Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Gronk suspended for 1 game.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Gronk suspended for 1 game.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Gronk suspended for 1 game.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm
  • homerun1970 wrote:He has already planned to appeal. I have no idea what he thinks is appealable it was a cheap shot; your coach said was a bs play, you admitted was deliberate and wrong. My take it should be at least two games plus whatever games the db loses to concussion protocol.

The players are a union, of course they're going to appeal no matter what.

It's definitely absurd that it's a one-game suspension, though...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:10 pm
  • A man that big, throwing himself on a smaller player then laying an elbow in to the guy causing a concussion. Pathetic.

He should have gotten more than that, and I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheck makes him sit a game or two.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm
  • How about criminal battery charges? If not, why not?
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:He should have gotten more than that, and I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheck makes him sit a game or two.

Hahahahahahaha... Like that'd ever happen. :roll:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:25 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:He should have gotten more than that, and I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheck makes him sit a game or two.

Hahahahahahaha... Like that'd ever happen. :roll:

I think Belicheck is more likely to play newly acquired TE Bob Tronkowski (Rob Gronkowski wearing a fake mustache) than he is to do the "right thing" and sit Gronk for that hit.

The suspension should have been at least two games, IMO. 1) Total cheap shot to the head of a defenseless player 2) defenseless player suffered a concussion and will most likely miss a minimum of one game. Let the NFLPA/Gronk appeal it down to 1 game.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm
  • Good. I got so SICK of seeing these on the shelf, I hoped he would get suspended just for looking stupid.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    homerun1970 wrote:He has already planned to appeal. I have no idea what he thinks is appealable it was a cheap shot; your coach said was a bs play, you admitted was deliberate and wrong. My take it should be at least two games plus whatever games the db loses to concussion protocol.

The players are a union, of course they're going to appeal no matter what.

It's definitely absurd that it's a one-game suspension, though...

I can see the union appeal, but then again which union player are they going to protect? The one that was basically assaulted by his union brother or the one who did the assault.
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:48 pm
  • Unions defend the wrong ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:11 pm
  • NFL should have come down much harder on him. This is just pure malice, completely outside the game. I mean he even had time to think about it, and decided to go after it with all of his might, while a player was defenseless and not even looking.

Appealing this is just embarrassing. I know they have nothing to lose, technically, but if he was really sorry for his actions like he said - he would man up and accept the consequences.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:12 pm
  • Should have been suspended for 4 games minimum, if not indefinitely. It wasn't a during a play, it was after the whistle and deliberate.

With what the league now knows about CTE they are leaving themselves wide open to be taken to the cleaners by future lawsuits. They had an opportunity to set a precedent and they blew it.
    el capitan
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 pm
  • Once again, the league is exposed not really caring about player safety or CTE.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 pm
  • The NFL has zero balls. It will take a player literally dying on the field before we see punishments that amount to more than slaps on the wrist.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 pm
  • The sad thing is they could suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the Pats would still win out.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:The sad thing is they could suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the Pats would still win out.

You're beyond silly. As it is currently Wilson can and will match Brady play for play. Pretty interesting that our OL is decent and Davis is okay and Carson will be ready by Dallas. Yeah, it's full on non Seahawks fan.

My coworker who is a Patriots fan isn't happy and calling us cheaters. Bring it.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 am
  • renofox wrote:How about criminal battery charges? If not, why not?

Heck it could be considered a sexual assault these days.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:37 am
  • his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:57 am
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field

Yeah, I don't think there is a case to be made for him to get a less severe penalty. I would really like to know how he tries to argue that.
    Hopefully, next time we face the Patriots he gets a few of those.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 am
  • Josea16 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:The sad thing is they could suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the Pats would still win out.

You're beyond silly. As it is currently Wilson can and will match Brady play for play. Pretty interesting that our OL is decent and Davis is okay and Carson will be ready by Dallas. Yeah, it's full on non Seahawks fan.

My coworker who is a Patriots fan isn't happy and calling us cheaters. Bring it.

What? Seahawks wouldn't play the Pats this year unless in the super bowl....

Patriots do have a cake walk back to the SB, AFC is garbage.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:28 am
  • He's a primadonna in my book. His ego is so large that he believes the world revolves around him. What's worse is he's appealing the suspension. That's a sham. Take your punishment like a man.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:27 pm
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field

I believe the NFLPA automatically files appeals on behalf of the players when a suspension is on the table, regardless of the action. Obviously the evidence is 100% crystal clear in this case, but it makes sure that the NFL goes through the proper procedures and investigates the incident thoroughly enough so that there's no questions or grey areas.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:56 pm
  • But...but...but....he's so fun and drunk and lovable.....

Deserved at least two games.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:26 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field

I believe the NFLPA automatically files appeals on behalf of the players when a suspension is on the table, regardless of the action. Obviously the evidence is 100% crystal clear in this case, but it makes sure that the NFL goes through the proper procedures and investigates the incident thoroughly enough so that there's no questions or grey areas.

the same nflpa that tre is apart of lol system is messed up
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 pm
  • I don't get the case for no suspension? The idea that somebody got away with something in 1986 (um, 30 years ago, right?) somehow makes this OK just doesn't work as an idea. At all.

