and it would be really easy to proclaim him the next great Niners QB...

...but I'm not going to do that. One start in which he didn't throw a TD.

However....I can say this and it isn't hyperbole....

I haven't seen a QB in red and Gold look that comfortable in the pocket, deliver with that kind of precision, or just look like he belongs there more than Garoppolo since Steve Young. No joke.

Now next week it could all fall apart and he could look horrible, but for one week he looked fantastic. The release...oh my god the release. Its one of the fastest I've ever seen that in itself is preventing sacks. His feet are fantastic and he's more decisive than any 49er QB I've seen in decades.

If you don't believe me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU

As I said, I'm making no proclamations for his future, but right now I'm pretty damn happy with him.

The other thing I'll say is this....Good QBs make the players around them better. That was on display on Sunday. Both Marquise Goodwin and Trent Taylor had career games.

Even if Garoppolo is the real deal, they are several pieces away so don't take this as "Niners gonna roll the west in 2018" or anything. Thats a long way off, but it looks right now like they might have solved the hardest position on the field to fill.