49ers no longer 0 fers

Marvin49

Reaction score
SF49r":3tvvlu4y said:
I honestly don't know why niner fans even cry about that. No one knows if it was accidental or on purpose and even then it was only one guy. It's still better than fat cholos who beat each other up for tapping shoulders in the bathroom.

I can't lie...I thought it was totally disrespectful and done on purpose, but I can't lay that at the feet of the entire fanbase. Every fanbase has fans that take it too far and do things during games that they'd never do in every day life.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":10uh4uho said:
NINEster":10uh4uho said:
I only loathe Wilson because of how .NET treated Kap way back when. You would have thought he knelt on the top of the Space Needle. It was very personal for sure.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah the Kap thing was super personal. The only thing that ever bothered me about it was when Hawks fans got into race-baiting about him (and the 9ers fanbase more generally). All the hysteria over him appearing in a headphones commercial was just funny.

As for Wilson, I don't really buy that any 9ers fans ACTUALLY hate Wilson. He's pretty easy to make fun of, but it's hard if not damn near impossible to come up with something to legitimately hate about him. He kinda reminds me of Obama right after he was elected in '08, in that there was seriously really nothing to hate about him, so right wingers had to take the tact of being "infuriated" because left-wingers liked him "too much."

It's the same deal with Wilson -- there's nothing wrong with him so as 9ers fans we had to tell ourselves that the real problem with him was that Hawks fans loved him too much. :lol:

As for Baalke, totally agree that Hawks fans were right on that, but I don't think that was because they had any special insight. It's just because they were throwing hundreds of things at the wall that were awful about the 9ers so of course a few of them were going to stick. It's like 9ers fans who feel vindicated in their claims that what Wilson did for the offense was overrated and what Lynch did for the offense was underrated. That one has stuck to the wall a little bit, but the 90 other things they were saying didn't. It's like Hawks fans who suddenly "always respected Harbaugh" within a week of him being gone. :lol:

On Wilson: I hate that guy but I won't pretend it has to do with anything other than constantly losing to him. :)

On Baalke: I also won't pretend that I wasn't a big supporter of Baalke. I was. Early on he has several very good picks. To this day I think the "that first year was using McGloughans board" thing is totally bogus because Baalke was there to built it as well and Scot was skipping meetings and showing up to the combine drunk. I also love Scot BTW and would love to see him back in SF as an advisor so don't take that as a slam on him either.

Something happened though. I don't know when exactly, but Baalke is and was always very good at manipulating the draft and moving up and down for picks, but MAN...so many of those picks just turned out to be nothing. Really surprising on several of them as well. Just NEVER made anything of themselves. Just law of big numbers would make you think he'd hit on a few, but he really didn't. Of the ones still on the roster who I think will stick : Buckner, Tartt, Trent Brown...and then it dries up pretty quick. Reid and Hyde I think are good players, but they are also pending free agents and I wouldn't be shocked if they walked this offseason. There were also early retirements form some pretty damn good picks (Anthony Davis, Chris Borland).

With the exception of Trent Brown, their picks on the O-Line have been atrocious. We'll see on Josh Garnett as he is apparently totally breaking down and rebuilding his body (changing body composition) while on IR, but Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas....nothing there at all.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2neu7d5r said:
Sports Hernia":2neu7d5r said:
LOL . That’s rich coming from a fanbase that acts like a full buffet table of food plus the table itself was dumped on Bowman when it was a few kernels of popcorn.

1. This has literally nothing to do with what I posted, which was just for fun.

2. Yeah, some 9ers fans still talk about it as if it was the entire Seahawks fan base rather than some individual POS who was a Hawks fan, just as some Hawks fans still tell themselves crazy bedtime stories about how it was just a few kernels that were accidentally knocked out of some poor little kid's hand.

So what? Tribalism exists and it makes people overstate things.

Think about it this way: If during the heat of that rivalry Earl Thomas had his career effectively ended on an injury at Candlestick and some POS 9ers fan dumped food on him while he was getting carted out would Seahawks fans still talk about it? OF COURSE they would.

