Bevell to QB coach DaBears

SF49r

Reaction score
gowazzu02":tqbisrhs said:
Now that he's finally gone, can we admit that he actually did a really good job here?

Sure things got away from us the last couple years, but even then what did we rank 11th in overall O? But thats not what im talking about.

He took an undersized 3rd rd QB, and rewrote his entire playbook for him. He helped get us to the Superbowl back to back years. Yes he blew the second one, but we were there.
From what I seen over the years most of there big plays were from backyard football from Wilson and Lynch being impossible to tackle. They're turning all these busted plays into big plays. Coaching on the offensive side of the ball was a big issue and if you can't see it than your blinded by Wilson and Lynch just being simply amazing. If you take out Wilson's mobility, I'd say that offense would be historically bad and its amazing he still led the league in touchdowns.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SF49r":69w682q6 said:
gowazzu02":69w682q6 said:
Now that he's finally gone, can we admit that he actually did a really good job here?

Sure things got away from us the last couple years, but even then what did we rank 11th in overall O? But thats not what im talking about.

He took an undersized 3rd rd QB, and rewrote his entire playbook for him. He helped get us to the Superbowl back to back years. Yes he blew the second one, but we were there.
From what I seen over the years most of there big plays were from backyard football from Wilson and Lynch being impossible to tackle. They're turning all these busted plays into big plays. Coaching on the offensive side of the ball was a big issue and if you can't see it than your blinded by Wilson and Lynch just being simply amazing. If you take out Wilson's mobility, I'd say that offense would be historically bad and its amazing he still led the league in touchdowns.
Bingo!

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":237rhkzh said:
Fade":237rhkzh said:
The great Darrell Bevell can only get a QB coach job, and that is really only because Quinn knows him.

Dude is on the verge of being out of the league entirely.

LOL.
Well, maybe it's because he's so old--err...wait a second. He's 48, which should put him right in the prime of his coaching career.

Never mind; carry on. :salute:

:lol:

I might get flamed for this. But I think there are some college teams he would be a good fit for. The speed of the game is different in college and slow developing bubble screens actually work there. Maybe Chip Kelly needs an OC at UCLA. hahaha

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1roho2n4 said:
RolandDeschain":1roho2n4 said:
Fade":1roho2n4 said:
The great Darrell Bevell can only get a QB coach job, and that is really only because Quinn knows him.

Dude is on the verge of being out of the league entirely.

LOL.
Well, maybe it's because he's so old--err...wait a second. He's 48, which should put him right in the prime of his coaching career.

Never mind; carry on. :salute:

:lol:

I might get flamed for this. But I think there are some college teams he would be a good fit for. The speed of the game is different in college and slow developing bubble screens actually work there. Maybe Chip Kelly needs an OC at UCLA. hahaha

I can't see Chip going for that....he is all about speed and efficiency. Remember, it takes Bev about 30 seconds to get the play call in every time. One of the things that always drove me crazy was Wilson walking up to the line with about 7 seconds left on the play clock and getting the ball snapped at 1 second every time.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sorry, had to change the title...

Good luck to him tho....

gowazzu02

Reaction score
SF49r":1pd8i4g7 said:
gowazzu02":1pd8i4g7 said:

Just to play devils advocate. There are plenty of people that didn't give Wilson due credit coming into this year and point out specific examples where he missed throws or how Seattle oculdn't run a traditional offense because of his deficiency. (ie height)

Im not saying he shouldn't be canned but at the same time we've been pretty darn good over the years. And we spend considerably less on the offense. IE. cheapest oline in the league. His top targets for years were both former UDFAs. Both our prized offensive trade pieces didnt' really fit the offense we wanted to run. Harvin not being a true WR and being a knuclkle head and Graham not being a true TE more of a wr hybrid who also shredded his knee in year 1.

OK now that thats out of the way, go back to posting like we were Cleveland on offense while under bevel!

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Bevell did a good job up until “The Play”, the team was never the same after that play. IMHO Bevell was responsible for it but was never held accountable (in the media or the clubhouse) and that divided our players. I thank Bevell for being a part of a Seahawks Championship, but this team has begged to moved on and grow from 49... now is their chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hawknation2018

Reaction score
AKNFidel":1fovjx7t said:
Bevell did a good job up until “The Play”, the team was never the same after that play. IMHO Bevell was responsible for it but was never held accountable (in the media or the clubhouse) and that divided our players. I thank Bevell for being a part of a Seahawks Championship, but this team has begged to moved on and grow from 49... now is their chance.

There were plenty of threads on this board before "The Play" that lambasted Bevell for his incompetence and called for him to be fired. I know because I started some of them, LOL.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3vy6nqph said:
AKNFidel":3vy6nqph said:

There were plenty of threads on this board before "The Play" that lambasted Bevell for his incompetence and called for him to be fired. I know because I started some of them, LOL.