The NFL needs less idiotic brutality, not more. Play hard, hit hard, respect your opponent and the game that's made you wealthy. That doesn't seem to be Gronkowski's bag.

Also, sorry Ivo, but the idea that BB will voluntarily extend the suspension seems very far-fetched indeed. To my knowledge, he's never shown that he values anything but winning -- rules, player health, personal ethics all seem to take a back seat with that guy.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:36 pm
  • Legacy team punishment..nothing to see here...Gronk better get off the roids and coke...turning him into a mad man. Imo he should of been suspended for the year
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:I believe the NFLPA automatically files appeals on behalf of the players when a suspension is on the table, regardless of the action. Obviously the evidence is 100% crystal clear in this case, but it makes sure that the NFL goes through the proper procedures and investigates the incident thoroughly enough so that there's no questions or grey areas.

Does your belief have any evidence? I think you're probably right, but I have no idea one way or the other and would like to know more.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:The sad thing is they could suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the Pats would still win out.

What? Seahawks wouldn't play the Pats this year unless in the super bowl....

Patriots do have a cake walk back to the SB, AFC is garbage.

Yeah wtf, I was talking about the regular season. They have the Steelers and then the rest of the AFC East on their schedule. It's a cakewalk.

How does that have anything to do with the Seahawks and how does that make me not a fan? :?:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:50 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    253hawk wrote:I believe the NFLPA automatically files appeals on behalf of the players when a suspension is on the table, regardless of the action. Obviously the evidence is 100% crystal clear in this case, but it makes sure that the NFL goes through the proper procedures and investigates the incident thoroughly enough so that there's no questions or grey areas.

Does your belief have any evidence? I think you're probably right, but I have no idea one way or the other and would like to know more.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/fines-appeals/ looks like the player has to appeal going from this although douchegronks case was rightly denied
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:46 am
  • He's lucky he only got suspended for one game. It really should have been 2-4 games.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Legacy team punishment..nothing to see here...Gronk better get off the roids and coke...turning him into a mad man. Imo he should of been suspended for the year

Legacy team? The Pats? whos first season was in 1960, in a completely different league?

the cardinals (1920), bears (1920), packers (1921) & giants (1925) are legacy teams.

as for gronk, a game is fine. suh got two games for repeatedly pile-driving evan d-smth's head into the ground then stomping on his arm...
    Last edited by kidhawk on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: No Personal Attacks (Including attacking the fanbase)
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:02 pm
  • Pape wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Legacy team punishment..nothing to see here...Gronk better get off the roids and coke...turning him into a mad man. Imo he should of been suspended for the year

Legacy team? The Pats? whos first season was in 1960, in a completely different league?

the cardinals (1920), bears (1920), packers (1921) & giants (1925) are legacy teams.

as for gronk, a game is fine. suh got two games for repeatedly pile-driving evan d-smth's head into the ground then stomping on his arm...

Hey, this hit got 2 games in 1986:

"Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Pape wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Legacy team punishment..nothing to see here...Gronk better get off the roids and coke...turning him into a mad man. Imo he should of been suspended for the year

Hey, this hit got 2 games in 1986:

That looks twice as worse to me. Thanks for making my point for me.
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:33 pm
  • Pape wrote:as for gronk, a game is fine. suh got two games for repeatedly pile-driving evan d-smth's head into the ground then stomping on his arm...

What Suh did was on the field during live play. What Gronk did was well after the play while the guy was also halfway to being completely out of bounds and completely unnecessary, as well as very dangerous because it DID give the other guy a concussion. If I were the other player, I'd remember this and if I had CTE later in life, I'd show up at Gronk's house and guilt-trip the hell out of him in front of his kids.

It was childish and wrong, which is no surprise considering Gronk's man-child personality.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Attack The Post, Not The Poster
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:42 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Pape wrote:as for gronk, a game is fine. suh got two games for repeatedly pile-driving evan d-smth's head into the ground then stomping on his arm...

What Suh did was on the field during live play. What Gronk did was well after the play while the guy was also halfway to being completely out of bounds and completely unnecessary, as well as very dangerous because it DID give the other guy a concussion. If I were the other player, I'd remember this and if I had CTE later in life, I'd show up at Gronk's house and guilt-trip the hell out of him in front of his kids.

It was childish and wrong, which is no surprise considering Gronk's man-child personality.

Oh course it was wrong. One game is fine. No reason to have a knee jerk reaction. Everything has to be spun out of control these days, doesnt it?

As for Suh, dont give me that crap that "it was in the game" - Thats pathetic. Suh slammed the helmet of a player into the ground repeatedly then stomped on him AFTER the freaking play was over.
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:43 pm
  • So next game does Gronk do a Tombstone Pile driver on someone, Call Vince we have a new Undertaker!

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:48 pm
  • Pape wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Pape wrote:as for gronk, a game is fine. suh got two games for repeatedly pile-driving evan d-smth's head into the ground then stomping on his arm...

Oh course it was wrong. One game is fine. No reason to have a knee jerk reaction. Everything has to be spun out of control these days, doesnt it?

As for Suh, dont give me that crap that "it was in the game" - Thats pathetic. Suh slammed the helmet of a player into the ground repeatedly then stomped on him AFTER the freaking play was over.

Typical pats fan, team can do no wrong. You probably though A. Hernandez was innocent too.

Knee jerk reaction? Spun out of control? Lol Gronk has time to think about it and reacted. This wasn’t a “I’m the heat of the moment or game” hits it was a, “me gronk upset, me hurt you now” bullshit move that he admitted to being upset/angry lol. 1 game is a slap on the hand. 2 games and a hefty fine yes. Suu has his reputation the league knows about it and he has had numerous suspensions and hefty fines.
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:08 pm
  • Exittium wrote:
    Pape wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Typical pats fan, team can do no wrong. You probably though A. Hernandez was innocent too.

Knee jerk reaction? Spun out of control? Lol Gronk has time to think about it and reacted. This wasn’t a “I’m the heat of the moment or game” hits it was a, “me gronk upset, me hurt you now” bullshit move that he admitted to being upset/angry lol. 1 game is a slap on the hand. 2 games and a hefty fine yes. Suu has his reputation the league knows about it and he has had numerous suspensions and hefty fines.

typical seahawk fan, sees anything related to the Pats, eyes go red and fill with blood remembering the 2 yard line int.

gronk grunted an apology, and will serve his suspension. end of story. it will probably cost him around 2 million dollars because of that one game... surely just a slap on the wrist, eh?
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:12 pm
  • Pape wrote:typical seahawk fan, sees anything related to the Pats, eyes go red and fill with blood remembering the 2 yard line int.

gronk grunted an apology, and will serve his suspension. end of story. it will probably cost him around 2 million dollars because of that one game... surely just a slap on the wrist, eh?

Stop being a classless tool. You'll still win the AFC East because your division hasn't had real competition since The Matrix came out, you don't need Gronk very badly. He deserves more than one game off for that move.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:He's a primadonna in my book. His ego is so large that he believes the world revolves around him. What's worse is he's appealing the suspension. That's a sham. Take your punishment like a man.

I misunderstood your post you are right . The only game they could lose is against Pittsburgh. As for Gronkowski he should have been suspended 2-4 games minimum.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:35 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Pape wrote:typical seahawk fan, sees anything related to the Pats, eyes go red and fill with blood remembering the 2 yard line int.

Stop being a classless tool. You'll still win the AFC East because your division hasn't had real competition since The Matrix came out, you don't need Gronk very badly. He deserves more than one game off for that move.

Deserves more? Says who? You? lol, ok. Well the ones who matter - the league - they don't think so.

one game is reasonable and balanced when there is nothing on the table in terms of fines/punishments for intentional targeting. the league competition committee can make one up this off season...
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:19 pm
  • Ah, so naive.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:33 pm
  • Pape wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Pape wrote:typical seahawk fan, sees anything related to the Pats, eyes go red and fill with blood remembering the 2 yard line int.

Deserves more? Says who? You? lol, ok. Well the ones who matter - the league - they don't think so.

one game is reasonable and balanced when there is nothing on the table in terms of fines/punishments for intentional targeting. the league competition committee can make one up this off season...

Funny how you didn't trust the league's judgement when Shady Brady was suspended.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Funny how you didn't trust the league's judgement when Shady Brady was suspended.

That's because Herr Goodell had nothing to do with Gronks hearing, opposed to the Brady Con Job.
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Ah, so naive.

Ah, so hyper-critical (because its not Richard Sherman downing a handful of adderall tabs)
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:15 pm
  • Pape wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Ah, so naive.

Ah, so hyper-critical (because its not Richard Sherman downing a handful of adderall tabs)

I will make this so basic even a Patriot fan can understand.

Nobody has more allegations of cheating wrorking around the rules or dirty player types then the Patriots since Belichek has been coach.

So if you want to be here tomorrow I would suggest you just be happy you can still post here.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Language

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 pm
  • Josea16 wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:He's a primadonna in my book. His ego is so large that he believes the world revolves around him. What's worse is he's appealing the suspension. That's a sham. Take your punishment like a man.

I misunderstood your post you are right . The only game they could lose is against Pittsburgh. As for Gronkowski he should have been suspended 2-4 games minimum.

It’s cool....no problem. :irishdrinkers:
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 am
  • Pape wrote:

Yeah, the prescription drug any NFL player can take if they have a doctor's note.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:22 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Pape wrote:

I will make this so basic even a Patriot fan can understand.

Nobody has more allegations of cheating wrorking around the rules or dirty player types then the Patriots since Belichek has been coach.

So if you want to be here tomorrow I would suggest you just be happy you can still post here.

2012 piss collector says otherwise
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:24 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:
    Pape wrote:

Yeah, the prescription drug any NFL player can take - If they have a legitimate reason to take it, which he didn't - if they have a doctor's note.

fixed that for you.
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information