Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor, and Heath Evans suspended

nanomoz

Reaction score
The good old boys clubs across the spectrum in this country are crumbling and it's so wonderful. Get all the misogynist creeps outta there and replace them with decent human beings.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that she was terminated because she wouldn't play nice about this crap.

And thank heavens there is a bandwagon for women to jump on so their careers don't have to be threatened by demanding to be treated like a human being and not sex dolls. I hope it lasts forever.

Osprey

Reaction score
Popeyejones":k8ci6sp6 said:
SmokinHawk":k8ci6sp6 said:
Watching the entertainment industry burn from its own degraded moral and ethical fabric has truly been one of the most satisfying things to witness in all of 2017.

There’s nothing special about the entertainment industry. You’re just hearing about entertainers and politicians because it’s not newsworthy when lawyers, hedge fund guys, and so on are just as despicable.
Spacing on the source, but I recall hearing a theory that it's worse in Entertainment & Politics because opportunities are extremely scarce it's not as much of a meritocracy as mainstream business.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
With that many different guys involved, what are the odds that she was the office pump and these idiots were only trying to be the next notch on her belt? She waits until she gets fired and then claims this crap. Like another poster said, there is a witch hunt going on in this country right now. How many innocent men are going to be burned before this is over? Right now, any disgruntled female can come forward with allegations from years ago and everyone takes her word for it. That is wrong.

Mindsink

Reaction score
nanomoz":p70seqs7 said:
The good old boys clubs across the spectrum in this country are crumbling and it's so wonderful. Get all the misogynist creeps outta there and replace them with decent human beings.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that she was terminated because she wouldn't play nice about this crap.

And thank heavens there is a bandwagon for women to jump on so their careers don't have to be threatened by demanding to be treated like a human being and not sex dolls. I hope it lasts forever.

Don't be so naive. Sometimes the difference between "creep" and "decent" is simply opportunity.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":19hljshb said:
SmokinHawk":19hljshb said:
Watching the entertainment industry burn from its own degraded moral and ethical fabric has truly been one of the most satisfying things to witness in all of 2017.

There’s nothing special about the entertainment industry. You’re just hearing about entertainers and politicians because it’s not newsworthy when lawyers, hedge fund guys, and so on are just as despicable.

Nothing special other than the many hours people waste engrossing themselves in it every week, letting effete television personalities tell them how to think.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Mindsink":1eo4f8hb said:
nanomoz":1eo4f8hb said:

Don't be so naive. Sometimes the difference between "creep" and "decent" is simply opportunity.

Opportunity? I don't think you don't know what rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, and inappropriate sexual behavior are. They are defined by a lack of clearly defined opportunity. That is, an aggressor acts without the permission of the one acted upon, or, uses their power over another in the name of some sexual pursuit.

Everyone has the opportunity to be a terrible person. It's just that decent people choose not to do so.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
When was she on the NFL network? I don’t recall her name and I don’t recognize her pictures but I watch the network a lot. There is enough eye candy on the nfl Network that even if I recognized her I’d still have to ask, why her? Out of all the ridiculously attractive female hosts and cohorts on the NFL network why did these guys pick on this particular girl to sexually harass?

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The NFL Network hired Cantor as a wardrobe stylist in 2006. According to Bloomberg, her job duties included building a closet full of clothes that on-air talent wore during shows on the network. She worked there until 2016.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1le3kfrb said:
When was she on the NFL network? I don’t recall her name and I don’t recognize her pictures but I watch the network a lot. There is enough eye candy on the nfl Network that even if I recognized her I’d still have to ask, why her? Out of all the ridiculously attractive female hosts and cohorts on the NFL network why did these guys pick on this particular girl to sexually harass?

She may not be very assertive with more to lose than the others. It's easier to prey on weaker individuals.
Others may have fronted offenders at the start and nipped it at the bud, where as she may just have laughed any advances off and said nothing. People pick on weak.

Mindsink

Reaction score
nanomoz":1sbxwyk9 said:
Opportunity? I don't think you don't know what rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, and inappropriate sexual behavior are. They are defined by a lack of clearly defined opportunity. That is, an aggressor acts without the permission of the one acted upon, or, uses their power over another in the name of some sexual pursuit.

Everyone has the opportunity to be a terrible person. It's just that decent people choose not to do so.

If you found a bag full of money in the middle of the woods, would you keep it for yourself, or try to find out who it belongs to?

And if you do decide to keep it for yourself, does that make you a terrible person?

Let's say you did keep it. And let's say I never ran into such an opportunity. Does that somehow make me a better person than you?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Mindsink":18j6r7ib said:
If you found a bag full of money in the middle of the woods, would you keep it for yourself, or try to find out who it belongs to?

And if you do decide to keep it for yourself, does that make you a terrible person?

Let's say you did keep it. And let's say I never ran into such an opportunity. Does that somehow make me a better person than you?

I'll play.

1) No I wouldn't keep it for myself, unless a genuine attempt to find the owner failed. This would involve the police, since there's a standard procedure for this sort of thing.

2) Yes it would. Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching - in other words, when you wouldn't necessarily get caught.

3) Depends on how you answer the first two.

There is such a thing as absolute right and wrong. One thing that separates humans from animals is our ability to choose to do the right thing, even at a cost to ourselves. Attempting to justify any other behavior is just making excuses. We call this 'civilization', and it certainly seems to be on the decline.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mindsink":kus21y9e said:
nanomoz":kus21y9e said:

I find it interesting that you are comparing how men treat womeny to how one would treat a bag of money. One is an object the other is not. The problem with a lot of the men in question here is that they think both are objects.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
So, a lot has been said in here that I am assuming, being that a few mods have already replied in here, is not some of the many ban-worthy offenses on this site but I will just wait a while before I say what's on my mind regarding this topic, just to avoid any emails. I will say, there are some narrow minds here...