There are plenty of threads on here saying JS needs to be canned, or PC.... this board is full of people who freak out over any and everything. Should not be the indicator of really anything.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
gowazzu02":zqncgyqu said:
hawknation2018":zqncgyqu said:
AKNFidel":zqncgyqu said:

There are plenty of threads on here saying JS needs to be canned, or PC.... this board is full of people who freak out over any and everything. Should not be the indicator of really anything.

The people who want Carroll/Schneider "canned" are fools. There were legitimate gripes against Bevell since he his first year with the Seahawks, which have been detailed ad nauseum.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AKNFidel":2ohnushs said:

I remember my first time watching the 2011 season.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Any OC could have made that 2012-14 Seahawks offense look good. Don't care. Bevell is a hack. Funny that he can't find an OC job now.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Vpk0718":se1ye78y said:
Any OC could have made that 2012-14 Seahawks offense look good. Don't care. Bevell is a hack. Funny that he can't find a job now.

Fixed it for you.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":mv3dym46 said:
AKNFidel":mv3dym46 said:

? I don’t understand your statement... I’ve been a Seahawks fan since the NFL announced a Seattle expansion team in 1974. Lived through the late 80s and all the 90s where we did not have the talent or coaching to be a .500 Club let alone a playoff team. I’ve never be a Bevell fan, but in 2011 the trajectory of the Seahawks was pointing north. Why would you disrupt the team while something special was starting to happen? Now that the teams trajectory is starting to point south it’s the perfect time to change the coaching staff. If some of these “fans” were to get what they are asking for and fire coaches whenever they wanted, we’d have a revolving door and a different staff every year. That type of system can’t work, See the Cleveland Browns.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AKNFidel":1efi4kwj said:
seahawkfreak":1efi4kwj said:
AKNFidel":1efi4kwj said:

? I don’t understand your statement... I’ve been a Seahawks fan since the NFL announced a Seattle expansion team in 1974. Lived through the late 80s and all the 90s where we did not have the talent or coaching to be a .500 Club let alone a playoff team. I’ve never be a Bevell fan, but in 2011 the trajectory of the Seahawks was pointing north. Why would you disrupt the team while something special was starting to happen? Now that the teams trajectory is starting to point south it’s the perfect time to change the coaching staff. If some of these “fans” were to get what they are asking for and fire coaches whenever they wanted, we’d have a revolving door and a different staff every year. That type of system can’t work, See the Cleveland Browns.

The 2011 Seahawks offense was terrible. Only reason it got better is because of Russell Wilson in 2012. I don't know what more to tell you.

2011 is very reminiscent of 2016/2017 even with RW it got even worse. That season seems to be a forgotten time. Combining a mature D with RW and ML,,,, hey look at that. Doesn't equate to DB being good till 2016.

chris98251

Reaction score
That's only because TJack could only throw right and make one read.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":14lifxgx said:
RolandDeschain":14lifxgx said:
LOL, he got a Super Bowl ring being the OC for the Seahawks, yet couldn't even find another OC gig and signed on at a big downgrade of a job position.

Yeah, I'd say this is more evidence that everybody knows he sucks. To the people wanting Bevell over an as-yet-unseen-for-the-Seahawks Schotty, build a bridge and get the hell over it.

I'm looking forward to a season where SOMEONE other than RW can score and rush. I'm looking forward to less than 30 sacks next season. Small wins.

As glad as I am that Bevell is gone...

If you're expecting less than 30 sacks next season, expect to be disappointed. In the franchise's history, they have only allowed less than 30 sacks 5 times. 2005, 1988, 1979, 1977, and 1976.

Since 2002 there have only been 141 times less than 30 sacks were allowed(Out of 480). Seattle and Minnesota are the only teams to have only done it once in that span. Indianapolis and the New York Giants have the most seasons. Allowing less than 30 sacks 10 times.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
JGreen79":1ox3rfui said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ox3rfui said:
RolandDeschain":1ox3rfui said:
LOL, he got a Super Bowl ring being the OC for the Seahawks, yet couldn't even find another OC gig and signed on at a big downgrade of a job position.

Yeah, I'd say this is more evidence that everybody knows he sucks. To the people wanting Bevell over an as-yet-unseen-for-the-Seahawks Schotty, build a bridge and get the hell over it.

I'm looking forward to a season where SOMEONE other than RW can score and rush. I'm looking forward to less than 30 sacks next season. Small wins.

As glad as I am that Bevell is gone...

If you're expecting less than 30 sacks next season, expect to be disappointed. In the franchise's history, they have only allowed less than 30 sacks 5 times. 2005, 1988, 1979, 1977, and 1976.

Since 2002 there have only been 141 times less than 30 sacks were allowed(Out of 480). Seattle and Minnesota are the only teams to have only done it once in that span. Indianapolis and the New York Giants have the most seasons. Allowing less than 30 sacks 10 times.

Exactly why I want to see it happen.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Is bevel off to Chicago yet? I'm fully confident in their ability to make such a stupid move. After all, they traded us a first-round pick for Mirer... :mrgreen: