Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

TNF -- Huge NFC playoff implications -- who we rootin for?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Saints (9-3) vs. Falcons (7-5). I'd rather see the Saints get bumped down to the same record as us than worry about the Falcons catching us. Come on Falcons! Go kick some ass!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• they play each other twice and atlanta play panthers i just hope they beat on each other hard
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Practice Squad

• Hope they split. Falcons getting to 6 losses probably gets them out of the playoffs and Saints with 4 losses helps us at a higher seed.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• boo, condatta! If we're not in the top 2, our chances of winning it all do a big ferkin crash. The year we won SB, we were 1 and the year we made and lost, we were 2. You don't wanna be pllayin in that first round, div winner or not.
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• I am rooting for the Falcons in this one. I want that #2 seed.
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks don't necessarily need the Vikings or Falcons to lose any games. If they win out & the Saints and Eagles each lose two games, then Seattle is No. 2.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Matt Ryan doing everything he can to lose.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Want the Falcons to lose always and forever. I like ICE as a person but I want to see the Falcons fail. 3 picks in 4 pass attempts. MVP.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Lords of Scythia wrote:boo, condatta! If we're not in the top 2, our chances of winning it all do a big ferkin crash. The year we won SB, we were 1 and the year we made and lost, we were 2. You don't wanna be pllayin in that first round, div winner or not.

Every time the Seahawks have made the SB, they've been the #1 seed.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Refs flagging the crap out of the Saints Defense.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• As crappy as these flags are, this terrible run defense by the Saints is completely inexcusable. Makes me appreciate how good our run defense is.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• How many Saints players are injured? 5, 6?
    poly1274
    NET Practice Squad

• Yeah, they have a lot of injuries. AK41 was a big one. This reminds me of a Seahawks game. Offense needs to come in and give a banged up defense some rest, but they just can't get it done. Defense can't get off the field due to dumb penalties and ends up gassed.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• One hell of an athletic play by Deion Jones on that interception. Huge play, Brees doesn't usually make a mistake like that.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Brees WTF?!?!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Very good. Need the Saints to lose one more (at home vs. Falcons?) and Eagles to lose two.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Damn, the Falcons can actually win their division now.
    Mizak
    NET Rookie

• We should have won that game, but key injuries and the refs did us in.

I honestly now know how you guys felt in your Super Bowl vs the Steelers. It really was 11 vs 16.

I can't wait to get Atlanta in the Superdome. If we are healthy we are going to hang a 50 burger on them.

Being able to stay with them while missing the OROY, and 5 other starters, I am more excited than disappointed.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

• Woot! Falcons win.
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:One hell of an athletic play by Deion Jones on that interception. Huge play, Brees doesn't usually make a mistake like that.

Actually he does. We just needed to run the ball, and what do we do? Pass info triple coverage. So predictable, yet still disappointing.

Yeah, we lost 8 guys this game, two to concusions. Thank goodness we have that mini bye week.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

• Dammit, I wanted the Saints to win. How the hell do you lose when you pick off Ryan three times? Brees made an awful decision there, but Payton running onto the field was dumb as hell too. I'm sorry about the injuries, trust me the Hawks know what it's like to lose a ton of guys on TNF. We're also very well acquainted with our opponents "marching" down the field on a yellow carpet. Better luck next time.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Great win for our playoff seeding chances! This deserves the Techno Flute!!

Barakas
    NET Starter

• Its sad, I have been listening to the radio since the game ended, and 3 callers have all mentioned that that final Brees throw to the TE is only designed for Jimmy Graham, and Josh Hill is not Jimmy Graham. We miss Graham for that one play alone. When Jimmy was here that play was successful about 98% of the time.

The Saints still own the division, but our chances at a 1st round bye are all but gone.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

• El Caliente wrote:Its sad, I have been listening to the radio since the game ended, and 3 callers have all mentioned that that final Brees throw to the TE is only designed for Jimmy Graham, and Josh Hill is not Jimmy Graham. We miss Graham for that one play alone. When Jimmy was here that play was successful about 98% of the time.

The Saints still own the division, but our chances at a 1st round bye are all but gone.

Welcome to our reality. I wanted you guys to be on our loss line but Atlanta must lose another game please. And Wilson to Graham is a thing of beauty. You don't want to play us in the playoffs because we are dailing it in regardless of Chancellor and Sherman. We will get Carson, Shead and probably more back in a week or two.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Lords of Scythia wrote:This is good! It gets us closer to that top two

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, yup. GO RAMS. Then take care of business. Everbody go 12-4 and see what happens. Completely possible guys.

We want a Carolina and Los Angeles win next. Thank tou. Atlanta is done in two weeks given they play New Orleans in the Superdome. It's going to be hilarious watching those three teams kill each other in the next three weeks.

