Sherman's Theories on The Hawks

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
All I can say to these guys that say Pete's "rah rah" style doesn't work in the NFL or it wears thin after a few years is (and I wish some of the pundits would explicitly state it like this to their faces):

When you were all buying in, the team built one of the best defenses in NFL history and went to back to back Superbowls. It's when you decided the message was stale and stopped buying in that things went south.

Sorry, but that's on the players. The coach already proved his system works when the players buy in.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I don't blame Sherman for being "salty." Getting released is a bad look. We couldn't even get a 7th round pick for his contract. Now, he's just reaching for ways to make himself look better. Can't blame him for that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sour grapes. Simple as that. Not surprised.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Decimation":35yrrr6x said:
Haha who cares what Sherman thinks. If it wasn’t for Pete & Co there would be no way he would have been dominant as he has been throughout his career. He’s just being salty. Thanks for the memories, Sherm, but you’re now an enemy so good luck lol.

I would argue Sherm might not even have a career without Pete.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":1o9duvcp said:
All I can say to these guys that say Pete's "rah rah" style doesn't work in the NFL or it wears thin after a few years is (and I wish some of the pundits would explicitly state it like this to their faces):

When you were all buying in, the team built one of the best defenses in NFL history and went to back to back Superbowls. It's when you decided the message was stale and stopped buying in that things went south.

Sorry, but that's on the players. The coach already proved his system works when the players buy in.
The biggest part of managing an NFL team *IS* managing people. No matter the success one brings there will always be question marks, and the need to get the players to buy in to what you're selling. After 2015 I think that Carroll lost a lot of credibility. Bevell stood up at the podium and trashed Wilson, and Lockette, and there were no negative repercussions. The line played like a leaking sieve for years, yet Cable still stayed. The nepotism, and refusal to admit there was a major problem on the offensive side of the ball made Carroll seem out of touch. Last year everything culminated, and came to a head. All of the issues that were bubbling underneath the surface all of the sudden were made painfully clear.

I don't doubt one word of what Sherman is saying. There were too many rumors, and actual events that happened last season for it all to be a coincidence, or speculation. You could see it in the play of our team as well. We were very close to the most penalized team of all time. Our team lacked gap integrity on defense, and people were all just doing their own thing. I think it's clear that there was a problem, hence why we had a purge within the organization. Now we're shopping Earl Thomas, we straight up cut Sherman, and we traded Bennett away for practically nothing. We replaced Bevell, and Richards with two militaristic style, no BS coordinators in Schotty and Ken Norton Jr. Wholesale changes such as this do not happen unless there is a major problem afoot, especially when said team was talked about as a major contender for the Superbowl come this time last year with a coach that is now the oldest in the NFL.

There is some truth to what Sherman is saying, if there wasn't we wouldn't see the cornerstones of our organization be traded for little to nothing, or straight up cut.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Sherman just signed a new contract with the 49ers and the only thing he can talk about is his former team. Speaks volumes

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3jj50ya2 said:
imnKOgnito":3jj50ya2 said:

The biggest part of managing an NFL team *IS* managing people. No matter the success one brings there will always be question marks, and the need to get the players to buy in to what you're selling. After 2015 I think that Carroll lost a lot of credibility. Bevell stood up at the podium and trashed Wilson, and Lockette, and there were no negative repercussions. The line played like a leaking sieve for years, yet Cable still stayed. The nepotism, and refusal to admit there was a major problem on the offensive side of the ball made Carroll seem out of touch. Last year everything culminated, and came to a head. All of the issues that were bubbling underneath the surface all of the sudden were made painfully clear.

I don't doubt one word of what Sherman is saying. There were too many rumors, and actual events that happened last season for it all to be a coincidence, or speculation. You could see it in the play of our team as well. We were very close to the most penalized team of all time. Our team lacked gap integrity on defense, and people were all just doing their own thing. I think it's clear that there was a problem, hence why we had a purge within the organization. Now we're shopping Earl Thomas, we straight up cut Sherman, and we traded Bennett away for practically nothing. We replaced Bevell, and Richards with two militaristic style, no BS coordinators in Schotty and Ken Norton Jr. Wholesale changes such as this do not happen unless there is a major problem afoot, especially when said team was talked about as a major contender for the Superbowl come this time last year with a coach that is now the oldest in the NFL.

