Espn article on playcallers from all 32 team

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
adeltaY":38hcb2nn said:
The fact that they put Shanahan at #31 when him leaving Atlanta with almost the exact same personnel resulted in them falling from being on of the greatest offenses ever to one that is considerably worse, although still really good, is evidence that this list is bollocks.

This isn't a ranking of play callers. It's a ranking of offensive production by their power metric, followed by a DISCUSSION of each play caller.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
NINEster":3dvnzkam said:
Own The West":3dvnzkam said:
Strange article.

Ranks Sarkisian #6 and then blames him for ATL's drop from 1st to 15th ranked offense. The guy he replaced that had the #1 offense is ranked 31st because he's coaching the 49'ers.

Sean McVay is called a miracle worker at #8, just behind Todd Downing's 22nd ranked offense that was 6th before he took the helm.

They got Bevell right though: fans hate him even though he's had 3 of the 5 top Seahawk offenses of all time.

Agree, ranking Shanahan at 31st because his team can't win is comical. Our Niner film guys tell me they're seeing a lot of guys get open, and when they are actually targeted they drop the ball.

Now Bevell I thought was a bit underrated. Not as good as Shanahan but nowhere near as bad as being garbage as many on .NET tend to believe.

I've never seen anyone get more open against the Cardinals than the 2nd game against Seattle in 2015. Every single play someone was wide open. If the Niners had someone like that after Harbaugh left, maybe Kap's career would get saved instead of having two pick 6s in 10 seconds.

Bevell is better than you think.
Read the article more carefully. This is NOT a ranking of play callers. The teams are ranked according to offensive production according to ESPN's metric, and then each play caller is discussed.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
As I figured. If you're paying attention, it's easy to see that Bevell is one of the better OC's in the league. His record proves it. He'll be with Pete the remainder of his tenure, as he should be.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3je3zwud said:
As I figured. If you're paying attention, it's easy to see that Bevell is one of the better OC's in the league. His record proves it. He'll be with Pete the remainder of his tenure, as he should be.

No it's not, and you clearly did not read any of the article.

Threedee

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is an atrocious play-caller. Anybody watch some of those head-sctatchers last season where each decision was completely unrelated to every other play and seemingly devoid of context and rhythm? That list is even more flawed than just our moronic OC.

Threedee

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3t47lnru said:

That's a pretty pessimistic view of the future.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":nxcbkcqi said:

His record ? We have had Three DC's isn't it their record also ? What about Pete isn't it his record as well.

Fade

Reaction score
Sark at #6. Shanny at #31? Totally legit list.

ESPN is an epic fail, and no one goes on that site anymore with good reason.

Latest posts