And as long as were even with the Rams advantage us. And yes we will beat them again and key players will be coming back no less.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• El Caliente wrote:Its sad, I have been listening to the radio since the game ended, and 3 callers have all mentioned that that final Brees throw to the TE is only designed for Jimmy Graham, and Josh Hill is not Jimmy Graham. We miss Graham for that one play alone. When Jimmy was here that play was successful about 98% of the time.

IDK Caliente, I don't think Jimmy could've got that ball. It wasn't thrown high enough and was just not a good decision. Unless Jimmy jumped high enough to reach over Deion Jones, there's no way he could've caught it. Best of luck to the Saints, I hope you guys win the division.

I want the Rams to lose 100%. I get that the Eagles win was great, but let's not get crazy. I doubt we can run the table and if the Rams win, we will have to. The Rams can lose to us and get to 12 wins if they win their other games. We'd only be able to take advantage of the tie breaker if we made it to 12 wins in that case. I want them to lose every game.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Barakas wrote:Great win for our playoff seeding chances! This deserves the Techno Flute!!

Can Techno Flute become the new Tanzania?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Don't see us getting to the 2 seed but the 3 seed wouldn't be a horrible spot if Minnesota was a 2 and NO was a 4. If we had to go on the road id much rather go to Minnesota then Philly in a second round match up and I could also see NO beating Philly which would make a NFC Championship game back in Seattle.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    El Caliente wrote:Its sad, I have been listening to the radio since the game ended, and 3 callers have all mentioned that that final Brees throw to the TE is only designed for Jimmy Graham, and Josh Hill is not Jimmy Graham. We miss Graham for that one play alone. When Jimmy was here that play was successful about 98% of the time.

Welcome to our reality. I wanted you guys to be on our loss line but Atlanta must lose another game please. And Wilson to Graham is a thing of beauty. You don't want to play us in the playoffs because we are dailing it in regardless of Chancellor and Sherman. We will get Carson, Shead and probably more back in a week or two.

If everyone goes 12-4 Seahawks miss out on a bye still
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Lords of Scythia wrote:boo, condatta! If we're not in the top 2, our chances of winning it all do a big ferkin crash. The year we won SB, we were 1 and the year we made and lost, we were 2. You don't wanna be pllayin in that first round, div winner or not.

LOL! That had nothing to do with why we lost. You’re funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• That ref last night that threw the flag on Payton is a jackass. I don't care what Payton said, as a ref you have to have some self restraint and not throw a game deciding flag on a coach who yelled at you.

It's an epidemic, these ref crews are RUINING the game with 15-20 flags a game. Let the damn players decide who wins and loses, not you.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• The most telling stats of the night are these

Penalties
    New Orleans 11-87 yards
    Atlanta 4 - 35 yards

First Downs from Penalties

New Orleans 0
    Atlanta 9
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

You didn't take care of him. He had to go to court to get paid. He's someplace now that loves and appreciates him.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    El Caliente wrote:Its sad, I have been listening to the radio since the game ended, and 3 callers have all mentioned that that final Brees throw to the TE is only designed for Jimmy Graham, and Josh Hill is not Jimmy Graham. We miss Graham for that one play alone. When Jimmy was here that play was successful about 98% of the time.

Our front 7 is destroying. Schneider is a HOF gm.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:This is good! It gets us closer to that top two

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, yup. GO RAMS. Then take care of business. Everbody go 12-4 and see what happens. Completely possible guys.

We want a Carolina and Los Angeles win next. Thank tou. Atlanta is done in two weeks given they play New Orleans in the Superdome. It's going to be hilarious watching those three teams kill each other in the next three weeks.

And as long as were even with the Rams advantage us. And yes we will beat them again and key players will be coming back no less.

Yes it will be., HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Don't see us getting to the 2 seed but the 3 seed wouldn't be a horrible spot if Minnesota was a 2 and NO was a 4. If we had to go on the road id much rather go to Minnesota then Philly in a second round match up and I could also see NO beating Philly which would make a NFC Championship game back in Seattle.

You don't win the SB having to play in the first round. All a 3 or lower gets you is elimination in third round instead of the second.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• El Caliente wrote:The most telling stats of the night are these

Penalties
    New Orleans 11-87 yards
    Atlanta 4 - 35 yards

First Downs from Penalties

New Orleans 0
    Atlanta 9

One of them took points off the board at the end of the half.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Lords of Scythia wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Don't see us getting to the 2 seed but the 3 seed wouldn't be a horrible spot if Minnesota was a 2 and NO was a 4. If we had to go on the road id much rather go to Minnesota then Philly in a second round match up and I could also see NO beating Philly which would make a NFC Championship game back in Seattle.

You don't win the SB having to play in the first round. All a 3 or lower gets you is elimination in third round instead of the second.

Many recent examples (Steelers, Giants, Packers for starters) of that not being true
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information