NFCCG TREAD

adeltaY

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dypc9w0 said:
adeltaY":3dypc9w0 said:
Yeah if the Vikes and Jags defenses weren't elite this season your standards are impossibly high.
I'd say a qualification for being "elite" is even on your bad days, you're only sorta-bad. The Vikings let a backup QB hang 38 on them, maybe more before this game is over. The Jaguars let a backup QB traded to a win-less (or near-win-less) team halfway through the year hang 44 on them, and they let old man Rapistburger hang 42 on 'em. Just sayin', the Seahawks defense only gave up more than 30 points ONCE in 2012, 2013, and 2014 COMBINED including playoffs, which was 34 @ Indy and that game was...BS in some ways - though it still totally counts, not saying it doesn't.

THAT'S elite.

That's a historically great defense over three years, arguably the greatest ever given how offense-friendly the rules are these days. Vikings and Jags were the top 2 defenses this year. Semantics issue I guess. Also 30 points seems pretty arbitrary but whatever.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
adeltaY":pve9oyxi said:
That's a historically great defense over three years, arguably the greatest ever given how offense-friendly the rules are these days. Vikings and Jags were the top 2 defenses this year. Semantics issue I guess. Also 30 points seems pretty arbitrary but whatever.
It just seemed like a nice round number. Go by number of times the defense has allowed more than the league average then, if you prefer.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ill say the same thing I said after the Saint loss

This game is in MINN and they are going to the Superbowl. Homefield Advantage is probably the number 1 thing you can have in the playoffs even higher than QB. The Saints game was close because it was in a dome but the loss in 2000 and today they were outscored like 70 something to 7 in Philly and in NY

That and in the 4 games going back to 98 they have 15 turnovers...like O_O what

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
^^ The stat before the game was indoor teams playing in outdoor stadiums for the CCG were 0-12. Now that reads 0-13.

Eags can win this game, but it will take a historic performance from the D-line -along with a little luck- ala the Giants.
They have the horses up front to do it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1h7fco1x said:
^^ The stat before the game was indoor teams playing in outdoor stadiums for the CCG were 0-12. Now that reads 0-13.

Eags can win this game, but it will take a historic performance from the D-line -along with a little luck- ala the Giants.
But the big question is do they have the coaching staff to do it. IMHO the number one reason the Jags lost was they quit being aggressive on both sides of the ball. Their coaching staff “turtled”.

I wasn’t impressed with Eagles HC DP when they played and lost to Seattle here, he made a couple of boner decisions against us. Not only do his players need to play flawless football he and his coordinators need to be close to flawless as well if they want to have any chance at winning.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3dz769th said:
Grahamhawker":3dz769th said:

But the big question is do they have the coaching staff to do it. IMHO the number one reason the Jags lost was they quit being aggressive on both sides of the ball. Their coaching staff “turtled”.

I wasn’t impressed with Eagles HC DP when they played and lost to Seattle here, he made a couple of boner decisions against us. Not only do his players need to play flawless football he and his coordinators need to be close to flawless as well if they want to have any chance at winning.

Foles played about as Perfect as you can play today. I dont see him repeating against the Pats on a neutral field IN THE SUPERBOWL....he is going to be shaken and scared

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
What if Bevell replaces Shumur in Minnesota...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

xkj1985x

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2xv6x8o7 said:
Foles played about as Perfect as you can play today. I dont see him repeating against the Pats on a neutral field IN THE SUPERBOWL....he is going to be shaken and scared

No he won't. He will be fine.

Doug Pederson has proven himself to be an elite play caller this year and will come up with a good plan to let Nick do what Nick does best and that's execute the RPO.

The Eagles have an elite DL that can rush four and get home and drop seven into coverage. They'll do that. If the DL plays like it did tonight, they'll have a chance. If Foles executes the gameplay like he did tonight (against a defense MUCH better than the Patriots), they'll have a chance.

To discredit them is silly but you won't be the only one to do it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qko6ttp said:
Grahamhawker":2qko6ttp said:

I see it playing out like Broncos-Panthers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":113m3zmw said:
And in memory of our old pal, Radish: Go Iggles!
:2thumbs:
Nice to see you stick your head in here Brian. :irishdrinkers:

Don’t be a stranger. 8)

adeltaY

Reaction score
xkj1985x":17mfzxo8 said:
WilsonMVP":17mfzxo8 said:

Doug Pederson has proven himself to be an elite play caller this year and will come up with a good plan to let Nick do what Nick does best and that's execute the RPO.

The Eagles have an elite DL that can rush four and get home and drop seven into coverage. They'll do that. If the DL plays like it did tonight, they'll have a chance. If Foles executes the gameplay like he did tonight (against a defense MUCH better than the Patriots), they'll have a chance.

Your points about the offense are true. Belichick is the best game planner in the league, so he should have something cooked up to limit foles. I actually think the Eagles D has been more suspect than the scores have shown it to be lately.

The seahawks laid out the blueprint for beating the Eagles D, which is to abuse rub routes and use double moves to beat yalls man coverage and blitzes. Mcdaniels is a far superior coordinator that what we had, so I'll be he has a great game plan. I'll post a video that went over how Sark failed to exploit this in the Falcons game tomorrow.

endzorn

Reaction score
Another Vikings choke. It’ll be weeks before this smile leaves my face. Vikings fans are the most delusional and insufferable fan base in sports.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":2q1bvy9t said:
xkj1985x":2q1bvy9t said:
WilsonMVP":2q1bvy9t said:

Your points about the offense are true. Belichick is the best game planner in the league, so he should have something cooked up to limit foles. I actually think the Eagles D has been more suspect than the scores have shown it to be lately.

The seahawks laid out the blueprint for beating the Eagles D, which is to abuse rub routes and use double moves to beat yalls man coverage and blitzes. Mcdaniels is a far superior coordinator that what we had, so I'll be he has a great game plan. I'll post a video that went over how Sark failed to exploit this in the Falcons game tomorrow.

Oh, make no mistake about it....I don't think the Eagles win the game. I just think those saying they have zero shot are out of their minds. After seeing what Foles did yesterday and with a good game play by Doug in the Super Bowl, he probably won't replicate it but he can absolutely do enough to win. Remember the Patriots defense is not on the level of Minnesota and they were taken to the woodshed.

Brady is Brady and Belichick is Belichick. Pats will get their points, there is ZERO debate about that. Can the Eagles keep up? I think they can but I don't think they win.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Eagles should be able to put up 24+ on them if Foles plays decently. If he plays like he did yesterday then 35+ easily. Eagles absolutely have a shot but it'll be tough. Good luck.

chris98251

Reaction score
Half time Eagles up 24 to 10, second half Patriots Rally and win 32 to 28, Eagles get flagged 8 times in second half, NFL ratings high, Patriots win, City Named after Brady in Massachusetts and Belichek gets unprecedented entry to hall of fame while still coaching.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":2np5e5jd said:
Half time Eagles up 24 to 10, second half Patriots Rally and win 32 to 28, Eagles get flagged 8 times in second half, NFL ratings high, Patriots win, City Named after Brady in Massachusetts and Belichek gets unprecedented entry to hall of fame while still coaching.

Does that go with the 4 penalties for Bradys Patriots in the first half for a total of 20 yds???

:2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My favorite part of the game.

p-1-eagleseye.gif