Would some Seahawks fans overstate what happened? OF COURSE they would.

Would some 9ers fans understate what happened? OF COURSE they would.

Not that complicated, my dude.

Bingo.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":16zf0pr7 said:
Sports Hernia":16zf0pr7 said:
I read his home turf. They ban Hawk fans as soon as they dare state an opposing opinion.

That's just factually inaccurate.

Just like here there's hawks fans over on Zone who defend the Hawks all the time and have been there for years.

Off the top of my head, Lisa12 (I think?) has been there for years and is really only there to talk about the Hawks and defend the Hawks. She has to deal with the hoo-has trolling her (just like any fan on a rival fan board does) but among the posters that anyone listens to she's totally respected.
One is all you can come up with? LOL.

....I’ve seen her posts and she has to brown nose a bit to survive.

Ask iRo and others how they were treated down there. To compare the 2 forums as the same is an intentional severe case of false equivalence on your part. If anyone of us posted the same type of pap you’ve posted here over the years, we wouldn’t last 2 days down there, and that’s probably being generous.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2pl97s3a said:
NINEster":2pl97s3a said:
I only loathe Wilson because of how .NET treated Kap way back when. You would have thought he knelt on the top of the Space Needle. It was very personal for sure.

Yeah the Kap thing was super personal. The only thing that ever bothered me about it was when Hawks fans got into race-baiting about him (and the 9ers fanbase more generally). All the hysteria over him appearing in a headphones commercial was just funny.

As for Wilson, I don't really buy that any 9ers fans ACTUALLY hate Wilson. He's pretty easy to make fun of, but it's hard if not damn near impossible to come up with something to legitimately hate about him. He kinda reminds me of Obama right after he was elected in '08, in that there was seriously really nothing to hate about him, so right wingers had to take the tact of being "infuriated" because left-wingers liked him "too much."

It's the same deal with Wilson -- there's nothing wrong with him so as 9ers fans we had to tell ourselves that the real problem with him was that Hawks fans loved him too much. :lol:

As for Baalke, totally agree that Hawks fans were right on that, but I don't think that was because they had any special insight. It's just because they were throwing hundreds of things at the wall that were awful about the 9ers so of course a few of them were going to stick. It's like 9ers fans who feel vindicated in their claims that what Wilson did for the offense was overrated and what Lynch did for the offense was underrated. That one has stuck to the wall a little bit, but the 90 other things they were saying didn't. It's like Hawks fans who suddenly "always respected Harbaugh" within a week of him being gone. :lol:
As much as I disliked Harbs as annoying guy he is/was, you cannot argue with the results, as he took your team to a Super Bowl. Now if you want to believe some fairytale you made up of what I think, you’ll be wrong. .....but then again, you are quite used to that.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2bc64exd said:
NINEster":2bc64exd said:
Sports Hernia":2bc64exd said:
Marvin49":2bc64exd said:
They were a long time ago, but it ain't like they were wearing Leather helmets. LOL. I'm also old enough to have seen all of them so while some they might be something only seen late at night on NFL Network, I was there for all of them.

To me, a Lombardi is a Lombardi. Doesn't matter how long ago it was. I hated the Steelers for years because they had more (and now do again).

IMO, attaching an arbitrary date at which we are allowed to start counting Trophies is nothing more than an attempt to disparage a franchise or a function of your age....IE if you didn't witness it yourself then clearly it doesn't matter as much as what you did witness. The latter is only natural.
Swing and a miss, but that was expected. 8)

"Swing and a miss", only here on .NET, buddy.

Come bring the battle on Marvin's home turf and see how long you last. Or any other Seahawk fans for that matter. :lol:

Of course you won't, and neither will they. Wouldn't expect anything less from people here that rely on home field advantage and numbers to silence their rivals. They take after their football team to a tee. :2thumbs:
I read his home turf. They ban Hawk fans as soon as they dare state an opposing opinion. If I posted what you just did I’d be banned and what you said isn’t even close to a bannable offense here (nor should it be). The mods over their are some serious little snowflakes as I’ve seen longtime regulars here getting banned for pretty much being a Seattle fan.

