Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I doubt the Seahawks were ever seriously in this conversation.

Is there any scrap of information the team ever made an offer to Suh, or that he was truly interested in playing here?

chris98251

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1wkrc33w said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/976544893446377473[/tweet]

Cablephobia, he doesn't want to be a Center.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Following dinner with coach Sean McVay and the Los Angeles Rams on Tuesday night, Suh was slated to fly up to Oakland to meet with the Raiders, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday. However, after the Rams reportedly "made a strong impression" on Suh, the three-time Pro Bowler put the kibosh on those plans.

Rapoport added that Suh is not expected to make a decision on Wednesday, but is considering signing with the Rams, New Orleans Saints or Tennessee Titans, the three organizations that hosted him over the last week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... turns-home

[youtube]WOHPuY88Ry4[/youtube]

flmmkrz

Reaction score
how did we officially fall out of the mix on this, was there not a visit scheduled?

kf3339

Reaction score
flmmkrz":16t4sp99 said:
how did we officially fall out of the mix on this, was there not a visit scheduled?

We were probably trying to play "Penny Ball" with him and he knew it. The Hawks are out of it. That is if we were ever really in it.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
kf3339":1avrr033 said:
flmmkrz":1avrr033 said:

We were probably trying to play "Penny Ball" with him and he knew it. The Hawks are out of it. That is if we were ever really in it.

I'm gonna choke if we see another reasonable signing number...sheldon was well under what most had him going for and the team didn't even come close to offering him that...I can just imagine how off the mark they are with Suh but who knows maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. Saints got no money rams money is going to be eaten up quickly by next year and then extending goff, I can't see how they can lock him up for any signficant term so that leaves the titans and they're a middling team, cant see how hed be excited to play there.Hopefully he was just working owners for that free meal all week lol

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":35u42dlp said:
Blitzer88":35u42dlp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/976544893446377473[/tweet]

Cablephobia, he doesn't want to be a Center.

And I was thinking TE....I need to understand the Cabevell more?????

hawknation2018

Reaction score
flmmkrz":133140lj said:

Probably because the front office felt we didn't have the resources to make a competitive offer. :(

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
flmmkrz":rf472jp1 said:

I don’t recall seeing anything about a visit being scheduled.

There was news of him being in Seattle, but those were because he has a house here I believe the reports said. Don’t remember seeing anything stating that the hawks had anything scheduled with him.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":1v6qzvwj said:
flmmkrz":1v6qzvwj said:

I don’t recall seeing anything about a visit being scheduled.

There was news of him being in Seattle, but those were because he has a house here I believe the reports said. Don’t remember seeing anything stating that the hawks had anything scheduled with him.

on page 7 there's an article posted about the team and him setting up an official meet, they'd had a call between Suh and Pete already while he was in town but nothing official, that was supposedly in the works, no idea what happened.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Ya I remember the phone call, but like everyone knows now after how Sherman was called by the Niners, the call is to set up the meetings.

Nothing about a meeting actually being scheduled, just that apparently the Hawks called Suh.

Which apparently Suh didn’t like enough in order to have dinner with PC over lol.

RCATES

Reaction score
Rams_eat_QB's":1moffddg said:

Donald will not step on the field this year without a back breaking multi-year contract from the Rams. He held out last year right up until week 1. No way he plays this year without getting paid. If they sign Suh before Donald that locker room will be in shambles. This is why its not happening. If it does it could be the downfall of a very young talented team. Having 30+ million tied up in 2 interior defenders a year is not smart cap management. Like others have said I'm all for the Rams doing it. They have to pay TG and Goff soon and will be in cap hell in the next 2 years closing their potential window.

original poster

Reaction score
I've studied the Rams cap a little and can say with absolute certainly that will be far from in 'cap hell'.

They're actually looking to be in really good shape cap wise in terms of managing larger contracts coming off the books at the same time rookie second contracts are due.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sounds like he’s signing there. Maybe by tomorrow according to guys on NFL Network

flmmkrz

Reaction score
original poster":159wypkm said:
I've studied the Rams cap a little and can say with absolute certainly that will be far from in 'cap hell'.

They're actually looking to be in really good shape cap wise in terms of managing larger contracts coming off the books at the same time rookie second contracts are due.

With some creativity I'm sure it could be done but Suh Donald Joyner Gurley Peters and Goff all within the next couple seasons and they won't have any cap issues? 3 of their 5 oline starts are all without contracts next year as well.

original poster

Reaction score
flmmkrz":4plp4ml8 said:
original poster":4plp4ml8 said:

With some creativity I'm sure it could be done but Suh Donald Joyner Gurley Peters and Goff all within the next couple seasons and they won't have any cap issues? 3 of their 5 oline starts are all without contracts next year as well.

Nope, they will be fine and I don't enjoy saying that.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
At this point if he doesn't sign with the Rams I'll be devastated.

The draft, Suh, Donald's extension will take up the rest of our cap this year - but I'm fine with that. The waiting on this is crazy.

Problem is that the Titans can easily pay him more than we can...and even though I don't consider them to be a contender, they did win a playoff game last year. Suh might see it differently.