Marcus Peters to the Rams

Trrrroy

Reaction score
It's a win now move, which makes sense for them seeing how impressive they looked last season. This is a weak CB class and Peters is an upgrade over Johnson on the field. Intereated to see how much they gave up. It may change my opinion.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RCATES":2qd5dmpb said:
Buckle up boys we are in for a ruff ride the next several years. Rams defense just became the best in the league and its not even close. We will do shit on offense against them. That team is superior to Seattle in every way.

Not sure if just a troll tbh. Depending on how healthy Sherman is and the continued growth of Shaq along with Coleman in the slot, I'd put our CB group against the Rams'. We are also definitely better at QB and ILB. I think they're letting Watkins go, but we could let Richardson go, so I think receiver is a toss-up and Doug is better than anyone they have. Really, their big advantages are at DL, OL, and RB, the first two of which are hugely important and are why the Rams will be legit and, yes, better than the Hawks this year. Not in every facet though, cmon.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35xltll8 said:
Popeyejones":35xltll8 said:
drrew":35xltll8 said:
I like Marcus Peters quite a bit, but this means the Rams are almost guaranteed not to resign Trumaine Johnson and they're going to have to give up multiple draft picks, so the overall impact isn't as great as just saying they now have Peters on the team.

I think Peters is a tad overrated due to his high INT totals, but isn't anywhere as overrated as is Trumaine Johnson. They just got a lot better at CB by having Peters instead of Johnson, and this is before even considering they couldn't afford to still keep Johnson.

As for the draft capital, right now the Rams don't really need draft picks, they need a way to keep their team in order while their talent gets paid. They now have a superior player (Marcus Peters) for less money over the next two years than they paid an inferior player (Trumaine Johnson) in one year last year.

Any way you slice it I think the Rams got better today.
Yes they did, sadly.

Well they better have the leadership in place to keep him in check, L.A. is a Garden of Eden full of Apples to some of these guys that are immature.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drrew":4w8wzg38 said:
I like Marcus Peters quite a bit, but this means the Rams are almost guaranteed not to resign Trumaine Johnson and they're going to have to give up multiple draft picks, so the overall impact isn't as great as just saying they now have Peters on the team.

This.

Peters is a better CB than Johnson, but it's not by a mile. So the net impact IMO isn't as drastically terrible for us as some are making it out to be.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
He's a good DB when playing the pass, but he makes business decisions when it comes to tackling. KC fans have likened him to Prime Time in his tackling efforts, or lack thereof.

I'm not particularly worried, though he is an upgrade over Johnson for them as stated above. It's a good move for LA considering he's still on his rookie contract.

Rat

Reaction score
The NFC West isn't going to be very exciting this year.

1. Rams
2. Niners
3. ???
4. ???

Maybe that battle for third will be fierce.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":19hzuvk1 said:

1. Rams
2. Niners
3. ???
4. ???

Your calling dinner a failure before you even know what's cooking yet. Everything can change in one day, draft FA's as well as a revamped coaching staff.

I think I will wait to see whether were getting the Prime Rib or Hamburger Helper as main course before I turn my nose up.

getnasty

Reaction score
Peters is talented but I'd rather have Johnson, at least with Johnson you don't have to worry about the distractions. Makes sense for the Rams though, should free up some cap space to sign Donald.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":3tyvaoaf said:
Rat":3tyvaoaf said:

1. Rams
2. Niners
3. ???
4. ???

Everything can change in one day, draft FA's as well as a revamped coaching staff.

Have you seen our recent drafts?

Osprey

Reaction score
chris98251":1g7edoy2 said:
Your calling dinner a failure before you even know what's cooking yet. Everything can change in one day, draft FA's as well as a revamped coaching staff.

I think I will wait to see whether were getting the Prime Rib or Hamburger Helper as main course before I turn my nose up.

QYvMDoOfrRDdCvux07lWzS 8FpeUnVR57QOTFmL5ckb1j80t9l

Newest coaching hire?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
No worries.
I don't care what their lineup looks like.
The injury bug can bite any team at any time.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2enprao6 said:
Chiefs fans really aren't that upset about it. Rumors are he's a locker room cancer and extremely immature.
RUMOR??? LOL
Didn’t he choke a UW coach to get kicked off the Huskies?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":270wfpka said:
JGfromtheNW":270wfpka said:
Chiefs fans really aren't that upset about it. Rumors are he's a locker room cancer and extremely immature.
RUMOR??? LOL

Oh good lord. The coaches from UW called that report "bull****," if I remember correctly. Take from that what you will, I guess. While I agree that he's had a pattern of being a jackass, his actions at UW have no effect on his reputation with KC fans after three years in the league. If KC fans think he's a douche, it's likely because he's acted as a douche in his pro career, not just four years ago when he was 21 years old.

drrew

Reaction score
Rat":3eyvjewb said:
Have you seen our recent drafts?

You mean like last year where they got four starters in Pocic, Griffin, Jones, and Carson?....and that's after the first pick almost killed himself on an ATV.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":17l1kdsf said:
ZorntoLargent":17l1kdsf said:
JGfromtheNW":17l1kdsf said:
RUMOR??? LOL

Oh good lord. The coaches from UW called that report "bull****," if I remember correctly. Take from that what you will, I guess. While I agree that he's had a pattern of being a jackass, his actions at UW have no effect on his reputation with KC fans after three years in the league. If KC fans think he's a douche, it's likely because he's acted as a douche in his pro career, not just four years ago when he was 21 years old.

So he was a douche at both places...

which means... he's a douche?

Seemed to tail off as the repercussions of losing Eric Berry became more of an impact.

Still.. a solid player

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Osprey":2kc159e3 said:
chris98251":2kc159e3 said:

QYvMDoOfrRDdCvux07lWzS 8FpeUnVR57QOTFmL5ckb1j80t9l

Newest coaching hire?

Our newest coaching hire was firing cabevel. We could do better with cardboard cutouts of them, and instead we're going to have real live coaches. But on the other hand, RCates says we may as well not even play this year, so there's that.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":fblz9dfu said:
Rat":fblz9dfu said:

1. Rams
2. Niners
3. ???
4. ???

But I like Hamburger helper. Rats...forgot to get some before the 3 inches of snow hit today. Guess I shall have to go with Venison.

King Dog

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1c6qjm5k said:
Wonder what we will do to improve...oh wait a minute we got no money left.....

We may not have any money, but at least we don't have any draft picks.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Seems it was a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd.

Not too bad at all, I'd take the risk for that sort of draft capital.

Latest posts