There is some truth to what Sherman is saying, if there wasn't we wouldn't see the cornerstones of our organization be traded for little to nothing, or straight up cut.

Absolutely there is some truth to what he is saying and Pete holds the largest portion of responsibility. The way he is saying it and his own description of the way he has acted on the team for the last several years speaks volumes to his character as well though and not in a positive way.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1f61of6k said:

Great post. I have no issues with what Sherman said. He wont be the last person to publicly criticize Pete and his ways. Seems like the fans know about all the issues but only get upset when somebody actually speaks about them.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":u0fr4owe said:
Our offense ranked top ten in 13, 14, 15, — followed by just above league average in 16, 17.

Says a lot about Marshawn Lynch doesnt it?

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2vryfepd said:
Spin Doctor":2vryfepd said:

Great post. I have no issues with what Sherman said. He wont be the last person to publicly criticize Pete and his ways. Seems like the fans know about all the issues but only get upset when somebody actually speaks about them.

Agreed 100%

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2z18lt47 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2z18lt47 said:
Our offense ranked top ten in 13, 14, 15, — followed by just above league average in 16, 17.

Definitely credit to him for sure, we all know he was an animal out there. Although, the Line was better (not saying good) then, and when we were rated the highest in ‘15, Marshawn wasn’t actually playing.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":b8nhk24s said:
pittpnthrs":b8nhk24s said:
Coug_Hawk08":b8nhk24s said:

Definitely credit to him for sure, we all know he was an animal out there. Although, the Line was better (not saying good) then, and when we were rated the highest in ‘15, Marshawn wasn’t actually playing.

This leaves aside that the Hawks weren’t great at running with Lynch before Wilson arrived. It took Lynch, Wilson, and the existing line to be top level. Keep in mind, Lynch didn’t really contribute in 15. That was Rawls as primary back.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Maybe I’m naive since I only read the text of the article, but I really don’t think Sherm sounded overly bitter at all. Lightly salted, maybe, but he seemed like his comments were professional enough. Another piece is that I would assume he’s being asked specific questions, which he’s giving an answer to.

Side note... the media sucks nowadays. These writers just throw out quotes without any context most of the time.

Best of luck Sherm, but not against Seattle.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Man the 30 for 30 on the LoB Seahawks is gonna be incendiary. Should open the fan salt mine even further haha

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is corny. Pretty good coach, though. If Sherman were a more mature player he'd understand what Pete was trying to accomplish. So he had to hear a story repeated a few times? Cry me a river. Realize who Pete is and just roll with it.

Jville

Reaction score
There is a lot of information about Pete Carroll and the current Seahawk program. However, the controversial and often contradictory mystery known as Richard Sherman is another mater. I think a thread on dedicated to theories about "what's eating Richard Sherman" could be of entertaining interest.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Jville":32708q5f said:
There is a lot of information about Pete Carroll and the current Seahawk program. However, the controversial and often contradictory mystery known as Richard Sherman is another mater. I think a thread on dedicated to theories about "what's eating Richard Sherman" could be of entertaining interest.

What’s eating Sherm?

It’s no secret that he and a few other members of the team were getting frustrated with the favoritism that RW received. Russ gets credit for all the wins these days, and none of the losses.

One conspiracy theory that could be a thread of its own, is “Why is the LOB REALLY being sent packing?”

This in my opinion is the first year that Wilson will have to prove to us who he really is. Is he the type that makes everyone better around him and can win games, now that the elite defense that was keeping the opposing score low is absolutely destroyed and scattered to the 4 corners of the country?

2018 will either be a good year, or the last year that PC and JS....and yes even RW are linked to the Seahawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He can't stand to go 5 minutes w/out playing the victim. Has to have the last word, over and over. And has never been wrong EVER :lol:
Gonna' miss the player, not the mouth......

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":3uqxnmk2 said:
pittpnthrs":3uqxnmk2 said:
Spin Doctor":3uqxnmk2 said:

Agreed 100%

Speaking the truth is not so much the issue here. It's continuing to talk about it to any one who will listen, over and over.

He went on Joe Thomas's podcast of all places to air dirty laundry. This wan't ESPN, or a Seattle radio show.... he went on an obscure podcast. Seriously Sherm, who are you going to talk to next? Maybe call some high school newspapers, or some fan blogs, maybe you can get an exclusive with .NET? :lol:

Stay classy Sherm.