Eagles Fans

Cyrus12

Reaction score
They are a crazy bunch...lots of fan fight vids popping up online. Are they worse than Raider fans??

James in PA

Reaction score
Most obnoxious fans in the NFL. You should see it here in PA. They are starving for a Lombardi. I hope New England takes care of business one more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's Eagle fan for me, and it's not even close.

Myopic, racist, obnoxious, violent, insufferable...........you name the very worst parts of being a sports fan, and Eagle fans are it.

Raider fans are just dumb and obnoxious, and they've been neutered since the move to Vegas was announced. So nowhere close to even being in the top 5 most annoying fans in the league.

Patriot fans are the closest 2nd, so yeah! top two most insufferable fanbases in the SB, lucky Minnesota!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I don’t understand the violence. What a crazy way to show joy/excitement?

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah what did that Pole do to him :)

p-1-eagleseye.gif

replicant

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanaCos/status/955378422682980353[/tweet]

original poster

Reaction score
A group of Eagles fans shouted a swear word at a baby in a pram that was wearing a vikings hat.

That’s the sort of thing that would get me in prison if I was the parent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":1sgk8e4f said:
What about Bills mafia? Are they more lovabley crazy?

Definitely, they're like a cute puppy that keeps chewing on your shoes but you can't get mad cause they don't know any better.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Smellyman":2zb6ues0 said:
Life is hard, it's especially hard on stupid people.
Some people just aren't lucky when it comes to thinking.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
As an opposing fan, I’ve been berated everytime I’ve gone to a game walking down Occidental or through Pioneer Square before a game. Dipshit fans exist everywhere but should never be grouped in as a whole.

Although I will say that this past Eagles-Seahawks game in December, I had zero issue. However, I didn't expose any of my Eagles gear until I was up at my seats so that's probably why.

Philly is an easy target because of the Santa Clause incident which if you do your homework on this one, it was a drunk Santa that they pulled out from the stands and was just sloppy...partnered with the fact that those who made this incident famous, I'd say most are dead.

Then the Michael Irvin thing which was garbage but again, this is almost 20 years ago.

The fan study that was done below places the Eagles fan base outside the Top 10 in fan arrests so it's much worse elsewhere. I'm also not going to stand here and say Philly fans are the pinnacle of maturity (they aren't) but I don't think any fan base is.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikeclaynfl/status/955520729612767234[/tweet]

Alcohol does a lot of stupid things to some not very bright people, regardless of the city it happens in. Philly is just an easy target to publicize incidents.

I don't think the story about that guy that rides his bike for charity outside of Century Link that was beat after a Hawks game a few years ago made national headlines but it should have. It happens everywhere.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
xkj1985x":10gtzp6h said:

It's a nice chart, but I don't think it's showing what people think it's showing, as the range is just way too wide be even remotely believable.

I don't think anybody with a straight face could seriously believe that Chargers fans are 25 times more aggressive, drunk, and disorderly than Bears fans.

Even for an NFL fan base to be two or three times as aggressive, drunk, and disorderly as another NFL fanbase starts to strain credulity.

I'd put $10,000 down on a bet as to what's happening, and it's pretty simple proposition: Arrest data and crime data aren't the same thing.

Think about it this way, using an example of a state in which weed possession is illegal:

Two cops each patrol a four block radius which are right next to each other and in a year each cop catches 10 people with weed. Cop #1 arrests all ten people, and Cop #2 has all ten people throw their weed into the sewer and tells them not to do it again. From ARREST data we would think that weed is totally limited to one four block radius, and that there's no illegal weed smoking going on in the other four block radius. That's WRONG though, because arrest data doesn't equal crime data.

So, converting back to this table, this is basically a table that shows that San Diego, New Jersey (Jets and Giants) and Oakland are outliers in using one policing strategy at NFL games (arrest 'em and book em!), and Houston, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Seattle are outliers in using the opposite policing strategy (kick 'em out and issue 'em warnings!).

The problem is that we rarely if ever have actual crime data, so we end up using arrest data AS IF it's crime data, and it just isn't.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1wlh0hwk said:
xkj1985x":1wlh0hwk said:

It's a nice chart, but I don't think it's showing what people think it's showing, as the range is just way too wide be even remotely believable.

I don't think anybody with a straight face could seriously believe that Chargers fans are 25 times more aggressive, drunk, and disorderly than Bears fans.

Even for an NFL fan base to be two or three times as aggressive, drunk, and disorderly as another NFL fanbase starts to strain credulity.

I'd put $10,000 down on a bet as to what's happening, and it's pretty simple proposition: Arrest data and crime data aren't the same thing.

Think about it this way, using an example of a state in which weed possession is illegal:

Two cops each patrol a four block radius which are right next to each other and in a year each cop catches 10 people with weed. Cop #1 arrests all ten people, and Cop #2 has all ten people throw their weed into the sewer and tells them not to do it again. From ARREST data we would think that weed is totally limited to one four block radius, and that there's no illegal weed smoking smoking going on. That's WRONG though, because arrest data doesn't equal crime data.

So, converting back to this table, this is basically a table that shows that San Diego, New Jersey (Jets and Giants) and Oakland are outliers in using one policing strategy at NFL games (arrest 'em and book em!), and Houston, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Seattle are outliers in using the opposite policing strategy (kick 'em out and issue 'em warnings!).

The problem is that we rarely if ever have actual crime data, so we end up using arrest data AS IF it's crime data, and it just isn't.

So your saying that Seattle has smarter thieves or the cops are paid off more? :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":18ds49cr said:
So your saying that Seattle has smarter thieves or the cops are paid off more? :)

Bit a both. :lol: :2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
Crystal City was at top of that 2016 list. That shouldn't be a surprise.

mrt144

Reaction score
Cyrus12":13oy2s22 said:
They are a crazy bunch...lots of fan fight vids popping up online. Are they worse than Raider fans??

Yes. Raiders fans are gang members, scumbags, general no-good-niks. Eagles fans are somehow worse, categorically.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
mrt144":sv2m05fq said:
Raiders fans are gang members, scumbags, general no-good-niks.

Have you ever been to a Raiders game in Oakland before? Real question.