I don’t get the thrill of posting on other teams boards anyhow, reading for entertainment, sure.
Do you mean the official 49ers board? Because they have a Ravens fan who constantly taunts 49er fans and also constantly insults people but somehow never gets banned. They DO however, ban anyone at the slightest hint of an "inappropriate" post.

For example, I once got banned for posting a picture of Patrick Willis from the ESPN bodies series (or whatever it is called), but then added a huge black block from between his legs down to his ankles with the word "censored" on it in yellow font, indicating he had a giant johnson. I thought it was hilarious, but nope, instabanned.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bhux7g2 said:
Popeyejones":1bhux7g2 said:
NINEster":1bhux7g2 said:

On Wilson: I hate that guy but I won't pretend it has to do with anything other than constantly losing to him. :)

On Baalke: I also won't pretend that I wasn't a big supporter of Baalke. I was. Early on he has several very good picks. To this day I think the "that first year was using McGloughans board" thing is totally bogus because Baalke was there to built it as well and Scot was skipping meetings and showing up to the combine drunk. I also love Scot BTW and would love to see him back in SF as an advisor so don't take that as a slam on him either.

Something happened though. I don't know when exactly, but Baalke is and was always very good at manipulating the draft and moving up and down for picks, but MAN...so many of those picks just turned out to be nothing. Really surprising on several of them as well. Just NEVER made anything of themselves. Just law of big numbers would make you think he'd hit on a few, but he really didn't. Of the ones still on the roster who I think will stick : Buckner, Tartt, Trent Brown...and then it dries up pretty quick. Reid and Hyde I think are good players, but they are also pending free agents and I wouldn't be shocked if they walked this offseason. There were also early retirements form some pretty damn good picks (Anthony Davis, Chris Borland).

With the exception of Trent Brown, their picks on the O-Line have been atrocious. We'll see on Josh Garnett as he is apparently totally breaking down and rebuilding his body (changing body composition) while on IR, but Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas....nothing there at all.

I only "hate" two things about Wilson:

(1) He is absurdly white bread poster child-ish. This guy makes Mr. Rogers look rude.

(2) He's so absurdly athletic, and has such a ridiculous amount of spatial awareness (Barry Sanders level) that he is hardly better at reading defenses than Kaepernick yet is still an elite QB (having a golden arm helps as well). Now, I know I'm going to see disagreement with this, but truthfully, how often does Wilson sit calmly in the pocket and go through progressions? Almost never. The only pocket passes he throws are quick single read passes. Other than that, his production is due to his elite arm talent and the aforementioned god-like spatial awareness and athleticism.

For some reason I find that mildly annoying. In the same way that Floyd Mayweather's boxing style annoys me.

NINEster

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":29h2ckie said:

(1) He is absurdly white bread poster child-ish. This guy makes Mr. Rogers look rude.

(2) He's so absurdly athletic, and has such a ridiculous amount of spatial awareness (Barry Sanders level) that he is hardly better at reading defenses than Kaepernick yet is still an elite QB (having a golden arm helps as well). Now, I know I'm going to see disagreement with this, but truthfully, how often does Wilson sit calmly in the pocket and go through progressions? Almost never. The only pocket passes he throws are quick single read passes. Other than that, his production is due to his elite arm talent and the aforementioned god-like spatial awareness and athleticism.

For some reason I find that mildly annoying. In the same way that Floyd Mayweather's boxing style annoys me.

Wow, this is a great post and expresses my thoughts exactly!!

Benoit and others have pointed this out, as it's rather obvious to anyone who is willing to pay careful attention to it. The runs, escapes and "rainbows" (I hate that term but shall keep using it) impress many, but those that pay careful attention to throws Wilson makes beyond his first read while not leaving the pocket will see a QB who is not elite. Last year was a little taste of the future.

Floyd Mayweather is such a powerful metaphor here. Gets the guaranteed W in a style that technically dominates but only he does. If Floyd fought more boxers straight up he'd have a few Ls on his resume, and if/when Wilson does not scramble anymore to buy time, he too will feel the reign tighten on him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3158hrkn said:
Popeyejones":3158hrkn said:
Sports Hernia":3158hrkn said:
I read his home turf. They ban Hawk fans as soon as they dare state an opposing opinion.

Just like here there's hawks fans over on Zone who defend the Hawks all the time and have been there for years.

Off the top of my head, Lisa12 (I think?) has been there for years and is really only there to talk about the Hawks and defend the Hawks. She has to deal with the hoo-has trolling her (just like any fan on a rival fan board does) but among the posters that anyone listens to she's totally respected.

Ask iRo and others how they were treated down there. To compare the 2 forums as the same is an intentional severe case of false equivalence on your part. If anyone of us posted the same type of pap you’ve posted here over the years, we wouldn’t last 2 days down there, and that’s probably being generous.

You said something doesn’t exist.

I said that’s untrue and gave you an example.

You’re now saying it doesn’t count and complaining that I didn’t go to another forum to wade into a thread I don’t spend time in in order to gift you with multiple examples.

Per usual, you’re arguing in bad faith.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":jd1d2fma said:
Sports Hernia":jd1d2fma said:
NINEster":jd1d2fma said:
Sports Hernia":jd1d2fma said:
Swing and a miss, but that was expected. 8)

"Swing and a miss", only here on .NET, buddy.

Come bring the battle on Marvin's home turf and see how long you last. Or any other Seahawk fans for that matter. :lol:

Of course you won't, and neither will they. Wouldn't expect anything less from people here that rely on home field advantage and numbers to silence their rivals. They take after their football team to a tee. :2thumbs:
I read his home turf. They ban Hawk fans as soon as they dare state an opposing opinion. If I posted what you just did I’d be banned and what you said isn’t even close to a bannable offense here (nor should it be). The mods over their are some serious little snowflakes as I’ve seen longtime regulars here getting banned for pretty much being a Seattle fan.

I don’t get the thrill of posting on other teams boards anyhow, reading for entertainment, sure.
Do you mean the official 49ers board? Because they have a Ravens fan who constantly taunts 49er fans and also constantly insults people but somehow never gets banned. They DO however, ban anyone at the slightest hint of an "inappropriate" post.

For example, I once got banned for posting a picture of Patrick Willis from the ESPN bodies series (or whatever it is called), but then added a huge black block from between his legs down to his ankles with the word "censored" on it in yellow font, indicating he had a giant johnson. I thought it was hilarious, but nope, instabanned.
I’m talking the denialZONE.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1o1ejxz5 said:
Sports Hernia":1o1ejxz5 said:
Popeyejones":1o1ejxz5 said:
Sports Hernia":1o1ejxz5 said:

You said something doesn’t exist.

I said that’s untrue and gave you an example.

You’re now saying it doesn’t count and complaining that I didn’t go to another forum to wade into a thread I don’t spend time in in order to gift you with multiple examples.

Per usual, you’re arguing in bad faith.
Cool story bro, too bad you are wrong as usual.

PM iRo (Roland) sometime and ask him what crap they pulled on him.

You are a troll, and I don’t care for your online persona very much but I would NEVER pull that same shit on you that happened to him on the denial-zone, your home forum.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
NINEster":1la5vq33 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1la5vq33 said:

Wow, this is a great post and expresses my thoughts exactly!!

Benoit and others have pointed this out, as it's rather obvious to anyone who is willing to pay careful attention to it. The runs, escapes and "rainbows" (I hate that term but shall keep using it) impress many, but those that pay careful attention to throws Wilson makes beyond his first read while not leaving the pocket will see a QB who is not elite. Last year was a little taste of the future.

Floyd Mayweather is such a powerful metaphor here. Gets the guaranteed W in a style that technically dominates but only he does. If Floyd fought more boxers straight up he'd have a few Ls on his resume, and if/when Wilson does not scramble anymore to buy time, he too will feel the reign tighten on him.
Well, the thing is, he is so goddamned amazing at it that he IS elite despite whatever limitations he has as a traditional pocket passer. Or if not elite he's definitely in the next tier.